The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Congrats all

I have been offered a conditional offer at Northampton to do the Primary PGCE. my condition is that i do 4 pages of a4 paper on passing the literacy qts using the book by Jim Johnson, have to submit it by june 1st. i take it this is them given me a little feedback and maybe need to do a little work on my literacy skills.

im currently living in northampton at the moment and completed my degree here, took a year out to save up some cash so if anyone needs any advice on accomadation/location or in general about northampton then im happy to help,

Paul :smile:
Original post by CLHeebs
I've been offered a place on secondary art and design at IoE. Have you looked much at accommodation?

I'm afraid I'm no exception to what StarBabyCat says!

Congratulations though! :smile: good luck on the accomodation front!
Yeah and accommodation would be hard, you have no idea where your placements are going to be. I don't know how they sort it but I hope that because I have a young family it will be my preferred East London/ Essex area!
Reply 443
Hi everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who has got an offer! I just got an offer for the PGCE (PCET) at UWE! I already live in Bristol so this was my first choice as I want to stay here :smile: So happy!
Just have to get my Undergrad degree finished now! :tongue:
Reply 444
Hi everyone and Congratulations!

Thought I'd join the thread, I have a place on the PGCE SCITT at Nottingham Uni. Really can't wait to start :smile:

Any one else doing this course?
Original post by Daftdonkey
I have just found out I have a conditional offer for Warwick Primary PGCE :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Anyone else for there?

Im heading there too, but to do Secondary Drama with English :smile: Congrats on your offer! xx
Reply 446
Original post by Sarah 88
Hi everyone and Congratulations!

Thought I'd join the thread, I have a place on the PGCE SCITT at Nottingham Uni. Really can't wait to start :smile:

Any one else doing this course?

hello, congrats on your offer. my friend has an interview in march for it. please can you give me an idea of what the interview entails? thanks :-)
Hey :smile:

Has anyone heard back from Somerset Scitt?
Original post by Monsieur D
Hi

I recieved my letter today! It basically said that the conditions are pending CRB checks, meeting requirments of the DFE and confirmation of suitability to teach from the GTC. It also says that my palce is dependent on sufficient places in partnership schools being available which is a bit worrying!

Roy Hughes was really funny as was the headteacher who was with him! I'm really excited! Are you already in Leeds or relocating?

Hey, i got my letter last week to but had been away so only seen it in the last few weeks! I had the same conditions but they also said that the interviewers(ie roy hughes and the headmsater) recommend i get more experience in a primary school before i start which ill get on with now! Really looking forward to starting soon, ill be moving to leeds for september which seems miles away!
Reply 449
Original post by jflower88
Yay congratulations!! What interview did you attend? I had mine 25th November! So happy! But now I have to sort out all the logistical things!

I also had mine 25th November!! Was yours a morning session or an afternoon? If yours started at 1pm then we were in the same group! :biggrin:
Reply 450
Hi Everyone! Congratualtions to all! :smile:

I've been here for about a month but only just finding my way around the forum! Anyway, been offered an unconditional offer from Roehampton to do PGCE Primary (3-7 years) :biggrin: so excited.

Anyone else on this course?
Reply 451
Original post by Sarah15
Hi Everyone! Congratualtions to all! :smile:

I've been here for about a month but only just finding my way around the forum! Anyway, been offered an unconditional offer from Roehampton to do PGCE Primary (3-7 years) :biggrin: so excited.

Anyone else on this course?

Hi Sarah

If you mean fs / ks1 then YES i am on! Congrats. I have made facebook group for fs / ks1:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/320738151296495/

general primary:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/320738151296495/

How far are u from roehampton as in where do u live? I'm in greenford
Does anyone know when the PGCEs are due to start? Like what date in September?
Reply 453
Original post by tommyfromhull

Hi, im not sure if it depends on the university. I start on the 10th sept at derby uni :-)
Original post by tommyfromhull

It varies, but you can expect it to be early September. :smile:

At Durham, we had to do a two week placement in our home area [8 days in priamry, 2 in secondary - with around 70 tasks to complete during that time lol] from September 5th. We then started classes in Durham from the 19th this year. :smile:
Reply 455
Original post by Tailor572
I also had mine 25th November!! Was yours a morning session or an afternoon? If yours started at 1pm then we were in the same group! :biggrin:

No, mine was the morning session! Would be good if there was a secondary English page set up on fb! :smile: how many were in your group?
Reply 456
Hey all.

Congratulations to everyone who's had an offer so far and good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back from places.

I've got an unconditional offer for the Primary PGCE (ks2) at Roehampton! Can't wait to start now although it still seems so far away :smile:

Sam xx
Reply 457
Congrats to everyone who has got onto a course! I cant wait for it to start now!

I'm doing primary at Bradford College - associate of Leeds Met!

Already gone a little crazy with buying books! lol

Is there anyone else doing their PGCE at Bradford?

Shilz :-)
Reply 458
Hi I have also got onto the PGCE course at Bradford College - associate of Leeds Met, my course is the 14-19 business education but our studies will be carried out at the same level, I am guessing same assignments etc, in relation to books, what books are required?
Reply 459
Hi Shilz,

Congrats, I have also got a place on the PGCE secondary 14-19 business education at Brad.Col, I understand yours is a Primary course but the assignments should be the same, and you mentioned books, which books have you started purchasing?

And yes excited 2 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending