The Student Room Group

2013 Finance/Accountancy Internships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Huslter
how long does PWC take to get back to you after the assessment centre? I did mine a week ago...no response yet??

What service line you applying for?
Have my Deloitte final interview on Wednesday for actuarial :smile:
Very lucky to have this because in November they filled up all the places and withdrew my application... however someone who got the offer dropped out
Original post by Supernovae
Very lucky to have this because in November they filled up all the places and withdrew my application... however someone who got the offer dropped out

Awesome, that's good news...best of luck! :smile:
Reply 323
Original post by Supernovae

Congratulations!

There are a couple of really good articles on The Gateway about Deloitte. Think you have to sign up and subscribe to read them, but think it is free. The address is http://thegatewayonline.com/~home in case you are interested?

Best of luck!
Reply 324
Hello,

Can anyone make a rough estimate on the salary of Direct Tax at E&Y.

Thank you
Hey guys, those of you that have a PwC Assurance summer internship offer, what start date were you given? Can you choose or change your start date?
Original post by Huslter
Hello,

Thank you

390 a week if you're in london
Original post by Huslter
Hello,

Thank you

its 28k when you join permanently....or for the internship around 24k pro rata
Anyone got an offer for an internship at Deloitte or KPMG Birmingham? :smile:
Is there anyone doing Deloitte (London) or KPMG (Manchester)?
Reply 330
Hi everyone

I know this is last year's thread but if anyone could help me out for a minute that would be brilliant. It's probably quite a stupid question, but I'm thoroughly confused. :tongue:

What exactly do you enter as your grade, grade status, year of study and date to/from? This is KPMG's form if it makes any difference.

Thought year of study should be 'second year' as the internships are for penultimate year students, but what about the rest? The dates of my second year? The grade I obtained in first year? I couldn't find anything on their website either.

Bildschirmfoto 2013-09-06 um 16.31.35.png

Original post by ohdrama
Hi everyone

I know this is last year's thread but if anyone could help me out for a minute that would be brilliant. It's probably quite a stupid question, but I'm thoroughly confused. :tongue:

What exactly do you enter as your grade, grade status, year of study and date to/from? This is KPMG's form if it makes any difference.

Thought year of study should be 'second year' as the internships are for penultimate year students, but what about the rest? The dates of my second year? The grade I obtained in first year? I couldn't find anything on their website either.

Bildschirmfoto 2013-09-06 um 16.31.35.png

If you think you'll get a 2.1, your grade - 2.1, grade status - 'predicted' . for year of study put the year you're entering into, and dates are the start date and end date of your degree. hope that helps
Reply 332
Not sure if this is the right place to be asking, but does anyone know if all the summer vacation scheme (internship) positions for Audit in London at Deloitte are full? I can't find it on the search feature but the graduate programme is available and so are summer internships for actuary and consulting. It just seems so early for it to be full already!
Reply 333
Hey guys!

Does anyone know how a gap year student aged 19 can get work experience or a (temporary) gap year placement in finance?

My A levels are average (BBC), hence why I am resisting modules, to what extent will this prohibit my chances with employers?

Yes, I've been searching and networking like crazy for it.

Just wanted some help from you gorgeous people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

I applied to pwc for summer 2014 intake, i received exceptional in my logical reasoning test and above average for the numerical test. After completing my tests, i received an email from pwc seeking further information about my academics, since i am not a uk graduate. what are the chances of me getting to next stage? Do i stand any chances at all?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 335
Has any1 had a bdo ac? What sort of feedback wss given om the presentation? ??

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 336
Original post by shallowdreams
Hello,

I applied to pwc for summer 2014 intake, i received exceptional in my logical reasoning test and above average for the numerical test. After completing my tests, i received an email from pwc seeking further information about my academics, since i am not a uk graduate. what are the chances of me getting to next stage? Do i stand any chances at all?

What are your academics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studos
What are your academics

Posted from TSR Mobile

The guy has not been online for more than two years and has made one post only. I doubt he will answer lol
Reply 338
Does PwC take in applications from candidates from no work rights in the UK for internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did business and accounting at university and unfortunately got a third due to lots of different personal circumstances extremely close to a 2:2.I wanted to know if i should start or complete the ACCA before applying for accounting jobs because i can’t get on any graduate schemes. I’ve found that the majority of jobs require experience and may be the reason i don’t get shortlisted or past the interview stage. Do you think there would be employers out there willing to hire me if I’ve started or completed the ACCA even though i don’t have experience of working in a similar or the same type of position?Is there anyway i could get experience using software like sage as this is one of the requirements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending