Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ChemAddict
Welcome to the club :hello:

You looked at accomodation yet?

Yeah, i'm thinking garden, but i'm not to sure yet... I'll pobably try to get a twin room as well :smile: you?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by haibara ai
Yeah, i'm thinking garden, but i'm not to sure yet... I'll pobably try to get a twin room as well :smile: you?

In the application you have to come up with 5 preferences. So make sure you look around and come up with 5 that you would be happy with :smile:.
Original post by Zottula
In the application you have to come up with 5 preferences. So make sure you look around and come up with 5 that you would be happy with :smile:.

I actually remember seeing you in last year's applicant thread when I was thinking about applying to Imperial.
Reply 43
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
I actually remember seeing you in last year's applicant thread when I was thinking about applying to Imperial.

Haha oh dear. Maybe I post too much.
Original post by Zottula
Haha oh dear. Maybe I post too much.

Nah, you've been a great help over here and I probably remember you more than anyone else because of your signature :P

Hey, I actually do have a question for you, is it the case that if you are willing to shell out for a ensuite you'll get it or is it that you have to be allocated to one to be able to get it.

Also, is there Wi-Fi in all rooms ?
Reply 45
Nah, you've been a great help over here and I probably remember you more than anyone else because of your signature :P

Hey, I actually do have a question for you, is it the case that if you are willing to shell out for a ensuite you'll get it or is it that you have to be allocated to one to be able to get it.

Also, is there Wi-Fi in all rooms ?

You aren't guaranteed any of your 5 preferences, so if you apply for an en suite you aren't guaranteed one I'm afraid. People are only guaranteed a particular room if it's for medical/welfare reasons. If you have a very good reason for requiring an en suite the accommodation people are good at sorting that kind of thing out.

I know quite a few people who applied for single en suites and ended up in a twin en suite instead.But I also know loads of people who got what they wanted. There are various theories on what to put on your application to give yourself a better chance of getting the room you want. If you apply for 5 en suites and then say that your preference is room type as opposed to price band then you are more likely to get an en suite, but you could end up with one that is more expensive than what you applied for. I know one girl who applied for a standard single and ended up in an en suite :s-smilie:. Dunno how that happened.

I get Wi-Fi in my room, but I don't think all the rooms get this. I'm not sure about this though. Every room has internet access though.
Hi,

Got an offer from Imperial too and I'm thrilled!! (: Hmm but I'm an international student. I heard that international students aren't really integrated in Imperial, as compared to Oxbridge, is this true? (I didn't apply for Oxbridge though haha)

Additionally, is life at imperial boring? I read that people there are really study-oriented/nerdy... And are students active in the student union?

I'm hoping that life at Imperial would be great (: So could someone answer these questions and ease my worries! Thanks!

i like garden too! near to the campus too not too far to walk which is good for me aha im thinking of going for a twin room too :smile:
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
Hey guys, well done on your offers. I'm at Imperial at the moment, first year biochem. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Havent been on here in ages cos of exams but whats it like accomidation wise, I havent been to an open day at imperial yet due never being free D: And where is biochem? Need to go to an open day, so clueless on the location of everything :frown: and they decided to do the open day on the chemy a2 exam for me >.<
Original post by kathmoynihan
Same and AAA :smile: but Cambridge haven't put unsuccessful yet (rejected before interview) so I need to either wait for that or withdraw it to reply. I AM SO EXCITED about Imperial. But is anyone else finding putting their firm and insurance really scary and difficult? I have no idea what to put as my insurance, and it's just so final. :eek:

My insurance is most likely going to be York just because its generally quite a nice place and have lower grades but still a fairly good uni.
Reply 50
Original post by Estelle123
i like garden too! near to the campus too not too far to walk which is good for me aha im thinking of going for a twin room too :smile:

Cool! :biggrin: Now we just need to hope we get our first choice...

What subject are you doing?
Still waiting for reply for biochemistry, looks like every but me has got the offer.

Can I ask the biochemists here who are studying at ICL whether the Biochem dept is good? A few other posts have said otherwise.

And the most ICL applicants are also Oxbridge applicants, may I ask what your motivations are for going to ICL over a gap year and reapply?

Did you have to fill in accommodation forms immediately after firming Imperial ?
Reply 53
Did you have to fill in accommodation forms immediately after firming Imperial ?

No. They send them out in May I think.

Sadly you don't get 1st choices, 2nd choice...etc. You make 5 choices, but you cannot put them in order of preference.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zottula
No. They send them out in May I think.

Sadly you don't get 1st choices, 2nd choice...etc. You make 5 choices, but you cannot put them in order of preference.

Righto. +rep for all your help.
Reply 55
will firm for Physics with Theoretical Physics. May i ask which halls are most sociable and has more of a balanced gender ratio?
Reply 56
i'm thinking of making imperial my firm for civil engineering :smile: can't wait!
Reply 57
Original post by Aphalleon
will firm for Physics with Theoretical Physics. May i ask which halls are most sociable and has more of a balanced gender ratio?

The gender ratio is roughly the same everywhere. I haven't noticed any different between the halls in that aspect. I think most of the halls are pretty good socially (this will change every year anyway depending on what the new student intake is like), but I do know that the noisy people end up in Beit :tongue:.
Reply 58

Yeah, I'm liking the look of Garden and also Weeks, literally across the road from the Science Museum! Beit and Holbien seem pretty cool too :smile:

aha yeah I'll be doing MEng Electronic and Electrical Engineering wbu?

Latest