The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone,

I did my e-tray today. You get retested on the verbal and numerical tests. My verbal test was exactly the same as the online one I did before but my numerical test was completely different. I think there are a few sets of tests and its just luck whether you get the same ones or not, my friend got exactly the same maths test when she did hers.

[Specific details removed]

Good luck if you are about to do yours!

xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kyze
Do the fast stream have UCAS point requirements??? If so what are they because i havnt seen anything stated on the website?

They don't have UCAS requirements.
Reply 462
Original post by Tensa_Zangetsu
They don't have UCAS requirements.

No, but I think they did ask for what you got? Or maybe I am confusing it with another application.
Original post by Willowi
No, but I think they did ask for what you got? Or maybe I am confusing it with another application.

They did ask but I assume A or A* won't make too much of a difference seeing as I got CCD and I am through to the assessment centre!
Reply 464
They did ask but I assume A or A* won't make too much of a difference seeing as I got CCD and I am through to the assessment centre!

I'm pretty sure it doesn't make any difference. Surely if you have a degree your A-Levels become somewhat unimportant? At least I only have 1 and I got through to the e-Tray event.
Reply 465

Hi Tensa, you mean the e-Tray right? I thought the date for knowing you're through to the assessment centre or not is mid-Dec when they set the immediate pass/fail marks?
So I'm through to the FSAC. I'm on the analytical stream (Economist) had my EAC on tuesday and got the confirmation i'm through today :biggrin:
Reply 467
Original post by Croggle
Hi Tensa, you mean the e-Tray right? I thought the date for knowing you're through to the assessment centre or not is mid-Dec when they set the immediate pass/fail marks?

It depends which stream. If someone is on the Analytical Stream (as I think is the case here), then they are having their Assessment Centre a lot earlier than the other streams
Original post by Rat_Bag
It depends which stream. If someone is on the Analytical Stream (as I think is the case here), then they are having their Assessment Centre a lot earlier than the other streams

This is correct!
Reply 469
Can anybody tell me how long it generally takes for a successful/unsuccessful message after taking the online test? (This is for GFS)
Reply 470
Original post by SameOld
Can anybody tell me how long it generally takes for a successful/unsuccessful message after taking the online test? (This is for GFS)

Could be any time between now and mid-december. There is no average wait - it all depends on how you've done in the tests and whether you fall into to middle ground that isn't immediately successful or unsuccessful.
Reply 471
Original post by coolh5000
Could be any time between now and mid-december. There is no average wait - it all depends on how you've done in the tests and whether you fall into to middle ground that isn't immediately successful or unsuccessful.

Gah, thanks. Whizzed through the numerical test but I don't think I did so well on the verbal. I'll have to wait and see I suppose... !
Reply 472
Just got a message telling me I've passed the online selection tests for GFS! :smile:
In preparing your technical and "plain English" reports for the EAC, what kind of word limit did you give yourself, given you only have 30min to write it on the day?
Reply 474
I've just done the second set of practice tests and did SO badly on the numerical... :| but did OK on verbal (25/32). On the first set I got top 45% for both. How are the real ones compared to second set of numerical? Cause the first set of numerical was alright I thought (although I don't know where I was in the top 45%)

Thanksss
Reply 475
Original post by chrisb23
I've just done the second set of practice tests and did SO badly on the numerical... :| but did OK on verbal (25/32). On the first set I got top 45% for both. How are the real ones compared to second set of numerical? Cause the first set of numerical was alright I thought (although I don't know where I was in the top 45%)

Thanksss

The practice numerical test was (for me, although a few other people have said the same thing) much more difficult than the actual test.

Having said that, I found the verbal test quite a bit more difficult than the practice one!
Reply 476
Original post by SameOld
The practice numerical test was (for me, although a few other people have said the same thing) much more difficult than the actual test.

Having said that, I found the verbal test quite a bit more difficult than the practice one!

Thanks! Well I guess I'll have to just hope for the best.
Reply 477
Original post by petergambrill
In preparing your technical and "plain English" reports for the EAC, what kind of word limit did you give yourself, given you only have 30min to write it on the day?

It's been a while, but I think I put down about a side for mine. I know some people who wrote a small thesis, but it's not needed - put in as much as you need to, not as much as you can. Remember to make it concise!
Reply 478
for anyone who's done the e-tray, are they reusing the scenario set in an asian country recovering from a natural disaster again?
Reply 479
Currently filling out the full application form. Does anybody know at what point they would contact our referees? I'm assuming after the FSAC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending