The Student Room Group

If a hot girl dont accept you on facebook , does it mean she dont like you?

If they dont personally know you, but recognise your face.
Reply 1
It means she dont like your grammar.
Reply 2
well if it was an ugly girl then she dont like you....but cos its a "hot girl" shes probably jus playin hard to get..... dont give up man.....let us know how u get on.....
Reply 3
Bruv what makes you think they are playing hard to get..?
If they dont personally know you, but recognise your face.

No... it means they don't know you and are wondering why that random guy added them on facebook. Maybe if you liked her you should have spoken to her in real life first.

Also, work on your grammar.
Reply 5
I guess if they dont know you, they might just not accept. Moist them up a bit
Reply 6
Probably just means you don't know her personally...
Reply 7
Why do i have to know them personally for though? Isn't facebook a medium for getting to know people?
Why do i have to know them personally for though? Isn't facebook a medium for getting to know people?

Is it? Not sure about that. For me it's a medium to share things like photos with people I already know.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

It's more normal to talk to someone before adding them on facebook, whether that's in a real life conversation or somewhere else on facebook.
Reply 10
The same thing it means when an 'ugly' girl doesn't accept.

Not really. It's generally used for staying in touch with existing contacts and sharing/organising stuff with friends. Most people are put off when they encounter people trying to use it as a dating site.
Reply 12
But surely if the potential for them to like me was possible then they would accept me.. no..?
But surely if the potential for them to like me was possible then they would accept me.. no..?

Possibly. It depends on the kind of person they are. Even if the potential for a woman to find you attractive did exist, the chance of realising that potential through a facebook friend request isn't going to be too high.
Reply 14
I guess so :/
Reply 15
Original post by vt_k
The same thing it means when an 'ugly' girl doesn't accept.

What you mean?
Reply 16
What you mean?

Why does level of attractiveness matter when accepting, or declining a friend request?

Why so shallow?
For some it's a medium to get to know people, for some it's just for friends. I sometimes accept people from uni whom I don't know well, if I see they're from my school and we have several mutual friends. But it's different.
I usually don't send requests to someone unless I've spoken to them personally several times. I find it a bit awkward if you meet someone and you both know you or the other person added the other and was ignored..

OP, it probably means she either doesn't recognize or doesn't consider you a friend (yet).
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
Is it? Not sure about that. For me it's a medium to share things like photos with people I already know.

Original post by Aconcernedparent

OP, it probably means she either doesn't recognize or doesn't consider you a friend (yet).

I agree with this.
If she doesn't actually know you personally then she may not want to have you as a friend on facebook where she shares all her information etc.

It doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't like you though, she may. Just get to know her first.
Reply 19
Original post by vt_k
Why does level of attractiveness matter when accepting, or declining a friend request?

Why so shallow?

You'd be suprise how many people think like that.

Quick Reply

Latest