The Student Room Group

Higher Biology 2012 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LiveToSki
i am so nervous.

I keep forgetting the name of the neurotransmitters, and i got told they always come up.

What...? I've never seen in a past paper to name a neurotransmitter. Is that just like the nerve impulses in Negative Feedback >.>
Reply 61
In my prelim it asked the name of two neurotransmitters,

and i just couldn't remember and put axon as one..

i just have a feeling that because i don't know it it will come up
Reply 62
That's Higher Human Biology. We don't even talk about synapses in regular Biology.
Reply 63
Original post by TheFOMaster
What...? I've never seen in a past paper to name a neurotransmitter. Is that just like the nerve impulses in Negative Feedback >.>

That and the osmoreceptors (also negative feedback)
Original post by mimx
That's Higher Human Biology.

Oh Right :P Worried me for a second...
Reply 65
Oh Right :P Worried me for a second...

AND ME! ;p
Reply 66
aahhh.Sorry didn't read thread name. Haha, didn't mean to concern anyone !
Reply 67
I have a quick question, For question 5e (Section B) on the 2009 paper... I'm absolutley clueless :P I know that they get bigger, but I don't see from the graph why?

Could be wrong, but I think it is because they feed off of the mice & rats and they are a lot more abundant in the summer than in winter.
Therefore, there is a smaller territory in summer as there is more food per area. (no need for a big territory if there's plenty food in a small one)

? I'm not too sure if I even understand what I just said haha.. But hope it helps in some way
Original post by LLL17
Could be wrong, but I think it is because they feed off of the mice & rats and they are a lot more abundant in the summer than in winter.
Therefore, there is a smaller territory in summer as there is more food per area. (no need for a big territory if there's plenty food in a small one)

? I'm not too sure if I even understand what I just said haha.. But hope it helps in some way

Reply 69
Original post by mimx
That's Higher Human Biology. We don't even talk about synapses in regular Biology.

With what the SQA's been pulling lately I wouldn't be surprised if they did ask it haha!
Reply 70
Is it true an A is 65% this year?
Reply 71
Hi there,

I also have a small question to ask.
After having done a few past papers, I have come across a multiple choice question in two different exams which have different answers in the marking scheme.

It is question 29 in the 2002 Winter Diet and 30 in the 2005 paper

In 2002 it says that during succession - there is a rise in biomass,
there is a rise in food web complexity
but a fall in species diversity.

yet, in 2005 it says there is an increase in all of these.

which is correct? Please help
Reply 72
Original post by Brad22
Hi there,

I also have a small question to ask.
After having done a few past papers, I have come across a multiple choice question in two different exams which have different answers in the marking scheme.

It is question 29 in the 2002 Winter Diet and 30 in the 2005 paper

In 2002 it says that during succession - there is a rise in biomass,
there is a rise in food web complexity
but a fall in species diversity.

yet, in 2005 it says there is an increase in all of these.

which is correct? Please help

Latter is right; biomass, food web complexity, and diversity are all increased in successive communities.
The 2005 Answer is correct, there is a rise in all of them: increased biomass, species diversity and food web complexity
Original post by RFC1872

where did u hear that? if it is..im pretty scared :O
Reply 75
Original post by charlottedinkle
where did u hear that? if it is..im pretty scared :O

Scared of what? It'll be about 70% :tongue:
Original post by RFC1872

LIES!

It'll be 70% as it's been for a few years.
Good Luck Guys!

My revision between now and tomorrow will consist of about 5 hours of jsut reading notes. Thankfully my short term memory is terrific so it should come flooding back in the exam. I got 80% in our prelim so fingers crossed. :smile:
Reply 78
Good luck tomorrow guys :smile:! I'm sure you'll all do great.
Original post by JaggySnake95
Good Luck Guys!

My revision between now and tomorrow will consist of about 5 hours of jsut reading notes. Thankfully my short term memory is terrific so it should come flooding back in the exam. I got 80% in our prelim so fingers crossed. :smile:

stm..last 30 secons and its has a storage limit of 7 +/- 2 items ...js.....trolling...good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending