The Student Room Group

The interview discussion & help thread

Scroll to see replies

I recieved an e-mail saying my interview date has now been changed to Wed 7th Dec due to the industrial action taking place on 30th Nov! Has anyone else been given this date or a different one?
Reply 61
The interviewer must have been going crazy haha

http://www.campusmoviefest.com/movies/11402-insane-interviews
Reply 62
Maybe bring in a piece of children's work, a photograph of children learning or something about children that inspires you to want to teach them.
Reply 63
Original post by Naive9910
Hi

I've got interview for primary PGCE very soon and basically one of the question that they would be asking me is why I want to become a primary school teacher? I can easily answer this question, however, on my application forms that I’ve received today, it says that in order to answer this question you must bring along a small item / artefact to illustrate your response to our first question. Am really confused, what am I suppose to take with me in order to answer the question.
Am really confused, please can someone help me out.

:confused::confused::mad::mad:
Thank you

Anything! Be adventurous. Maybe your favourite book when you were little, favourite toy, any keepsakes you've kept from when you were younger... etc!
Reply 64
Thank you guys, am thinking to take a fairytale story book and a maths game. :biggrin:
Just looking for tips really from anyone who's recently had a PCGE interview which involved doing a presentation.

I'm really paranoid that i have picked a topic that loads of people have chosen.

What kind of topics were popular? If you don't mind saying that is. :smile:
Original post by areyoubarrywangthough?
Just looking for tips really from anyone who's recently had a PCGE interview which involved doing a presentation.

I'm really paranoid that i have picked a topic that loads of people have chosen.

What kind of topics were popular? If you don't mind saying that is. :smile:

The training provider that I applied to gave me a "Why I like mathematics" presentation topic. So couldn't you do something on your chosen subject?
Reply 67
Mine was "an experience related to teaching and learning" so I told them about a lesson I gave as an assistant in Germany which went wrong, and why I thought it went wrong.
Hey guys!
I was invited to an interview at Aberystwyth for Secondary Drama on the 15th Dec via email and I got the email back on the 11th Nov. It said I would be contacted before the end of the month with the details. I have still heard nothing! I am going to try phoning tomorrow as I've read somewhere that not all of the staff are on strike so hopefully someone will be in to help me.

Anyone else applied to Aber? or Secondary Drama? I'm really getting worried now, I just really want to know the details so I can get planning. I need to make sure I am prepared for the interview and work out my travel arrangements as I am about 5/6 hours away in the car!

Ahhh the panic!!!
xx
I have all my information now for my interview on the 19th December at UWIC. I have a 30 minute group exercise, a 5 minute presentation on an education issue (which needs relevant literature and research studies included it, which I'm bit worried about finding :/ ) and then a 30 minute interview. I'm going to be looking up questions and writing some answers for them ansd hopefully I will cover enough to be able to adust my answers to a variety of questions. Fingers crossed!
Reply 70
Hello, has anyone got an interview at Derby Uni?
Reply 71
Original post by Hannahk16
I've had interviews at: (for primary education)
-mmu
-sheffield hallam
-chester
-liverpool jmu
if anyone wants to know anything about any of them interviews let me know and i'll tell you.

Hi :smile:

I have an interview in March 2012 for Primary Education degree at liverpool jmu, can you please give me any advice or tips for this interview as I am unsure of what to prepare and the types of questions they will ask?

Thank you
I need help with PGCE interview at Nottingham trent. They havent given me a title for my presentation but they want me to pick a current issue, what newspapers should i look at? They want me to take the article with me on the day too. I will have to discuss it afterwards too.

Also i will have to work in a group to create and present a presentation. And will have to take part in the writing task as well as a maths task. Then an 30min interview which includes the individual presentation.

Im quite nervous cos teaching is the only thing i ever wanted to do so any help would be appreciated!
Original post by lowe28
Hello, has anyone got an interview at Derby Uni?

I have one for next Tuesday, the 13th I think :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by flamingoshoes
I have one for next Tuesday, the 13th I think :smile:

ah thats good, i have one on the 15th! what degree are you doing or have done? :smile:
I have an interview on the 15th December at the Institute of Education for secondary English and Drama...I am doing a drama workshop, does anyone know what that is? Will I be doing drama tasks myself or should I prepare a drama lesson?
Have no idea what to prepare for!!!
Original post by lowe28
ah thats good, i have one on the 15th! what degree are you doing or have done? :smile:

I'm doing management and HR at the moment - not really the usual one that people do if they want to go into primary teaching I don't think! Hope I'm not at too much of a disadvantage :s-smilie:

What are you studying? :smile:
What are the educational issues pertaining to primary education ? :confused:
Original post by helen93

Original post by helen93
Hi :smile:

I have an interview in March 2012 for Primary Education degree at liverpool jmu, can you please give me any advice or tips for this interview as I am unsure of what to prepare and the types of questions they will ask?

Thank you

Hi Hellen93, are you reading anything on issues related to primary education? I'm really tensed with that part...please do reply me if you know what to read.
Reply 79
Anyone had an interview for Maths PGCE? If so where, and what did the day consist of?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending