Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 101
This thread's a little dead.

How's this term going for everyone then :h:
It's going good. Drinking and stuff innit. :ahee:

My attendance however... So far I've been to one International Relations lecture in this term.
Reply 103
Original post by RabbitCFH
It's going good. Drinking and stuff innit. :ahee:

My attendance however... So far I've been to one International Relations lecture in this term.

Essay's due in on the 17th :fuhrer:
Original post by cambo211
Essay's due in on the 17th :fuhrer:

Suckerrrrrrrrrr!
Haha. :smile:

My attendance is the lowest it has ever been. I've only missed lectures though - not seminars - and my friend and I have an arrangement regarding notes. In essence, at least one of us will be at every lecture and we pass our notes onto the other. :smile:
Me and my friend have an agreement too - we either go to the lectures together or skip them together.
So nearly fell asleep in my maths lecture today, really need to start going to bed earlier :frown:

And economics essays coming up. Anyone's thoughts on those? I did well on my first two tests so this one doesn't have to go brilliantly, but I still want to do alright for my own pride.

Also lab project coming up. I don't know anything :-/

There, enough chat for one day
Whilst I'm here, anyone know the rules on downloading torrents and stuff? Is it frowned upon or is it traceable and a possible bannable offence? Anyone tried it?
Reply 109
Forgot about the econ100 essays :facepalm:

I only need to pass these next 2 to gain exemption from the final exam :jive:
Original post by Sheepmaster317
Whilst I'm here, anyone know the rules on downloading torrents and stuff? Is it frowned upon or is it traceable and a possible bannable offence? Anyone tried it?

Don't, torrent packages are one of the few they watch for going through to save them time later.
For the most part they ignore it until they get an order telling them to deal with it from the publishers or whoever. It's common practice to track the IP lists for ones that belong to unis and stuff since they don't have to do anything themselves much more than tell the unis to put a stop to it.
It's usually just a slap on the wrist and off on your way the first time, but they have been really arsey about it before.

As for falling asleep in maths lectures, you wouldn't be the first, lost track of the number of times I heard people snoring last year in the morning ones. Seems to've stopped in 3rd year ones oddly though.

My friend got caught for torrenting a few months ago. He had to pay a £25 fine, and the guy told him it was very unlikely he'd get fined again. So he kept torrenting and got caught again, and had to pay 50 quid. And again, this time £75.
Alright, I won't do it. Wasn't really planning, I was just curious :wink:

And yeah Cambo, were you not in today's lecture? That's all it was about :tongue:
Reply 113
Alright, I won't do it. Wasn't really planning, I was just curious :wink:

And yeah Cambo, were you not in today's lecture? That's all it was about :tongue:

I may have been absent :ninja:
Reply 114
We really need a sticky for discussions on what college to join.

At the moment they just dominate this forum at this time of year.
It's obvious it's Cartmel.
Reply 116
Original post by cambo211
We really need a sticky for discussions on what college to join.

At the moment they just dominate this forum at this time of year.

yea i agree. although there are a few. people still continue to make their own. we need a sticky, then move all new threads made. into that one.

Original post by RabbitCFH
It's obvious it's Cartmel.

+ rep XD
OK, sticky this:

Cartmel = Amazing
Other colleges = Filler colleges

Done.
Reply 118
Furness dudes, everywhere else is nowhere.

(That said, there's a bit of a Cartmel/Furness bias here really, isn't there...)
Original post by `Chris
Furness dudes, everywhere else is nowhere.

(That said, there's a bit of a Cartmel/Furness bias here really, isn't there...)

So true. Haha. :biggrin:

Quick Reply