The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
So I tried to talk to my mum about my weight/eating and she really didnt seem too concerned... I asked if she thought I looked too thin and she said no you look great. She said don't lose anymore and you could do with gaining some but you look fine. Getting so many mixed opinions from different people and its really confusing me :s

Anyway, I've eaten loads today already, god knows how many calories. I should probably be taking it slow but I want to get to a normal weight as soon as possible. I haven't weighed or logged a thing either.

I did go on the scales yesterday, and after a week eating loads I only gained 0.8 lbs. I thought it would have been more like 3 or 4 :/
Original post by Chrisateen
I've not been on the forum for a while so I'm a few days behind. Love the post as it sounds like a very similar story to me.

I also missed year 11 & 6th Form prom also. My mum's side of the family are overweight and I was told that I would always be big and got to the point after a failed diet that I was always gonna be big and that I will never be slim. However I wanted to lose the weigh so bad and could not give up and thefore last year got to the point that I was so fed up that I have to either do something about it or stop complaining and accept being fat. However I couldn't do the latter and decided to the former.

Before I was unable to buy jeans from any normal store at all as none of them fit and always wore skirts and buy clothes that other young girls my age are able to wear. Now I am constantly in topshop (a shop I never even dare to go to) and now currently wear between sizes 8-12.

I know that size 10 might seem impossible but you never know. Just keep going and to all those who think being overweight is a permanent thing nothing is permanent and if I can do it all of us can do it too

Thank you for this post, cheered me up :-). I never ever thought I'd even be a size 16 never mind anything else, but now that I'm a 14 I truly believe that it's possible!

--

Just so everyone knows, I'm starting again on Monday weight wise after all chocolates and cake etc are gone from my house! So this weekend is going to be seriously mad, but the sooner it's gone, the sooner I can get back to this!

Going to start swimming next week with my Mum hopefully, which will be nice and will obviously burn lots!

Would like to be a size 12 by Christmas, then I can wear a nice dress for once instead of hiding underneath baggy winter jumpers.
Original post by -jessica
So I tried to talk to my mum about my weight/eating and she really didnt seem too concerned... I asked if she thought I looked too thin and she said no you look great. She said don't lose anymore and you could do with gaining some but you look fine. Getting so many mixed opinions from different people and its really confusing me :s

Anyway, I've eaten loads today already, god knows how many calories. I should probably be taking it slow but I want to get to a normal weight as soon as possible. I haven't weighed or logged a thing either.

I did go on the scales yesterday, and after a week eating loads I only gained 0.8 lbs. I thought it would have been more like 3 or 4 :/

I understand what your trying to say. With me I have had a completley opposite opinion from people. Despite my BMI being around 23 people (including my mum) have made negative comments about my weight and thought I was getting too skinny. I have gotten comments such as I'm looking annorexic, ill, have I lost weight because I was ill, one person thought I lost weight because I had no money to eat at uni, one person said the reason why I was cold was because my bones are weak e.t.c and think that I have taken my weight loss too far even though I still have some stuborn fat left and want to lose a bit more and will still be in the healthy BMI range.

In your case I understand why a few people are a bit concerned due to your BMI however only you can decide what is your ideal weight as people's opinon can vary and if you keep listening to other people way too much you would always be losing or gaining weight. Even if you decide to gain a bit of weight I would just gain enough to get it back up to the healthy range and then stop
Okay, so tried to eat more calories today... Had a slightly bigger bowl of cereal, a little bit of ice cream at work, tried to deviate from the salad option for lunch but it was just too tasty, but smothered my accompanying bread with butter. Up to 600 cals before dinner where Bread and Butter pudding will be present :biggrin: om noms
Bit of a rubbish day today tbh :'(
To those of you interested, here is my day SO FAR
And to those of you also on MFP - add meeee! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hannydee
To those of you interested, here is my day.
And to those of you also on MFP - add meeee! :biggrin:

See you;re at like 900 calories net... I got badly negged for going under 1200 but for you it seems to be fine :/

I'm now at 1812 following dinner (with a dessert that I didn't need) and feel awful... I wish I'd stayed lower!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Muffinz

Original post by Muffinz
See you;re at like 900 calories net... I got badly negged for going under 1200 but for you it seems to be fine :/

The day isn't over yet. I am aware it is low, but I didn't say it was a good day! I'm sorry you got negged, I just got negged too - fancy that!
Reply 2268
Just tried one of Jillian Michaels' latest releases (don't know if it's out in the UK yet.. shh!) 'Ripped in 30' - week one. It was MUCH harder than the 30 Day Shred, but maybe that's because I'm not used to some of the exercises. Definitely feel like I've had a good workout!

I'm planning on trying 'Ripped in 30' soon. Have you tried Shaun T's Insanity workout?
The day isn't over yet. I am aware it is low, but I didn't say it was a good day! I'm sorry you got negged, I just got negged too - fancy that!

Me too! Funny.

I don't get why people neg and don't leave comments, it's just stupid O_o I thought this thread was for like advice and support and stuff.
Original post by Muffinz

Original post by Muffinz
Me too! Funny.

I don't get why people neg and don't leave comments, it's just stupid O_o I thought this thread was for like advice and support and stuff.

I think (hope) it's just random people, not anyone who regularly posts in here! Wherever possible I always try to +rep anyone who's been negged but more often than not it says 'Please rate some other members before rating this member again.' Sigh.
Original post by Spam666

Original post by Spam666
I'm planning on trying 'Ripped in 30' soon. Have you tried Shaun T's Insanity workout?

Goodness, no. I downloaded it and watched a clip and though 'Sod that' because honestly, just... how?!
Original post by Muffinz
Me too! Funny.

I'm sorry if you've experienced this, but most people who neg do actually explain themselves on here.
Anyone eating less than 1200 calories is eating far too less, and that's why they'll be negged, because we're trying to support a healthy lifestyle change, not unhealthy crash diets.

How has your day gone today? Do you feel you've improved your diet?
Reply 2273
Goodness, no. I downloaded it and watched a clip and though 'Sod that' because honestly, just... how?!

Haha I know! I've been running/swimming 4 times a week for months, and I've seen no difference in my body shape, even though I've been trying to get 'girl abs' for ages. But after only 2 weeks of that, it's actually started to happen! I know I sound like a right promoter for it :colonhash:but you should give it a go! Good luck with whatever you're aiming for anyway :smile:
Original post by Emaemmaemily
I'm sorry if you've experienced this, but most people who neg do actually explain themselves on here.
Anyone eating less than 1200 calories is eating far too less, and that's why they'll be negged, because we're trying to support a healthy lifestyle change, not unhealthy crash diets.

How has your day gone today? Do you feel you've improved your diet?

I did the same except dinner where I had spaghetti bolognaise and then a bread and butter pudding with double cream and a beer... the last two were unecessary... I just felt I've overeaten and I feel bloated and greedy and sick.
Original post by Muffinz
I did the same except dinner where I had spaghetti bolognaise and then a bread and butter pudding with double cream and a beer... the last two were unecessary... I just felt I've overeaten and I feel bloated and greedy and sick.

How many calories does that come to? If you take off the beer that could make a difference.

If you have only just eaten enough calories but feel bloated, it would be because you've eaten too much of it all at once. Spreading it out across the day always helps.
Original post by Emaemmaemily
How many calories does that come to? If you take off the beer that could make a difference.

If you have only just eaten enough calories but feel bloated, it would be because you've eaten too much of it all at once. Spreading it out across the day always helps.

It's 1812 in total (but could be less cuz my stepdad makes the spag bol out of 80% carrots...). My BMR is 1720 so I'll be going to do some exercise because I really really want to lose weight this time and I don't want it to pile back on :frown:

The beer was about 145 cals but I'd rather have not had the pudding and cream (400)... It was just so unecessary.
I predict a neg storm, but I just need to say this.
I'm actually really struggling to eat enough this week and I don't know why. I'm just not feeling the hunger - and I always listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry, don't get me wrong, so I kind of feel like if my body isn't asking for food, surely it doesn't want food? Who knows.
I have planned to have a protein shake before bed to get some extra calories and have logged it in my diary but I think I'm going to struggle to even get that down me without feeling sick :/ Might be because I've got a cold at the moment, but I don't know. Want my appetite back! My day was going so well, 400cals for breakfast, 400 for lunch, near enough 400 for dinner too. Maybe I just need to find more time for extra snacks in my day, or increase all my portions at meal times.
Any advice please?
I predict a neg storm, but I just need to say this.
I'm actually really struggling to eat enough this week and I don't know why. I'm just not feeling the hunger - and I always listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry, don't get me wrong, so I kind of feel like if my body isn't asking for food, surely it doesn't want food? Who knows.
I have planned to have a protein shake before bed to get some extra calories and have logged it in my diary but I think I'm going to struggle to even get that down me without feeling sick :/ Might be because I've got a cold at the moment, but I don't know. Want my appetite back! My day was going so well, 400cals for breakfast, 400 for lunch, near enough 400 for dinner too. Maybe I just need to find more time for extra snacks in my day, or increase all my portions at meal times.
Any advice please?

I was considering buying peanuts or something to eat - something high in fat that's savoury and easily scoffed, you know? But apparently having bread and butter pudding means I don't have to ><

Maybe you could do something like that, or add in a high calorie drink like orange juice or something.
Original post by Muffinz

Original post by Muffinz
I was considering buying peanuts or something to eat - something high in fat that's savoury and easily scoffed, you know? But apparently having bread and butter pudding means I don't have to &gt;&lt;

Maybe you could do something like that, or add in a high calorie drink like orange juice or something.

I like the orange juice idea, thanks! Or I guess I could just have two protein shakes a day on top of meals, but then is there such a thing as too much protein? Plus it's quite expensive, hmm... orange juice it is!