The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nffc-b
Anyone who has had their Nottingham interview recently know when they're going to reply?

I think they said it would be after the easter break. So at least a two week wait :/
Reply 3521
Original post by katehelena
At least two weeks! Arghh, i cant cope! How did you think yours went? What group were you in? :smile:

I think it went pretty well. The interviewer asked me sooo many things about chemistry and biology and the article they've sent us. they didn't even ask me why Nottingham. How did yours go? :smile: I was in group B!
Original post by lau93
Sorry Ive taken so long to reply! Yeah, I live about half an hour away :smile: what about you? Any luck with Bath?

Not to worry:smile: Yeah, I live only an hour away on the train so it's handy. Yes, I got an offer from Bath yay! But I don't know which to choose between Cardiff and Bath! I'm really stuck! What made you choose Cardiff? Because you're nearby? :smile:
Original post by dididi
I think it went pretty well. The interviewer asked me sooo many things about chemistry and biology and the article they've sent us. they didn't even ask me why Nottingham. How did yours go? :smile: I was in group B!

I was in group B too! :biggrin: I got asked loads of chemistry and biology as well, and i knew all the answers, but the interviewer didnt really respond to anything i said, he just kept a blank expression:/ So im not sure really, im hoping it went okay though!
Reply 3524
anyone who had to pick between Kings and UCL, how did you make your decision!? :s
Reply 3525
I was in group B too! :biggrin: I got asked loads of chemistry and biology as well, and i knew all the answers, but the interviewer didnt really respond to anything i said, he just kept a blank expression:/ So im not sure really, im hoping it went okay though!

The only thing I didn't know was to draw insulin whose structure isn't really easy but anyway. I got all the others right I think. At least the examiner seemed to agree. :P Are you going to firm Nottingham if they make you an offer? What are your other choices?
Original post by dididi
The only thing I didn't know was to draw insulin whose structure isn't really easy but anyway. I got all the others right I think. At least the examiner seemed to agree. :P Are you going to firm Nottingham if they make you an offer? What are your other choices?

Owhh gosh! I would have had no idea on that one! Umm, i probably will firm Nottingham if im lucky enough to get an offer. Im not completely sure though, its so hard to choose! My other choices are UEA, Bath, Manchester and Keele. How about you?
Original post by marz bar
anyone who had to pick between Kings and UCL, how did you make your decision!? :s

Didn't you see the difference in the interview dates? For example, there was no course talk at Kings. UCL has better facilities overall among many other factors.
Reply 3528
Owhh gosh! I would have had no idea on that one! Umm, i probably will firm Nottingham if im lucky enough to get an offer. Im not completely sure though, its so hard to choose! My other choices are UEA, Bath, Manchester and Keele. How about you?

Well, I applied to King's, UCL, Nottingham, Medway School of pharmacy and Reading. I have offers from all of them except from Not and UCL which haven't replied to me yet, but I think I'm leaning towards King's..
Original post by PRABSK
I'm in the same situation! It's so hard to decide, I'm going to the kings live event to see how I feel about the uni and stuff. People that I know who go kings and LSE have told me they've struggled in years 2 and 3 because of the rent an other living costs, it's really putting me off

Original post by Siennaa
This is the main reason why I'm struggling to choose between UCL and Nottingham :frown:

Yep, for me it's between King's and Bath
Its just a worry of cost esp yrs 2, 3 and 4 that may be a problem and travel costs!!
Its soo hard to decide...I actually can't focus on revision because this is all that is on my mind!!
I know London is a great city, and I love living in the city (thats whats winning me over Bath), just cost and how sometimes it can be a cold, unfriendly place at times.
Hope you guys come to a conclusion soon. Good Luck :smile:
Hey guys, it seems some of you are deciding whether to choose bath, and since im bored of revision, I can give some insight of whats life is like for 1st and 2nd (Im currently 2nd year).
So basically, first year is a catch up course for everyone to get to the same standard and doesnt count towards the degree, and also meant the uni provides accommodation for you. If you get a room on campus, its fantastic, however town is 20-30mins away. if you are unfortunate to live in town first year, this thoroughly prepares you the pain you go through the second year. Also second year is when you starts working as it does count.

the teaching staff is amazing, and very approachable, however dont expect it to be like school. you never get homework, however you do get workshops and labs (dont count towards final marks) and assessment (which do).

Im pretty sure i didnt cover anything but send me a message if you want to know more about bath. and I would also like to point out, that bath's crime rate is ridiculously low, unlike london...
Reply 3531
I dont know! I cant decide! Probably Nottingham if i get an offer, but im not sure how my interview went so im not all that confident of getting in:/

How about you?:smile:

exactly the same tbh i would like to go to notts :smile: i guess we will have to wait and see! let me know how it goes
arghhh how long does it take for the unis to reply back to you about accommodation?
Reply 3533
Original post by marz bar

I did, i firmed UCL in a heart beat! Kings does not have a good reputation in pharmacy! and it was like one floor dedicated to it, but UCL has a whole building! So much more prestige in the pharmaceutical world! But thats what i have heard so yeah :biggrin: good luck!! xxx
Reply 3534
Original post by James A
arghhh how long does it take for the unis to reply back to you about accommodation?

well with UCL they said end of april :frown: so assuming it could be the same with other unis? its so annoying tho haha!
Reply 3535
Who else has firmed UCL ? :biggrin: xx
Original post by danaxx94

Me, for the same reasons you gave above haha (also had to choose between UCL and King's)

excited to start!
Original post by danaxx94

Also firmed it just now :biggrin:
Reply 3538
Original post by Dima.K
Hey, I also had a UCL interview today.. and it was surprisingly relaxed and short. How did you fnd it? Really stuck on choosing between UCLSOP and Kings, I really liked them both!

Hey, I received an offer from both uclsop and kings. Also unsure which to decide. If u have decided which one's ur firm could u let me know the reason for ur choice. thanks a lot. :smile:
I rejected ucl....firmed wolverhampon and kingston because i know i'm only gonna get BB max, biology is just solid lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending