The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

I was genuinely worried I wouldn't make my A*AA offer for history, I was literally begging them in the mitigating circumstances form. I needn't have worried, I got the grades and they confirmed me 3 days ago XD
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by LPauling
Near misses are not guaranteed their college but they try to allocate them their original college

Is it worth ringing University College direct to ask ?
Good luck to everyone applying to (and hopefully going to!) Durham - I graduated in 2008 and still hold Grey College very close to my heart (the other colleges are great but I'll always be a member of the Grey Army!)

And just think - if you work hard enough at Durham you might end up working at TSR like me...:tongue:
Original post by Tabath
Is it worth ringing University College direct to ask ?

I would say no just wait to find out. They may not even know yet it depends how many people missed their application grades
Reply 2324
Original post by JamieOH
Yeah what is going on with Durham? They haven't confirmed or declined me yet.

This means that they are still considering you. I am guessing that you came close to, but didn't exactly meet your offer? Durham don't consider grades equivalent
eg. A*, A, B does NOT equal A,A,A at Durham.
If this is the case, they are still considering you, so it isn't a rejection yet.
They have stated that this year they will try and make decisions on 'near misses' by next Wed at 8pm, so you may be in for a wait and a decision yourself about
whether you want to wait and potentially miss out on accommodation at your insurance or clearing options.
There is more information on the university website about this whole policy/process.
www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/applicants/offerholders/lowergrades/

There is also a link here to a form for release request if you don't want to wait.
Good luck!
Just to add, Durham are updating track all the time....hope you get a decision soon.
(edited 7 years ago)
Got AAAA and so missed my A*AA offer :frown:

Was 1 raw mark off A* in English lit so fingers crossed with the remark :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsConnor_
Got AAAA and so missed my A*AA offer :frown:

Was 1 raw mark off A* in English lit so fingers crossed with the remark :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keep us updated
Once you have an offer firmed on UCAS track is that it or do you need to do anything else? I've read something about needing to fill out some form AS12?
Original post by Tabath
Once you have an offer firmed on UCAS track is that it or do you need to do anything else? I've read something about needing to fill out some form AS12?

If you read the letter attached to the UCAS track offer theres a link to the form you need to fill in
Original post by ughexams
If you read the letter attached to the UCAS track offer theres a link to the form you need to fill in

How long do you have to fill in the Reply to AS12B offer form?

I found a post saying it is 14 days on thestudentroom but can't find anything "official " on the UCAS site

Also will you not get a College place allocated until this form is filed out?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tabath
How long do you have to fill in the Reply to AS12B offer form?

I found a post saying it is 14 days on thestudentroom but can't find anything "official " on the UCAS site

Also will you not get a College place allocated until this form is filed out?

Last year it was 5 days
Original post by LPauling
Keep us updated

Got a successful remark today so have met my A*AA offer (got A*AAA) but have now only been offered a place for 2017 entry as there are 'no places'. I'm on the waiting list for 2016 but who would pull out of Durham!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my "Choosing a College" video on YouTube. Feel free to check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sia3IdkFHgU

I'm a third year Castle student, so feel free to explore around my youtube channel and ask me any questions about durham on any of the videos in the life at castle or the intro to durham playlists.
Original post by itsConnor_
Got a successful remark today so have met my A*AA offer (got A*AAA) but have now only been offered a place for 2017 entry as there are 'no places'. I'm on the waiting list for 2016 but who would pull out of Durham!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed :smile:
Has anyone applied for Liberal Arts? :smile:
Original post by Puresha
oh gosh, about the same :':wink: i absolutely HATE chemistry tho

A*A*AAAAABCC. ://
AS AABC
A Level predicted:
French: A
English Literature: A*
Sociology: A*

Idk if I have much of a chance but I'm supposedly "gifted" at English.
hello all! I've been a student at Durham for a week now, I'm in St Cuth's doing combined honours in social science. If anyone would like to talk to someone from the uni about application or what it's like, feel free to drop me a line :smile:

good luck to you all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending