The Student Room Group

Dissertation Proposal Help (Rape)

Hi, Just looking for abit of advice.

I am thinking about doing my Dissertation on Rape and the boundaries of consent.

I really dont know where to start, does anyone know where i can find any good examples of proposals or tell me what i could include. Thank you.
Original post by Fergie21
Hi, Just looking for abit of advice.

I am thinking about doing my Dissertation on Rape and the boundaries of consent.

I really dont know where to start, does anyone know where i can find any good examples of proposals or tell me what i could include. Thank you.

Before coming up with a title/proposal I'd first do a hell of a lot of reading, work out what bits interest you and then what topics you want to write about. With my dissertation I came up with three proposals and the more I read about the topic, the more I changed them about.

Are you looking primarily at UK law? Or are you doing a comparison between UK and other countries? A good place to start is by looking at the legislation and the case law, and then looking at some articles.

Legislation: Sexual Offences Act 2003 section 1 and section 74.
Case-law: R v D, R v Malone, R v Bree, R v Jheeta, R v B, a very interesting/important case for you might be R v Olujboga.

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending