The Student Room Group

Okay can somebody nice

Please explain to me what I actually need to do.

So I am applying for uni ya ya yaya.

I'll set my firm and insurance.

When do I sort out my accomodation for uni and how? Or does that come much later when I've got my grades?
it depends on the university, your firm will contact you about accommodation, its a different procedure at each uni but one thing im certain of is that they come to you, could be email/letter, remember you didnt have to make you firm choice until may sometime ( i seem to remember) so they could wait until everyone should have made their decision before sending out accommodation info
i went to Leeds met and received an email with my accommodation reference and the website info for me to go choose where i wanna go and pay my deposit. I left my decision till last min, i changed my mind a million times :biggrin:, so was pretty short wait for me, but more organised people could have to wait a lot longer...
x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
it depends on the university, your firm will contact you about accommodation, its a different procedure at each uni but one thing im certain of is that they come to you, could be email/letter, remember you didnt have to make you firm choice until may sometime ( i seem to remember) so they could wait until everyone should have made their decision before sending out accommodation info
i went to Leeds met and received an email with my accommodation reference and the website info for me to go choose where i wanna go and pay my deposit. I left my decision till last min, i changed my mind a million times :biggrin:, so was pretty short wait for me, but more organised people could have to wait a lot longer...
x

Great help thanks!

What happens if I miss my firm though, do unis tend to have some cover for those who insured their university choice or?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending