The Student Room Group

As Level ICT exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sahajkaur
I feel that exam had stuff in it I wasn't prepared, so questions were easy and also looking through markschemes they're always so subjective as for the same questions different markschemes from different years have different answers so how are you supposed to predict the examiner's mind but hey ho I did my best :smile:

Yeah, some of the stuff in the paper wasn't actually mentioned or taught to us. I'm not too happy with it all, and some of it appeared to not even be in the syllabus.
Original post by Ben_K
Yeah, some of the stuff in the paper wasn't actually mentioned or taught to us. I'm not too happy with it all, and some of it appeared to not even be in the syllabus.

I'm sure ti's on the syllabus but not in the book supposedly written by experienced examiners :frown:
Reply 62
I'm sure ti's on the syllabus but not in the book supposedly written by experienced examiners :frown:

Maybe, it's and the reason why I feel i'm around a C/B is in comparing it with past papers etc. I feel it is much harder therefore the grade boundary will move down. I mean the general consensus with people is they found it difficult.
Reply 63
The OCR exam was tough - really tough. Tailoring a spreadsheet just isn't in the book and there's no way you can get 6 marks of stuff on the plotter from the one sentence in the book. The ERD was a nightmare as well.

P.S most people who found it stupidly easy probably did badly. That's what my teacher says (a senior examiner for the OCR ICT course for the last 20 years)
Original post by Ben_K
Maybe, it's and the reason why I feel i'm around a C/B is in comparing it with past papers etc. I feel it is much harder therefore the grade boundary will move down. I mean the general consensus with people is they found it difficult.

Unlike people on here who are confident of their 100% -_-
Reply 65
Unlike people on here who are confident of their 100% -_-

No one got 100%, unless they wrote the paper of course :biggrin:.
Reply 66
Original post by Turtletron
The OCR exam was tough - really tough. Tailoring a spreadsheet just isn't in the book and there's no way you can get 6 marks of stuff on the plotter from the one sentence in the book. The ERD was a nightmare as well.

P.S most people who found it stupidly easy probably did badly. That's what my teacher says (a senior examiner for the OCR ICT course for the last 20 years)

I totally agree.
Reply 67
Even the first question was slightly weird!! What did everyone do for the ER diagram? Now I've come across 2 tough papers, weren't even notified there would be any changes!
Original post by Ben_K
No one got 100%, unless they wrote the paper of course :biggrin:.

Exactly! Even if you learn it the markschemes are so stupid! These people claiming to get 100% really put me off :frown: I need that A!!!

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who found it tough:frown: What did you write for the ERD by the way? WTF was that :frown: And I wrote buttoms and combo box for spreadsheet? I made up **** for the plotter omggggg xD
Reply 69
Oooh I've got news that will make you feel better.

Normally there are 8000 people doing the exam nationally. Today there were 12000 a (50% increase). This is due to a huge number of schools entering years 10 and 11 into the exam. Most of this lot will fail big-style and the grade boundaries and UMS will plummet. :wink:
Reply 70
Most of this lot will fail big-style and the grade boundaries and UMS will plummet. :wink:

I was one of those year 11s -.-"
Original post by James3110
Even the first question was slightly weird!! What did everyone do for the ER diagram? Now I've come across 2 tough papers, weren't even notified there would be any changes!

I know right! Haha the paper was generally weird so I highly doubt that someone found it totally easy! The ERD was so weird I drew three tables but didn't include any attributes (in hindsight should have) and linked the primary patient ID to the patient ID in visit table. In the x-ray table I put image , xray ID and linked in visit ID are the foreign key :s-smilie:??:confused:
Reply 72
Exactly! Even if you learn it the markschemes are so stupid! These people claiming to get 100% really put me off :frown: I need that A!!!

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who found it tough:frown: What did you write for the ERD by the way? WTF was that :frown: And I wrote buttoms and combo box for spreadsheet? I made up **** for the plotter omggggg xD

The ERD was mental. Was X-Ray even a separate table? Aaagh...

But I did patients one to many with visits. And then both of those tables one to many with for the X-ray table.

It's so frustrating though. I tutored my friend for this exam and none of the mainstream topics turned up. I hope she did OK....
Oooh I've got news that will make you feel better.

Normally there are 8000 people doing the exam nationally. Today there were 12000 a (50% increase). This is due to a huge number of schools entering years 10 and 11 into the exam. Most of this lot will fail big-style and the grade boundaries and UMS will plummet. :wink:

But that will be me!!! I did this early :frown:

Original post by anilkumar
I was one of those year 11s -.-"

same! but we're OCR
The ERD was mental. Was X-Ray even a separate table? Aaagh...

But I did patients one to many with visits. And then both of those tables one to many with for the X-ray table.

It's so frustrating though. I tutored my friend for this exam and none of the mainstream topics turned up. I hope she did OK....

I linked X ray to visits not patients damn it :frown:
Reply 75
I had Visits(one) - (one) Patients (one) - (many) x-rays :s gosh that was 5 marks aswell
Reply 76
Ok my comment about the 10's and 11' sitting it didn't go down as I expected. (sorry guys)

What I mean is that there are a lot of weaker students sitting this exam than usual. Therefore if you're not in that weaker group then you'll fly right through the grades.
Reply 77
Ok my comment about the 10's and 11' sitting it didn't go down as I expected. (sorry guys)

What I mean is that there are a lot of weaker students sitting this exam than usual. Therefore if you're not in that weaker group then you'll fly right through the grades.

No one took offence! (hopefully) :tongue:
I agree, a lot of inadequate people taking it, probably people who will be looking at less than 90%, so even If you did get about 92%ish I wouldn't worry about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by THEEIGTHWONDER
I agree, a lot of inadequate people taking it, probably people who will be looking at less than 90%, so even If you did get about 92%ish I wouldn't worry about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Dude....I am not aiming for 90%, what the actual **** how can anyone be aiming that high! that doesnt mean I'm not gonna get an A or im stupid or should be worried the grade boundaries are only at about 60% for an A so thats all that matters as I'm not taking it next year
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending