The Student Room Group

facebook login from an unknown location?

Hello, I keep on getting facebook notifications that someone logged in from an unknown location (Hatfield actually) at random times when I am not using the computer... I keep on changing my passwords BUT I am wondering who could be living there and wanting to hack into my account?
Can I track the person down?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I keep on getting facebook notifications that someone logged in from an unknown location (Hatfield actually) at random times when I am not using the computer... I keep on changing my passwords BUT I am wondering who could be living there and wanting to hack into my account?
Can I track the person down?
Thanks!

There could be a keylogger stored on your computer, kaspersky is very good at fishing it out.
Reply 2
Here's your solution!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=34124299

It's a proven way to kill nearly all the viruses in your laptop, I'd finish it off with a rootkit removal tool like Unhack Me (PM me if you need any help). But first, use this freequick tool called TDSSkiller from here.

Once you've done all that, change your facebook password, secruity answers etc and passwords/security answers of EVERYTHING ELSE. It might be overwhelming at first, so it's okay to write down all your answers and password on a piece of paper to help you get used to it. Keep it safe, maybe encrypted in a way you understand, then totally destroy it once you've gotten used to your passwords. This happened to me before, and I'm really glad I was able to sort it out.

All the best, let me know if you need any more help.
Reply 3
Original post by Osman1993
There could be a keylogger stored on your computer, kaspersky is very good at fishing it out.

what is a key logger?
Reply 4
Original post by itzme

Original post by itzme
what is a key logger?

google it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending