The Student Room Group

Debenhams Phone Interview.

It's for a stockroom assistant position. I was just wondering if anyone knows what to expect or what they might ask? Bit nervous as I've never had a job or interview or anything like that before so I'm hoping I do well.
Also if I pass what will happen next, is it just a one on one interview or is it like a group interview then that or some sort of assessment? Read so many different things. Anyway, if anyone could give any advice that would be great, thank you.
Original post by prkp12
It's for a stockroom assistant position. I was just wondering if anyone knows what to expect or what they might ask? Bit nervous as I've never had a job or interview or anything like that before so I'm hoping I do well.
Also if I pass what will happen next, is it just a one on one interview or is it like a group interview then that or some sort of assessment? Read so many different things. Anyway, if anyone could give any advice that would be great, thank you.

Next you will most likely have a group interview which will end with an individual interview. The phone interview is not hard, just standard questions, mine was 2 years ago, so can't remember it too well.

But that's how mine went.
Original post by prkp12

Mine was for the Sales Advisor position, but I reckon they'll ask similar questions :smile: First they ask standard questions, such as your right to work in the UK, any pending convictions, the hours you can work etc. Then the interview starts; the questions they asked me were what I think I would do in the role, what I think the manager expects me to do, what is customer service and if a customer couldn't find the item they wanted in store how would you respond?

Fairly straightforward, although the last one is designed to catch people out I think. Just mention the instore ordering service/online store, and you'll be fine. And I also recommend visiting the website and reading through the job description. Good luck! Let me know how it goes :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by x-Saffire-x
Mine was for the Sales Advisor position, but I reckon they'll ask similar questions :smile: First they ask standard questions, such as your right to work in the UK, any pending convictions, the hours you can work etc. Then the interview starts; the questions they asked me were what I think I would do in the role, what I think the manager expects me to do, what is customer service and if a customer couldn't find the item they wanted in store how would you respond?

Fairly straightforward, although the last one is designed to catch people out I think. Just mention the instore ordering service/online store, and you'll be fine. And I also recommend visiting the website and reading through the job description. Good luck! Let me know how it goes :smile:

Hey, thanks for the help. I passed my phone interview and have a group and one on one interview next Tuesday. Any idea what both will involve?
Reply 4
Original post by prkp12
Hey, thanks for the help. I passed my phone interview and have a group and one on one interview next Tuesday. Any idea what both will involve?

Congratulations :smile:

Most likely your group interview will consist of some ice-breaking activities followed by some team work activities; the key to these are to try and stand out but also ensure that you listen to and consider the opinions and ideas of your fellow group members.

Your one-on-one interview will relate more directly to your personal experience and what you can bring to the position. Expect to be asked questions regarding your organisation skills, people skills and how you have dealt with particular situations in the past.

Just remember to be yourself and ensure you let the interviewers see the very best in you. Good luck and let us all know how it goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest