The Student Room Group

Unpopular Football Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Wigan have always been a positive addition to the English Premier League and I think it's unfair when people want them to get relegated just because their attendances are poor. If they finish 17th or higher, their place in the league is justified. I respect and admire the way the club has continued to punch above it's weight. I would not want them replaced for any bigger club like Leeds, West Ham, Forest, the Sheffield clubs, etc.
Reply 21
Original post by Stu Laverty
Wigan have always been a positive addition to the English Premier League and I think it's unfair when people want them to get relegated just because their attendances are poor. If they finish 17th or higher, their place in the league is justified. I respect and admire the way the club has continued to punch above it's weight. I would not want them replaced for any bigger club like Leeds, West Ham, Forest, the Sheffield clubs, etc.

I agree, whilst I hate their ground, their pitch, their away following and that **** with the drum, the team and Martinez have earnt my respect. The way they keep battling back at the death and finding a way to reach 17th means like you say, they have justified their place in league. Whilst there are bigger clubs around and I don't think they'd be particularly missed if they did go down, they definitely don't deserve to be relegated.
Original post by Dorito
Puskas. :sogood:

He always gets overlooked when people are discussing the best players of all time, for me, he is the best that has ever played the game.

Puskas was a GOD. :adore:

Goalies get overlooked quite a lot though - Yashin, Tomaszewski and Maier were all top, top quality.
Reply 23
Original post by Leelad
That Ray Wilkins doesn't say 'my word' enough

This. +REP
Reply 24
The nationality of the england manager means nothing.
messi wouldn't be half as rated without xavi and iniesta to supply him with balls all day.

dani alves is too attacking to be a full back

Gareth bale is in the top 5 best players in the league

nani is a very very poor mans christiano ronaldo

football manger 2012 is a terrible terrible unrealistic dog turd pile of a game

><

wayne rooney is not a midfielder contrary to alex fergusons beliefs

david beckham should never have left united

eden hazard is the best young player
Original post by Dbrown18
The nationality of the england manager means nothing.

I think it should be a rule though that managers can only manage their own nationality perhaps.
based on what i've seen in any threads regarding united games:
United never get any lucky decisions/get results they should not
when they lose/get a dodgy decision the ref was always biased
evra is not a ****
Original post by kingkongjaffa
I think it should be a rule though that managers can only manage their own nationality perhaps.

That makes it very elitist then, as it makes things much more difficult for the smaller countries.
Reply 29
Original post by kingkongjaffa
messi wouldn't be half as rated without xavi and iniesta to supply him with balls all day. Correct.

dani alves is too attacking to be a full back. Correct.

Gareth bale is in the top 5 best players in the league. On current form, Correct.

nani is a very very poor mans christiano ronaldo. Incorrect.

football manger 2012 is a terrible terrible unrealistic dog turd pile of a game. Meh.

><

wayne rooney is not a midfielder contrary to alex fergusons beliefs. Incorrect.

david beckham should never have left united. Correct.

eden hazard is the best young player. Incorrect.

^^
Reply 30
United do not get all the decisions.
Scholes was and still is england best midfielder.
Every time a player pulls someone from a corner a penalty should be given. If that means eight penalties a game, so be it.

Every time a player surrounds the ref, a yellow card should be given. It that means that every single player in El Clasico gets booked, so be it.

Because Wigan are such an exciting and enthralling team to watch play football...
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Because Wigan are such an exciting and enthralling team to watch play football...

Well, they are a pretty entertaining team to watch. Their games are usually pretty entertaining, but regardless, they deserve their spot in the league because they continually avoid relegation. Just because a team isn't fashionable doesn't mean they don't deserve to be in the league.
Reply 34
Maradonna's goal v England in 86 (not the hand one) was actually an own goal (cant remember who the england player that tackled him was though) but i reckon he slid it in, so not one of the best goals of all time as many suggest.
Messi is the greatest of all time, and Cristiano is second.
Reply 36
Original post by KingMessi

Original post by KingMessi
Every time a player pulls someone from a corner a penalty should be given. If that means eight penalties a game, so be it.

Every time a player surrounds the ref, a yellow card should be given. It that means that every single player in El Clasico gets booked, so be it.

I agree with this and peddle both of these comments about at least once a week :awesome:
Alan Hansen is a respectable pundit
Reply 38
It really doesn't matter who the England manager is, or whether some irrelevant player allegedly made a racist comment/whatever.
Well, they are a pretty entertaining team to watch. Their games are usually pretty entertaining, but regardless, they deserve their spot in the league because they continually avoid relegation. Just because a team isn't fashionable doesn't mean they don't deserve to be in the league.

Fashionable has nothing to do with it, its oftenly unfashionable teams who play better/interesting football. Entertaining? pfffft now that's a joke, every year they scrape away from the relegation zone and they have what 4 wins this season is it?. At least clubs who swing between Prem and Champ provide some form of entertainment. Then again each to his own opinion hence this thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest