The Student Room Group

Higher Biology 2012 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mimx
Scared of what? It'll be about 70% :tongue:

yeah...last year it was 69% but thts not much difference...if they decided to make it 65%...means it will be hard ..but they dont decide boundry grades till after we have sat the paper so itll be fine :biggrin:
Original post by charlottedinkle
stm..last 30 secons and its has a storage limit of 7 +/- 2 items ...js.....trolling...good luck :biggrin:

My stm must be above average because for the 48 hours after I'm read my notes its almost as if I have the word documents as pictures in my brain. :P

You too. (I'm assuming you're doing it, unless you're just trolling those poor people who have exams.)
it shouldn't be any harder than last year, they aim to have the boundaries at 50% 60% 70% and it was at that last year, maths was just so difficult because the had to make it harder to try and get it down to the desired grade boundaries.
Original post by RFC1872
Is it true an A is 65% this year?

boundaries are decided by how well everyone did, even the SQA don't know that yet
Original post by deedee123
it shouldn't be any harder than last year, they aim to have the boundaries at 50% 60% 70% and it was at that last year, maths was just so difficult because the had to make it harder to try and get it down to the desired grade boundaries.

So you reckon they made the maths exam harder to make the boundaries in line with other subjects (50%, 60%, 70%)? I hope so, because I might get an A if it is 70% :biggrin:
Reply 85
SQA
OP
Help?? i know it's a stupid question but do we have to draw the graphs in pen or can we draw it in pencil? It says in the front cover paper that we have to answer it in ink but for diagrams..?
:puppyeyes:
Original post by SQA
Help?? i know it's a stupid question but do we have to draw the graphs in pen or can we draw it in pencil? It says in the front cover paper that we have to answer it in ink but for diagrams..?
:puppyeyes:

I do it in pen so I dunno. There's always spare graphs at the back I'm sure if you screw up.
Reply 87
Just draw it in pencil and go over it in pen when you think it's good. Pencil doesn't show up that well on its own against the grid they use, and it will only get fainter as the pages rub together on its way to be marked.
Reply 88
SQA
OP
Thanks so much guys!! :smile:

Goodluck!!
Reply 89
Good Luck to everyone siiting the exam this afternoon :smile:
:goodluck:
Reply 90
The int 2 one was really easy and i heard int 1 was really easy. So with any luck i presume higher might be ok!
Reply 91
Original post by CSM1996
The int 2 one was really easy and i heard int 1 was really easy. So with any luck i presume higher might be ok!

Hope so :colone:
Reply 92
Well that was underwhelming.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 93
SQA
OP
How did you guys find it??
I found it alright, not a surprise except the first question of the essay both topics were the ones that I hated about.
I did 1A and 2B :biggrin:
Reply 94
So what did we all think?
I thought multaple choice was okay, and knowledge was okay.. But problem solving was hard & the essays could have been better :/ .. Overall not too bad
Reply 95
It was ok ... Multiple choice was fairly standard think I got about 22/30^ ....Section B I found kinda hard - I know I got atleast 15 wrong allready .. essays went well and they were in an exam a few years ago .. i choose 1B and 2A
What do you guys think about the paper?
Reply 96
what was 1A about?
Reply 97
Will be good when somebody puts the solutions up!

I went for 1B and 2B. Definite 10 marks each, so that's good. I thought the rest was fairly challenging.
Reply 98
it was okay (: does anyone have the papers they could upload when they get the chance? thanks!
Reply 99
SQA
OP
Original post by OMGHIGHER
what was 1A about?

Speciation, Mutation and Natural Selection

Quick Reply

Latest