The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by arshadb
hey i just contacted sevenoaks. Since I'm an overseas student i won't get an interview, i'll be directly notified whether I've gotten a place or not on 7th december as they feel it is too tedious for an overseas candidate to travel to sevenoaks all the way. and for uk candidates, if you do well in your exams they should have called you for an interview otherwise....im sorry

however they said that they admit people without interviewing them as well so :biggrin:

Ive got my interview today!!so lucky you dont have to have one!
Reply 61
Original post by BomBom
Ive got my interview today!!so lucky you dont have to have one!

what did they ask u?
Reply 62
Original post by arshadb
what did they ask u?

it was really informal they just asked me about why I want to move schools and my extra curricular activities and stuff, also they said that everyone will know if they get a place by the 1st of December!
Reply 63
cool
Reply 64
Original post by arshadb
hey i just contacted sevenoaks. Since I'm an overseas student i won't get an interview, i'll be directly notified whether I've gotten a place or not on 7th december as they feel it is too tedious for an overseas candidate to travel to sevenoaks all the way. and for uk candidates, if you do well in your exams they should have called you for an interview otherwise....im sorry

however they said that they admit people without interviewing them as well so :biggrin:

Ok thanks
Reply 65
Original post by Pop95
Ok thanks

i apologize i didn't meant to hurt you if you didn't get an interview
did you get an interview? :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by arshadb
i apologize i didn't meant to hurt you if you didn't get an interview
did you get an interview? :smile:

its ok, I know if I got an interview for sevenoaks on the 1st of Dec like everyone else
Reply 67
Hmm.

To be in year 10 again.
Reply 68
Original post by arshadb

Original post by arshadb
Hey same here
I'm from India
You?

I'm German but I live in Jordan! Did you take the exams at Sevenoaks a couple of weeks ago as well?
Reply 69
Original post by Tabithaa
I'm German but I live in Jordan! Did you take the exams at Sevenoaks a couple of weeks ago as well?

yeah i did
econ, chemistry and geogo + math sl
what about you
Reply 70
Original post by arshadb
yeah i did
econ, chemistry and geogo + math sl
what about you

German, English and Math HL+SL
They weren't really hard I thought, but we'll see.
They told me that they'll contact us on December 1st :s-smilie:
Reply 71
Original post by Tabithaa
German, English and Math HL+SL
They weren't really hard I thought, but we'll see.
They told me that they'll contact us on December 1st :s-smilie:

yeah same i didn't find them really hard, quite shocked i must say. apparently you just have to pass all your exams in order to be selected as a prospective pupil. that just means people literally fail in these papers.
same decemeber 1st.
have u applied to any other schools>
Reply 72
Hey guys
I had my friendly chat with the registrar about 2 weeks ago...I'm so nervous...apparently the results are emailed to you and sent by post on 1st December.....I'm really impatient haha.....anyone know anything new? :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by Coolchick
Hey guys
I had my friendly chat with the registrar about 2 weeks ago...I'm so nervous...apparently the results are emailed to you and sent by post on 1st December.....I'm really impatient haha.....anyone know anything new? :smile:

Oh god im sonervous too! well when i met the registrar he said they will send them on the first post on the 30th of November so hopefuly that means they'll come on the 1st!!! what subjects did you apply with?
Reply 74
Original post by BomBom
Oh god im sonervous too! well when i met the registrar he said they will send them on the first post on the 30th of November so hopefuly that means they'll come on the 1st!!! what subjects did you apply with?

Hey I applied with French B history maths higher and standard.... What about you? And how was your meeting? Mine was really informal :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by Coolchick
Hey I applied with French B history maths higher and standard.... What about you? And how was your meeting? Mine was really informal :smile:

i did Latin, Economics and maths higher and standard, yeah mine was pretty informal too, i cant believe we're going to find out day after tomorrow! have you applies to any other schools?
Reply 76
Original post by BomBom
i did Latin, Economics and maths higher and standard, yeah mine was pretty informal too, i cant believe we're going to find out day after tomorrow! have you applies to any other schools?

No I haven't actually....I was going to apply for north london but I missed the deadline:/ I think I might apply for UWC aswell.....wat about u?
Reply 77
Original post by BomBom

how did you find the eco paper? i found it pleasant. though i felt i needed more time
Reply 78
geogo was splendid
Reply 79
aaaaaaaan has anyone received any sorts of notification from sevenoaks whatsoever?

Latest