The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kuks
Yeah...they upped a few ratings and got Cisse in.

I miss playing with him and Makiadi at Freiberg. If I was against someone who wasn't so good I could annihilate them with them two.

Proudest two games were 9-0 in the cup and 12-2 in the league (to get us promoted as well :awesome:- to be fair in that game after it was about 8-2 the guy just started trying to do stuff with his keeper so fair play to him for not just quitting!)

Can I just ask in the Ultimate team, what exactly helps with chemistry?
Nationality, League, favourite position, ???, ???
Reply 1661
Original post by SirMasterKey

Formation as well. Manager with the same formation/nationality too.
Reply 1662
Original post by SirMasterKey
I miss playing with him and Makiadi at Freiberg. If I was against someone who wasn't so good I could annihilate them with them two.

Proudest two games were 9-0 in the cup and 12-2 in the league (to get us promoted as well :awesome:- to be fair in that game after it was about 8-2 the guy just started trying to do stuff with his keeper so fair play to him for not just quitting!)

Also, the immediate players surrounding the player affect chemistry according to the nation.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
FIFA Street demo out today, lads. I'm on 37%

why no demo for PC :frown:
Reply 1664
Has anybody completed all the virtual pro accomplishments? Goal line clearances are a piss take to get.
Am i one of the few people who has like never quit (well unless my connection disconnects me which is very rare) even when losing like 6-0. Sure it's frustrating, but it's not fair quitting, as i wouldn't want it done to me, and no point seeing as the result will stand. I only get pissed off majorly when someone decides to timewaste. Timewasting int he 1st half? WTF, what are these people playing fifa for?
Reply 1666
Downloading the FIFA Street demo while at Uni. Can't wait to go back and play it!
Really liking the Fifa Street demo. Love playing as the Addidas team with a front trio of Kaka, Messi and Ven Persie. Also love the mode with the tiny goals making every bit of skill count.
Reply 1668
How often do 4.5* teams get pared up with 5* ones? I was Liverpool before in Division 4 and got stuck with Man City :facepalm2: Game had clearly decided that it wanted them to win beforehand as well as everything kept faling for me and going for them.

Luckily enough beat Real Madrid as Arsenal the game after to gain promotion to Division 3 with a game to spare. After a disastrous start on FIFA were I lost nearly every one of my first 15 or so games I have had 6 successive promotions playing with as many random teams as possible with the bias towards Belgium and Liverpool being the biggest :h:
Original post by Gob Bluth
Am i one of the few people who has like never quit (well unless my connection disconnects me which is very rare) even when losing like 6-0. Sure it's frustrating, but it's not fair quitting, as i wouldn't want it done to me, and no point seeing as the result will stand. I only get pissed off majorly when someone decides to timewaste. Timewasting int he 1st half? WTF, what are these people playing fifa for?

I can say that I've never quit unless my connection fails on me. If you're that far behind, quitting makes no difference and you gain nothing from it. The most infuriating are when people quit when you score in the first five minutes. I mean, come on, you have essentially the entire game to get the game back.
Going to try and get myself up into Division Four this morning...won two of my first three, and only lost the third due to a game fault, so it should happen.
Reply 1671
Original post by KingMessi
Going to try and get myself up into Division Four this morning...won two of my first three, and only lost the third due to a game fault, so it should happen.

good luck; try not to experiment too much at these later stages because u really want to find a perfect formula with your team
Original post by KingMessi
I can say that I've never quit unless my connection fails on me. If you're that far behind, quitting makes no difference and you gain nothing from it. The most infuriating are when people quit when you score in the first five minutes. I mean, come on, you have essentially the entire game to get the game back.

My housemate does this. He says it' just because the rule is there if you quick then then it doesn't count. On the same wavelength, he always tries to not score in the first 5 minutes just so it doesn't happen against him.
Reply 1673
Fifa street demo is really fun
Reply 1674
Im honestly nearly done with this game. I'm getting more and more frustrated every single online seasons game I play,

-Ive had 10 "post and out" shots, yes 10 in 2 games

-I'm getting fed up of people fouling me when I'm in on goal, every single game there seems to be some **** who does it

-Defending is just getting more and more annoying, players just prance through my defence (I was actually good at FIFA old defending)

-The whole Stop-Turn, Stop-Turn, mentality of every player, which works because the new defending just lets you jockey them

-Celebrations, they look stupid and crap, just take them out.

I'm not amazing at FIFA but its just little things that really annoy me, it's a great game at heart but all this little annoyances really effect my opinion on the game

Rant over :smile:

EDIT: DONE WITH THIS PIECE OF **** GAME.
Needed 3 points to win the division, 1-0 Up from the 7 minute mark, the other team had absolutely no shots on goal
Gets to the 90+2 minute literally the last offence of the game
My keeper punches away a shot that DIDNT need saving
Upcoming corner (you know my views on corners, there nooby), anyway i just had a gut feeling that they would score it
Ball comes in..............1 **** header later and its 1-1 and the final whistle blows.
I SWEAR the game has a momentum meter in the last 10 minutes that makes everything easier to score, and in regards to corners they can get ****ed, EA NEED to make them harder to score because at the moment a diving header is easier to score than a 1v1 with the keeper
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1675
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/115826211

Just scored this peach of a free kick in H2H :biggrin:
I was winning 2-0 and the guy hadn't had a shot yet so thought I might as well try it :p:
If I was contemplating buying my first football game since the PS1 era, should I go for the yearly iteration of FIFA or FIFA Street?
Reply 1677
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
If I was contemplating buying my first football game since the PS1 era, should I go for the yearly iteration of FIFA or FIFA Street?

It depends....FIFA 12 is a really good game. Probably the best FIFA till date. Street is more of a fun, messing around game.
I suggest you download the FIFA Street demo and try it out before making a decision. It's not a game for everyone.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

What he said. FIFA Street is just a mess-around game for people that're into that kind of thing. Always has been. After a while, it'll become a game you just pick up now and again for a laugh rather than long-term playability; if you're looking for this, FIFA would be the game you want to choose. Both games are completely different in the way they're played and the only similarity is in the fact that you kick a football around.

Besides, FIFA Street is out this month; FIFA 13 isn't out 'til the end of the year. Plenty of space in between.

Original post by kuks
It depends....FIFA 12 is a really good game. Probably the best FIFA till date. Street is more of a fun, messing around game.
I suggest you download the FIFA Street demo and try it out before making a decision. It's not a game for everyone.

Dunno, in terms of the amount of fun I had on each one I'd have to go with FIFA 10 > FIFA 11 > FIFA 12, in terms of fairness and reflection on the actual game you'd have to reverse the order of this chain though. So I guess it depends what you're looking for in a game. :tongue:

Manchester United on FIFA 10. :coma:
Reply 1679
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
What he said. FIFA Street is just a mess-around game for people that're into that kind of thing. Always has been. After a while, it'll become a game you just pick up now and again for a laugh rather than long-term playability; if you're looking for this, FIFA would be the game you want to choose. Both games are completely different in the way they're played and the only similarity is in the fact that you kick a football around.

Besides, FIFA Street is out this month; FIFA 13 isn't out 'til the end of the year. Plenty of space in between.

Dunno, in terms of the amount of fun I had on each one I'd have to go with FIFA 10 > FIFA 11 > FIFA 12, in terms of fairness and reflection on the actual game you'd have to reverse the order of this chain though. So I guess it depends what you're looking for in a game. :tongue:

Manchester United on FIFA 10. :coma:

Just the sheer overpowered nature of Sprint speed on FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest