The Student Room Group

Posh students racially abused me at my front door!

Well its 3am and I was sitting at home on the PC when I heard a bang at the door followed by a few other bangs. I looked through the little hole and saw students being dunk and leery. I opened the door and told them to **** off and shut the door. They then started hurling racist abuse at me saying things like terrorist and something about hating Muslims...Im Indian btw :rolleyes:

In the heat of the moment I wanted to go out with a wrench and beat them down however by the time I got changed they were gone. Coming to think of it that would ave been a risky move...possibly a career ending move. There nothing is could have done except ring the police. Anyway someone else did and now they are gone.

Seriously I know some crazy people that live here and if it was anyone else these students would have been written off. I would expect this from yobs but posh students!! **** me!! Seriously students please leave your racism at your boring little posh towns. There is no place for it in Manchester.

What do you think of this? What would you have done?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh no poor you

lol jk i dont care
Reply 2
You do sound a bit terroristy...

Wow, I just saw this thread again and seemingly by OP's Pos rep Muslims seem to think its ok to attack somebody with a wrench for Insulting there religion.

Talk about the religion of peace, what a surprise.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MancBoy
Well its 3am and I was sitting at home on the PC when I heard a bang at the door followed by a few other bangs. I looked through the little hole and saw students being dunk and leery. I opened the door and told them to **** off and shut the door. They then started hurling racist abuse at me saying things like terrorist and something about hating Muslims...Im Indian btw :rolleyes:

In the heat of the moment I wanted to go out with a wrench and beat them down however by the time I got changed they were gone. Coming to think of it that would ave been a risky move...possibly a career ending move. There nothing is could have done except ring the police. Anyway someone else did and now they are gone.

Seriously I know some crazy people that live here and if it was anyone else these students would have been written off. I would expect this from yobs but posh students!! **** me!! Seriously students please leave your racism at your boring little posh towns. There is no place for it in Manchester.

That you would even consider this is worrying. :s-smilie:

I've clearly been misunderstood, so I will put my reply to someone else here:
Original post by cambio wechsel
It's surely what anyone would consider if being racially abused by a group at his front door at 3 in the morning.
A wrench? The thought process of, "Coming to think of it that would ave [sic] been a risky move...possibly a career ending move" should have occurred far sooner than it did. Given their inebriation, any direct retaliation would either result in damage to the property or damage to the OP. I'm criticising the rapid loss of prescience and gravitation towards physical violence made in his state of anger, not the anger itself—for his well-being and safety, this lack of prescience is worrying.

A group of inebriated, hostile students vs. one person with a wrench could end very badly for both parties concerned depending on what happens; the reckless belief that he could casually go rushing in to 'beat them down' without any consideration of the alternative consequences or scenarios is concerning. They'll be looking for a fight after being told to '**** off' by a member of an ethnic group they dislike. I strongly doubt '[everyone] would consider' running blindly into a fight where they are outnumbered unnecessarily; if he loses control of that wrench he's in a very unfortunate circumstance, if he hits one of them that's GBH or possibly manslaughter/murder (depending on how the jury sees it—ephemeral, one-off verbal abuse escalating into unneeded physical violence would be seen as gratuitous by external parties). They are likely to circle him knowing that he cannot attack all of them simultaneously and will strike immediately after he attempts to attack any one individual.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MancBoy

its happened, its happens. **** them, move on.
Reply 5
You sound really ignorant. You don't need to be uneducated to be racist.
Original post by Infallible
You sound really ignorant. You don't need to be uneducated to be racist.

No, just ignorant and simple-minded.
A wrench?! Have you played Ratchet and Clank?
Reply 8
Original post by MancBoy
They then started hurling racist abuse at me saying things like terrorist and something about hating Muslims...Im Indian btw :rolleyes:

Indians can also be muslim... :wink:

Anyway, every uni has it's ****ty calibre students - posh or not. No matter how much they make your blood boil, don't waste your energy or time on them. They would only come back and escalate the whole thing further. It's just not worth it.
Original post by whyumadtho
No, just ignorant and simple-minded.

Be prepared to be called some sort of insult involving the word "liberal".
lol, calm down, worse things can happen to you up in Greater Manchester. The Indian fella got shot in the head around Christmas, just be thankful they were students. Oh, and don't just open your door to anyone...
Original post by MancBoy

disgusting but what do you expect living in Manchester its one of the most racist places ever
Original post by kopite493
disgusting but what do you expect living in Manchester its one of the most racist places ever

I'd say parts of Greater Manchester are, but areas around the city centre and the student areas aren't really racist. Typically most students are in Fallowfield, both for first years and subsequent unless you choose city accommodation, which in that case it'll be even more liberal. It's areas like Rochdale, Salford, Burnley, Oldham, Stockport etc.
Reply 13
Manchester is a **** hole, what'd you expect?
Reply 14
Judging by your sig you think your better than everyone anyway what do you expect?
Guys. People are harassing him at his front door and you are going on about how he wants to smack a few of them with a wrench. So would everyone in a position like this. Its easy to criticise, but until you have been in the same position, then don't talk trash please.
Original post by whyumadtho
That you would even consider this is worrying. :s-smilie:

It's surely what anyone would consider if being racially abused by a group at his front door at 3 in the morning.
Original post by ShredMaster
Guys. People are harassing him at his front door and you are going on about how he wants to smack a few of them with a wrench. So would everyone in a position like this. Its easy to criticise, but until you have been in the same position, then don't talk trash please.

Man but we posted that at the same time.
Lol'd that you're against prejudices but dislike 'posh people'.
Original post by cambio wechsel
Man but we posted that at the same time.

Hahaha sorry man xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending