The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Oh cool! How come you're getting the results now if you're Australian (judging by your flag)? And did you do anything special psychology related to put on your personal statement (I know it's a dumb question)?
University College London, University of London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Kyle Butler
Oh cool! How come you're getting the results now if you're Australian (judging by your flag)? And did you do anything special psychology related to put on your personal statement (I know it's a dumb question)?

Home country, live in the UK at the moment!

Well I had some work experience in a psych hospital and mentioned some psych books, a recent journal article I read and my favourite parts of psych which I related to some university lectures I'd listened to :smile:
Reply 42
Hi! I'm looking to apply for the 2012 and I'm thinking about studying Law or International Relations. I'm a IB Diploma Student (HL: English, Theatre, French SL: Math, Biology, Business & Management). Does anyone know what would be a relatively safe range of IB scores to shoot for?
Reply 43
Ideally i'd love to put UCL as in insurance, but for maths they ask for higher grades than Cambridge/Oxford, and im not sure if UCL really warrant A*A*A :frown:
Original post by Jampolo
Ideally i'd love to put UCL as in insurance, but for maths they ask for higher grades than Cambridge/Oxford, and im not sure if UCL really warrant A*A*A :frown:

Blimey that's high!! :O prob best to go for Oxbridge instead then, although UCL is great for most subjects, you can't really beat Oxbridge on reputation with potential employers (or so I think anyway:tongue:) and if the grade boundaries are lower (A*AA) then it's worth it!
Reply 45
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
Blimey that's high!! :O prob best to go for Oxbridge instead then, although UCL is great for most subjects, you can't really beat Oxbridge on reputation with potential employers (or so I think anyway:tongue:) and if the grade boundaries are lower (A*AA) then it's worth it!

Prospectus for UCL says A*AA with GCSE in a MFL, website says A*A*A with an A in GCSE MFL. I dont know which one to go by :frown: hopefully prospectus :tongue:
Reply 46
Original post by Jampolo
Prospectus for UCL says A*AA with GCSE in a MFL, website says A*A*A with an A in GCSE MFL. I dont know which one to go by :frown: hopefully prospectus :tongue:

Email them!

Last year for RHUL they had the website wrong (ABB not AAB grrr)
Reply 47
Original post by Noodlzzz
Email them!

Last year for RHUL they had the website wrong (ABB not AAB grrr)

Oh yeah, will do :smile: A*A*A seems high :frown:
Original post by Jampolo

Yes as said above, definitely email them! Or ask at the open day :smile:
Yay :smile: I'm not very good with this forum, I don't know what I'm doing haaa. How do I start a thread!?
I want to apply for English Language and Literature. It's madly oversubscribed :P Something like 75 places for 1500 applicants.
My GCSEs: A*A*A*AAAAAABB (the bs are in non-relevant subjects).
AS results are likely to be:
English lit: A
Drama:A
R.S:A
General Studies:A
Spanish:B (But maybe that exam didn't go as badly as I though!? Fingers crossed!)

I'm planning to keep them all on next year, because I think they're all pretty relevant to my course.
My predictions, grades permitting:
Drama: A*
R.S: A*
English: A or A*
Spanish: B/A
General: No idea...?

Was planning to apply for Oxford... my teachers still think I'm going to, however I've decided against it because my GCSEs aren't that great, and I've majorly messed up Spanish so wont even get all As at AS level to compensate :frown:

What do you guys think? English is so hard to get into dammit!
Original post by AlexusWelsh1993
Yay :smile: I'm not very good with this forum, I don't know what I'm doing haaa. How do I start a thread!?
I want to apply for English Language and Literature. It's madly oversubscribed :P Something like 75 places for 1500 applicants.
Spanish:B (But maybe that exam didn't go as badly as I though!? Fingers crossed!)

I'm planning to keep them all on next year, because I think they're all pretty relevant to my course.

Was planning to apply for Oxford... my teachers still think I'm going to, however I've decided against it because my GCSEs aren't that great, and I've majorly messed up Spanish so wont even get all As at AS level to compensate :frown:

You should apply for Oxford nevertheless ^^ It's worth a shot, especially if your teachers think so.

I'm applying to UCL for psychology as an international student. :smile:
Reply 51
Hi! I'm applying for Economics with Geography as an International Student.:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Stormyweather

I'm an irish applicant but I'm hoping to be predicted 5A1s and 1B2 as well as one A1 in pass maths but hopefully they'll overlook that!

Hey im an irish too:tongue:
was considering applying for law over in england and med in ireland as i would love to do both but dont know which one i would prefer :rolleyes: also iv only done sciencey work exp so that might put me at a disadvantage! haha im so indecisive! but do you know wat grades in lc equivalents they want?!
Original post by dreamgirl...
Hey im an irish too:tongue:
was considering applying for law over in england and med in ireland as i would love to do both but dont know which one i would prefer :rolleyes: also iv only done sciencey work exp so that might put me at a disadvantage! haha im so indecisive! but do you know wat grades in lc equivalents they want?!

I think it says on the course page. Check 'admissions requirements' or something along those lines.

There's nothing for the equivalent on the course website for my qualifications though... I had to personally ask someone from UCL to find out what the average accepted grade was. :P

ETA: This thread is so slow and small! How come no one is posting here? :frown:
Reply 54
Hey, ignorant American here. Love UCL and would love to attend, but the website is confusing. Can someone point me in the right direction? Like the email for the admissions office(s?) and actual deadline dates?
Original post by shaybo8
Hey, ignorant American here. Love UCL and would love to attend, but the website is confusing. Can someone point me in the right direction? Like the email for the admissions office(s?) and actual deadline dates?

The admissions tutors are catered to specific subject areas usually. But here are the general ones:

Study Information Centre
Chadwick Building
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT Web: Enquiry Form
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44(0)20 7679 3000
Fax: +44(0)20 7679 3001

Student Residences Office
117 Gower Street
London
WC1E 6AP Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 6322
Fax: 020 7383 0407
Email: [email protected]

Outreach
Room 22, First Floor, South Wing
Gower Street
London
WC1E 6BT Email: [email protected]
Tel: 020 7679 7003

International Office
Room 21, First Floor, South Wing
Gower Street
London
WC1E 6BT Email: [email protected]
Tel: 020 7679 7765
Fax: 020 7679 3001

UCL Switchboard
Tel: 020 7679 2000

Dates are also the same across the board... so unless you're applying to Oxbridge/med school... UCAS applications are open already (ucas.com), deadline for UK applicants is January, international usually the unis will accept to about June. Anything more specific you needed?

I'm also an international student. If you have any more questions feel free to ask as I said. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dreamgirl...
wat grades in lc equivalents they want?!

Erm if you go to grade requirements on their page you can find a link to international requirements. Ireland is there along with five As. Although of course if you get six or seven, or even five A1s then thats even better etc. I think thats what is was last time I checked, but make sure you check yourself because I know Cambridge's requirements for Irish applicants went up a few months ago.
Original post by AlexusWelsh1993

Still apply to Oxford! It's enthusiasm for the subject which they look for, external reading, etc. Any activity which you do in your own time which relates to the subject. UCL is amazing too though :biggrin:

Original post by shaybo8

This amuses me, mainly because I find all the American University websites confusing! Haha:smile: Maybe take a look here:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/international-students

(although you probably have already done so). What subject are you looking at? Then I can direct you to a better web page.

Also, would just like to say, I went to UCL for the first time on Thursday (funny, because I actually live in London) - AND IT'S AMAZING.
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
Also, would just like to say, I went to UCL for the first time on Thursday (funny, because I actually live in London) - AND IT'S AMAZING.

How amazing is it? :wink:
Original post by punctuation
How amazing is it? :wink:

Pretty darn amazing! I went for a Civil Engineering Masterclass, it was so interesting! And they're Engineering department is really top-notch. Would love to go there :biggrin:

What are you thinking of applying for? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending