The Student Room Group

AQA C1/C2 June 2012, anyone else find very difficult?!

I was getting all A's in past papers, but I think I'll be lucky to get a C!

Verdicts? I reckon we'll see record low grade boundries lol.

EDIT: Crap, guess it's just me who flunked the C1 :'(
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Eh. Most people in my year found the test insanely hard.
This pretty much will mean lower grade boundaries. It's only the last 3 questions that actually were difficult.
Although it could be caught up by M1.
Reply 2
rediculous paper, did jan 12 ydai got 100% this one will be lucky to get 50 :'(((((((((((
kamikazee
Reply 3
yeah i re-sat this today and haven't had a chance to see how people thought it!

i found it quite difficult for a C1, considering they threw a 7 marker in there. i definitely got the 7 marker wrong as well, and left a 4 marker out too.

dissapointing paper, considering i have been getting 90% + in past ones.
Reply 4
Original post by itslaura7
yeah i re-sat this today and haven't had a chance to see how people thought it!

i found it quite difficult for a C1, considering they threw a 7 marker in there. i definitely got the 7 marker wrong as well, and left a 4 marker out too.

dissapointing paper, considering i have been getting 90% + in past ones.

Same!(Ish) Well I got an A in that paper, though I found it a lot harder then previous papers, but this one was just ridiculous. Ergh.
Reply 5
which was the 7 marker again?
Reply 6
Original post by Implo
Same!(Ish) Well I got an A in that paper, though I found it a lot harder then previous papers, but this one was just ridiculous. Ergh.

yeah i think i'm probably gonna get a C/B :frown:

just praying that s1 on friday is nice now!! AQA are waaaay overdue a nice maths paper.
Reply 7
the C2 paper was mad tho :frown:
c1 was fairly straightforward i think
Reply 8
Being a second year and resitting both Core 1 and 2 exams, I found Core 1 to be considerably easy. Core 2 was insanely hard, however. Up until today, the hardest Core 2 paper there had been was May 2011. As of today, the hardest Core 2 paper was May 2012. All I'm saying is that I feel sorry for people sitting Core 2 in 2013!
Reply 9
C2 was next level mind****. last 3 questions OML

C1 was good.

has anyone got the paper online by any chance? xD
Reply 10
the jan c2 this year was easy tho ... no ??
Reply 11
C2 was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even if there were to be low grade boundries i would still fail that anyway

i thought C1 was quite reasonable though
OMG C2 worst paper I HAVE EVER SEEN!

whats everyone else got for question9? that was the one that i really didnt get the most :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by itslaura7
yeah i think i'm probably gonna get a C/B :frown:

just praying that s1 on friday is nice now!! AQA are waaaay overdue a nice maths paper.

TBH the c2 january 2012 paper was piss easy, i guessed this c2 one was going to be hard
Reply 14
I thought C2 was pretty hard, definitely dropped about 10 marks from not knowing what to do! I thought C1 was ok though, easier than the Jan one when I did it the first time around :lol: Having said that, didn't get the question where it was show that the volume is whatever - no idea how it didn't have y's in!
Original post by Etoile
I thought C2 was pretty hard, definitely dropped about 10 marks from not knowing what to do! I thought C1 was ok though, easier than the Jan one when I did it the first time around :lol: Having said that, didn't get the question where it was show that the volume is whatever - no idea how it didn't have y's in!

same here! did not get that at all!

meh i thought i'd done alright in C1 but looking at people's answers ive made loads of mistakes :frown: not good when C2 was the worst paper i've ever done in my life... really really not looking forward to getting my grade for Maths.
need to ACE D1 next week to be even within a chance of a good grade. *sigh*
Reply 16
Original post by georgiaaaxo

same here! did not get that at all!

meh i thought i'd done alright in C1 but looking at people's answers ive made loads of mistakes :frown: not good when C2 was the worst paper i've ever done in my life... really really not looking forward to getting my grade for Maths.
need to ACE D1 next week to be even within a chance of a good grade. *sigh*

This was me resitting C1 as well :emo: C2 was pretty bad...hopefully D1 is kinder next week to make up for it! It's really annoying how the papers are so much harder than all the past papers have been, you don't feel prepared at all. There goes my chance at Cambridge...
Reply 17
it was pretty hard, hopefully the grade boundaries are lower but that's what i hoped for when i did c3 in January and they only dropped the grade boundaries by three marks. :frown:
Original post by Etoile
This was me resitting C1 as well :emo: C2 was pretty bad...hopefully D1 is kinder next week to make up for it! It's really annoying how the papers are so much harder than all the past papers have been, you don't feel prepared at all. There goes my chance at Cambridge...

aw :frown: yeah really hoping D1 is good to us! i guess i can retake but if it follows the pattern of recent years my retake will be even harder :/
i know, i did all the past papers available multiple times and nothing was as hard as today!
i just can't seem to move on from it either and am just sitting here wallowing in self pity :P
My mate Zain said this was well hard
bless him doe, he probs worked harder than u lot
hope all ur hardwork works off in august

Quick Reply

Latest