The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aemiliana
It's exactly the same as in Bristol IMO. So some waterproof shoes and coat won't go amiss during the autumn/winter rain.

Ah its not too bad then.. :biggrin:

Thanks.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Which supermarket is closest to Burkhardt House? And how far is it (minutes of walk/distance). Thanks.
Original post by the_neg_master_

Which supermarket is closest to Burkhardt House? And how far is it (minutes of walk/distance). Thanks.

They'll probably give you a map on your arrival day, I know Whitworth did.

EDIT: Just looked it up and it's on one of my running routes. There's a Tesco Express and a Lidl really close by. For really cheap food though, Asda is the best shot and is in Moss Side on Princess Road in between McDonald's and Argos in one of those big complexes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Looks like I'll be in sheavyn flat H next year
Hellooo, I've applied for Woolton Hall but couldn't make the Open House day... anyone else applying/any current students want to offer some advice? :smile:
Reply 1525
Original post by triloko
Don't generalise. I see where you're coming from, I'm an international student and I agree with that attitude all the way.

BUT!

I know a few people who are applying to the same universities as me, and they said they wanna stay as far away from the parties as possible. They literally said they just want to get through college getting the best grades they can and then just go back to their home country. Some people actually like the international experience, others just do it for the "prestige" back home. (a pity, but I guess everyone's got their reasons and they're valid as long as they don't interfere with you)

Ok, we shall not comment about that because it is everyone's choice how he or she wants to spend his university years. all i want english students to know is that altough we are international students, we're exactly just like them, we listen the same music, watching the same movies (to a certain degree, of course), we like to party and act like crazy animals as much as they do. fronteers doesn't matter, really :smile: i'm sorry for those who don't manage to fit the english environment, i think and hope it won't be my case because i'm a pretty sociable person :smile:

oh, another thing: i really hate when someone is regarded as a stranger just because the notoriey of his home country (my case here, otherwise i wouldn't have brought this to discussion!). if i do something stupid, you have all the reasons to stay away from me and hate me, but please don't generalize and assume that i am as evil/dangerous/criminal as all the bad people from my country who do things that scare the whole continent.

The only answer i can give in such situations is that if i chose to go and study and live in another country, that proves how much love i have for my country and how much am i helped by it. for those who understood the irony...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by the_down10
Looks like I'll be in sheavyn flat H next year

you don't sound too happy about that
Original post by chanchan
you don't sound too happy about that

No, I am genuinely pleased I got it since it was my first choice :smile:
Original post by the_down10
No, I am genuinely pleased I got it since it was my first choice :smile:

oh lool
im in shavyn too flat X
what did you think of sheavyn wen u had a look round?
Original post by FreakyStyley
No. 50 bus.

The main lecture theatres for the BEconSc course are in University Place, how far this is depends where you're walking from, however depending which modules you take you will be going to others. The degree is called that because it is a reasonably mathematical degree, you have to take Advanced Mathematics and Advanced Stats in the first year as well as some other core modules and in second Year similar with Econometrics and Mathematical Economics. Other BaEcon courses do not require this level of mathematics. If you want any other advice feel free to ask

Right I am having second thoughts now of taking BEconSc.. I do love Maths but I dont get A*s all the time, and the fact that BEconSc is really mathematical then this could affect my chance of getting a first, let alone a 2i. So I have two questions, what did you get on your A level Maths - C1-C4 and S1/S2 units? How hard are/were the Maths question for BEconSc?

Not only am I finding the Maths question quite daunting, but also I just realised that BEconSc won't have a lot of Finance units in it (correct me if I am wrong). I am hoping to get into Investment Banking/Consultancy and I think you don't need a really depth knowledge of Mathematics. BEconSc I think is geared more towards those who want to get into Bank of England, IMF, World Bank, correct? I do want to go to World Bank (but later on my career)- but I want to earn money straight after Uni to pay the loan. Yes - driven by money , I am. :/ Thoughts (and anyone)?

Thank you.
where do most international students stay?

Whitworth Park has LOTS of the internationals. It tends to be like this every year.
Reply 1531
Just got allocated to Richmond :smile:
Reply 1532
to anyone who has been in oak house before, is there much of a difference between Beech, Sycamore, Maple, Chestnut and Holly? besides chestnut being the only one with basins. I mean, are rooms bigger/smaller, common areas bigger/smaller and so on?
Original post by Gowrav
Just got allocated to Richmond :smile:

congrats! I got it too, so excited!
How long took it for you to get an accomodation offer after you send in your results ?
Reply 1535
Original post by trouble-trouble
congrats! I got it too, so excited!

What's your flat number? Was it you're first choice?
Reply 1536
Original post by *Johanna*
How long took it for you to get an accomodation offer after you send in your results ?

Well I had to send other stuff in but after that a couple of day. They started giving them out 2 weeks ago I think.
Reply 1537
oops, though this was a London unis thread
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gowrav
Well I had to send other stuff in but after that a couple of day. They started giving them out 2 weeks ago I think.

Thanks :smile: I have known my results since June 8th but I didn't get my grade sheet until last Saturday. So I hope to have accomodation by the end of the month !
Reply 1539
which accomodation would be a good location for someone doing maths, at the Turing building?

Latest

Trending

Trending