The Student Room Group

Optometry at Aston help... Doing A-levels, please?

Hi,

Please move this to the appropriate section as I know it's probably in the wrong one - sorry...

So, I have a few questions...

Firstly, what's the ruling like for doing your A-levels over 3 years if I was to apply to Aston?

Are Aston at all lenient on grades, say if I got 2 A*s and a B?

Thirdly, I don't think I've chosen the bestest of subejects: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and ICT.

I wasn't in the best of circumstances when I sat my January modules and got A's in Psychology and Biology, but an E in Chemistry. ICT is a BTEC so there are no exams. I'm really worried about Chemistry, I need to get into Aston but they want 3 A's but it's the closest Uni to home.

Oh and another question, say I did a course like Biomedical sciences, and got a First, can I then do a course in Optometry despite not having the A-level grades?

Please may someone reply.
Reply 1
Original post by 08ahmedm
Hi,

Please move this to the appropriate section as I know it's probably in the wrong one - sorry...

So, I have a few questions...

Firstly, what's the ruling like for doing your A-levels over 3 years if I was to apply to Aston?

Are Aston at all lenient on grades, say if I got 2 A*s and a B?

Thirdly, I don't think I've chosen the bestest of subejects: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and ICT.

I wasn't in the best of circumstances when I sat my January modules and got A's in Psychology and Biology, but an E in Chemistry. ICT is a BTEC so there are no exams. I'm really worried about Chemistry, I need to get into Aston but they want 3 A's but it's the closest Uni to home.

Oh and another question, say I did a course like Biomedical sciences, and got a First, can I then do a course in Optometry despite not having the A-level grades?

Please may someone reply.

hi im currently acheiving my AS levels, and really want to do optometry at aston as it is also closest to home, but was wondering routes into optometry at aston as i dont think ill get the grades needed to get onto the course. i was wondering if you ever found out about doing a course like biomedical science and then either defer into optometry or acheive it to a first and then do optometry at aston.

Quick Reply

Latest