The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Laura Trott (:love:) won the elimination round of the Omnium. Tied for 1st overall.
Reply 4001
Original post by Roobsa
Laura Trott (:love:) won the elimination round of the Omnium. Tied for 1st overall.

Ah I love Laura Trott too :tongue: Was rooting for her to win the Omnium at the World Cup.
Original post by Roobsa
Robert Foerstermann has outrageously big thighs.

They were commented upon a few weeks or months ago when cycling was being shown on, IIRC, bbc or bbc red button.

His thighs are insanely big. Still, I think Hoy remains the track daddy.

One fella today crashed out and ended up with a splinter through his leg. Awful. There's a video of it on the bbc sport website.
Reply 4003
Original post by white_haired_wizard
They were commented upon a few weeks or months ago when cycling was being shown on, IIRC, bbc or bbc red button.

His thighs are insanely big. Still, I think Hoy remains the track daddy.

One fella today crashed out and ended up with a splinter through his leg. Awful. There's a video of it on the bbc sport website.

Feorstermann's thighs are a fair bit bigger than Hoys from what I saw on Eurosport earlier but yeah, Hoy is still that little bit better.

On another note, who's excited for this?

Original post by Roobsa
Feorstermann's thighs are a fair bit bigger than Hoys from what I saw on Eurosport earlier but yeah, Hoy is still that little bit better.

On another note, who's excited for this?

What is that? Recipe for a really sore arse, sore everything really.

Mind you, looks really picturesque and a pretty cool scenic place to go riding.
Reply 4005
or you could buy a brand new road bike, probably around that price tag or around the £300 mark...

Well yes, that did cross my mind, but I didn't think I could get anything that was very good for that price? Please do correct me, it would be a nice surprise!
Original post by etcetc
Well yes, that did cross my mind, but I didn't think I could get anything that was very good for that price? Please do correct me, it would be a nice surprise!

My first ever, and current, road bike, cost me £275-ish at the time, although I believe that particular model or current version of the same bike/brand, is now £299 in store.

I've been very happy with this bike and it's never let me down. I bought it from Decathlon. You're best getting the opinions of others on here also. There are obviously numerous other good cycling stores, some selling stuff more expensive than others, of higher quality...

Depends what you're looking for and whether you're an advanced cyclist etcetc.
Just to add, if you are a newbie to road cycling or having a road bike, it can be pretty handy buying from a shop/store that has good customer service/repair department/area. Where you can ask for advice, and if you're buying stuff from there, they can show you how things work etc, often for free from my own personal experience. This is the beauty, from what I've found, of many a local independent bike shops - the customer service can be excellent and often unrivalled...
Reply 4008
What is that? Recipe for a really sore arse, sore everything really.

Mind you, looks really picturesque and a pretty cool scenic place to go riding.

It's the Paris-Roubaix that's on this Sunday.
Reply 4009
Original post by Roobsa
It's the Paris-Roubaix that's on this Sunday.

Boonen looks sure fire to win :/ If only the "30% chance of rain" actually happens and somehow a breakaway with Hincapie manages to stay away and big George gets his elusive win.
Reply 4010
Original post by 48 white_haired_wizard

I can't seem to find the video, but let's just hope it isn't as bad as this! :eek:

[video="youtube;rltqF-HT9iU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rltqF-HT9iU[/video]
Reply 4011
Original post by v2p
I can't seem to find the video, but let's just hope it isn't as bad as this! :eek:

Speaking of crashes, this is still the greatest save I've ever seen.

Original post by Roobsa
Robert Foerstermann has outrageously big thighs.

The mans insane and his mate Rene Enders is scary.... wouldn't wanna meet him on the track haha.
Reply 4013
Original post by Irishguy2K10
The mans insane and his mate Rene Enders is scary.... wouldn't wanna meet him on the track haha.

Enders, Foerstermann, Nimke.
Original post by Roobsa

Enders, Foerstermann, Nimke.

Jesus christ, thats shocking. From watching the track racing I thought Enders was the biggest.
In all honesty, If I had to choose the legs I would prefer on my own body, it would be Enders from that pic, I wouldn't want all that muscle.
Reply 4015
Cameron Meyer is unreal. The effort he put in in the points race to get gold was absolutely immense.
Reply 4016
Laura Trott won the Omnium. :smile:
Reply 4017
3 British riders in the same heat in the Kierin. Bit unfair!

Saying that, Hoy and Kenny through! \o/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4018
If you do anything today watch the Kierin final. Chris Hoy does the most insane dive to the inside on the final bend.
Reply 4019
Would love to see Chavanel play a hand today. It's going to be so boring if Tom just sprints to the line. Also where is the rain :mad:

Latest