The Student Room Group

Setting up a market stall?

A couple of weeks ago me and my sister had the idea to maybe set up a market stall or something to combine both our hobbies; card-making, jewellery and photography. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of setting up a stall and how to go about it? And also if these three ideas together would work, and how we could go about marketing them? I know it's probably easier to sell cards and jewellery to anyone walking past, so any ideas of what form could I look at selling my photographs in? As it is this is just a mere idea at the moment, but I want to ask on here to get some ideas of where to start! :smile:
Not a popular idea then? :P
Reply 2
Market stalls are great to run. You can get a stall for a day at Camden Lock for £25 week days and £45 weekends which would be perfect for the items you are going to sell.

All you do is turn up as a 'casual' at 9.30 and wait by the stairs by the bridge.

I know most markets across London so if you need a hand just ask.
Original post by ClassQuick
Market stalls are great to run. You can get a stall for a day at Camden Lock for £25 week days and £45 weekends which would be perfect for the items you are going to sell.

All you do is turn up as a 'casual' at 9.30 and wait by the stairs by the bridge.

I know most markets across London so if you need a hand just ask.

That would be quite good actually! I'm in Portsmouth so wouldn't be able to do it every day, but a one-off every now and then to get a feel for it would be a good start over the summer, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending