Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by NormalsWeird
I applied on December 1st and I'm pretty sure I found out in January - but this is still pretty early to apply so it might be sooner for you. I don't think I got an acknowledgement from Kent but they usually come through within a few days/a week. Good luck! What do you want to study?

Ah Ok, hopefully. I'm sort of hoping they don't wait until the deadline.
Architecture (:

Original post by CloClo7
I'm applying for actuarial science, just waiting on my reference.

Did anyone else think Kents accomodation was quite expensive? I can only afford the shared bathrooms, which are still more than the en-suite I viewed at UEA....I only looked at the cheapest lot at Kent though and it was actually really nice.

I haven't really paid any attention to the prices of the accommodation yet. But all of it seems quite nice, so I'd be happy to go pretty much anywhere I think ^^
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Onique
Got the scary email saying my Ref had sent my App off today!
Can either of you remember how long it took to receive an offer/acknowledgement from Kent?
Thank you!

Last year I applied on 8th October and got an offer on 5th November :smile:
I would like to apply for Computer Science but I haven't been to an open day :frown:
Original post by Milky Milk
Is it crucial to go to an open day? :erm: I live up North so it'd be a trek and a half on my own.

It won't affect your application, but it's always good to go to one to get a feel of the university to make sure if you want to apply or not.

On another note I'm a second year Biochemistry student so if anyone has any questions about the Bioscience courses or anything Kent related I'll do my best to help :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by jaydemikaela
Last year I applied on 8th October and got an offer on 5th November :smile:

That gives me hope (: Thank you!

Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
I would like to apply for Computer Science but I haven't been to an open day :frown:

It's not necessary to go to the open day, just good to go to make sure that is exactly where you want to go (:
Reply 85
Will be applying for Psychology fairly soon.
Original post by Onique
That gives me hope (: Thank you!

Ahhhh I haven't had an acknowledgement from Kent :frown: they've had my application for almost 3 weeks.

I've had 2 offers already, but I want Kent to love me haha :smile:

Also, my friend has just started her first year at Kent doing architecture and she's really enjoying it
Reply 87
Original post by grooveshoeshine
Ahhhh I haven't had an acknowledgement from Kent :frown: they've had my application for almost 3 weeks.

I've had 2 offers already, but I want Kent to love me haha :smile:

Also, my friend has just started her first year at Kent doing architecture and she's really enjoying it

:frown: Hope smashed :bawling::bawling:

Congrats on the other two offers! Where are they from?

That's awesome ^^ Hopefully I'll love it just as much.
She could assist me if I get in :wink:
Original post by Onique
:frown: Hope smashed :bawling::bawling:

Congrats on the other two offers! Where are they from?

That's awesome ^^ Hopefully I'll love it just as much.
She could assist me if I get in :wink:

East Anglia and Portsmouth, UEA is technically speaking 'better' but I prefer the course at Kent :smile:

Hehe :wink:
Reply 89
Original post by grooveshoeshine
East Anglia and Portsmouth, UEA is technically speaking 'better' but I prefer the course at Kent :smile:

Hehe :wink:

Haha, I'm the same with Nottingham and Kent (:
Reply 90
I'm applying for English and American Literature :biggrin: Entry requirements are ABB.
Good luck everyone and well done to those who have offers already!
Applying for Biochemistry ^^
Original post by El_Sid
Will be applying for Psychology fairly soon.

Wheeeey! I do psychology :smile: and I got in on BBB (didn't even have to ring them and beg or anything, checked UCAS and bam. Place.)
I still need to do write up my PS but have no motivation these days.
Reply 94
Good choice guys :smile: I've just started at Kent doing English and American Lit and am loving it. Feel free to ask me any questions about my course/the uni in general. By the way, Tyler Court is the best accommodation :wink:
Reply 95
Original post by besh_x
Good choice guys :smile: I've just started at Kent doing English and American Lit and am loving it. Feel free to ask me any questions about my course/the uni in general. By the way, Tyler Court is the best accommodation :wink:

Hi:biggrin:,
Is tyler court ensuite?
Reply 96
Original post by Onique
Got the scary email saying my Ref had sent my App off today!
Can either of you remember how long it took to receive an offer/acknowledgement from Kent?
Thank you!

I was an october candidate - Kent was one of the last people to get back to me [Late Jan I think?]
Reply 97
Original post by cat_cat
Hi:biggrin:,
Is tyler court ensuite?

Yeah it is and just really nice accommodation in general :smile: In my opinion, it's definitely worth the extra money for an en-suite.
Reply 98
Original post by Obsidian
I'm applying for English and American Literature :biggrin: Entry requirements are ABB.
Good luck everyone and well done to those who have offers already!

Is this the same as English and American Studies?

Original post by Blazara
I was an october candidate - Kent was one of the last people to get back to me [Late Jan I think?]

I'm guessing I've got a long wait then ):

Original post by besh_x

Added you on the OP if that's OK? (:
Reply 99
Me! Applying for History :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest