The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Can definitely relate to that, not sure what to suggest when I feel the same.
If it's a side effect then it probably could be. Excuse my ignorance but when you find an antidepressant that works for you, do you still struggle with certain symptoms of depression?

Probably so :hugs:

I think lifting mood is the main thing it does, which is suppose to enable you to deal with the other stuff. Maybe I should make a new timetable and see if I can stick to it this time, though it'll have to be more intense now I've wasted so much time. :tongue:

How are you feeling at the moment? :hugs:

ps Hey everyone, I'm anon 3 :tongue:
I called crisis up and I was finding it hard to talk so they put the phone down on me :frown: feel awful now/
Original post by Webberino
I think lifting mood is the main thing it does, which is suppose to enable you to deal with the other stuff. Maybe I should make a new timetable and see if I can stick to it this time, though it'll have to be more intense now I've wasted so much time. :tongue:

Ahh right, was just wondering. My mum has just come into my room talking about my CAMHS appointment from out of nowhere. It shows that she's thinking about it a lot. I know she hates me feeling like this, she has cried every time we've seen nurture lady together. Makes me think that she'd understand if I did kill myself. Surely she'll take comfort from knowing I don't feel like this anymore? It's probably not good to think it about it like that, using my mum to an advantage. I think I'm thinking of various people and trying to think of a way that they would be OK with me doing it...Sorry, went off on a tangent there.

Sounds like a good idea, just do what you can! :hugs:

I'm mainly tired. Mood is quite bad, not as bad as it's ever been just not as good as it could be if that makes sense.

Woo, unanon! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 35mm_
I called crisis up and I was finding it hard to talk so they put the phone down on me :frown: feel awful now/

Did you say anything to let them know you were there? I've done that before with samaritans etc. where I say hi and then can't speak for like 3 mins and they'll hold the line until you're ready. Understandable in some ways if they thought no one was on the other end. Call again, perhaps plan what you are going to say?
Reply 4164
Gone back to feeling awful again. Absolutely everything in the world seems empty and meaningless. I'm so far past feeling 'depressed' now it isn't even funny. There's just blankness and nothing. I don't even feel real, it's like I'm stuck in a game or a dream and I have to find a way out.

Spoiler

Reply 4165
Original post by Nut.
Gone back to feeling awful again. Absolutely everything in the world seems empty and meaningless. I'm so far past feeling 'depressed' now it isn't even funny. There's just blankness and nothing. I don't even feel real, it's like I'm stuck in a game or a dream and I have to find a way out.

Spoiler

Wow. Summed up how I'm feeling right now :frown:

Please keep yourself safe x
Reply 4166
Original post by Nut.

Spoiler

Original post by SeaJay
Wow. Summed up how I'm feeling right now :frown:

Please keep yourself safe x

Aww :console:

---

I've actually felt really good today. In school I did have to talk for a bit to the learning mentor about me running away on Friday. But that was fine. And I just managed to get my homework done... that was due in for last Thursday :biggrin:. I didn't go that day because I was still in a very bad mood from the previous night.

Also my mum hasn't ruined my mood! :smile: I did tell her this morning about wanting to go and watch a movie. Obviously she asked who I was going with, when I was going, and what I was watching. But I honestly don't know any of that yet, so didn't tell her.

Now tomorrow... The longest school day of the week :tongue:
Eating, drinking and smoking with my boyfriend, playing TV show drinking games. :yy:
Reply 4168
Wide a-****ing-wake.

Why is it that I never get physically ill, but mentally I'm just all over the place? :mad: I would gladly hurl my guts up once a morning in trade.
Original post by Nut.
Get outta my head! :mad:

Spoiler

Seriously though, I know exactly what you mean. :hugs:

Haha, no, your head is warm :tongue:

:hugs:

Original post by snakeeyes
I feel that a lot, it's hard to know whether people would ever fully understand me. I've never been romantically connected with anyone and I've never thought of someone romantically either. Just want people to relate to me on the same level as me and understand my personality. You shouldn't hate yourself for who you are though, 'cause if you do how do you expect others to like you? I suppose it does depend on what you want others to see in you, and it is frustrating when others don't understand what you've been through especially laid back people :frown:. I've always thought I could die alone and it bugs me everyday, but if I try to express my cries for love, hopefully somebody will see it one day.

I'm sure someone will definitely see it. For me, I'm not sure, I need someone to love me because I cannot love myself, but I know this isn't possible, so yeah, I guess I'm stuck like this for a while.

Original post by avhhs

:cry2: :cry: That's exactly how I feel :console:

:hugs:
Original post by Nut.

Spoiler

:hugs: I really get the whole not really feeling real, I feel numb and empty a hell of a lot, I think it's worse than the depression really, personally.

Spoiler

Reply 4171
Been thinking of how recently I felt normal - beginning of November :eek: (just over a month more recently than I originally thought!)

I just want this to lift. I want to be me again :cry2: :cry:.
Reply 4172
Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: I really get the whole not really feeling real, I feel numb and empty a hell of a lot, I think it's worse than the depression really, personally.

Spoiler

Yeah I guess I could give Sams a call, that's a good point.

[rant]
I just can't keep walking into the DoS with the same old problems and the same old depression that just won't **** off. And I'm sick of saying the same things over and over to doctors and nurses and whoever else the crisis team employs.

I don't understand why I'm the only person who seems to think I need a med change. I've been depressed since November, I've got worse since my meds were upped, and my depression has at best been at the same level since mid January.
It's like they're scared to fiddle with my meds because last time they triggered a mixed episode.

It's all "wait until the couselling kicks in", "wait until we have a proper diagnosis". I had a proper dignosis before they started questioning it. Since when do you have to get re-diagnosed just because you move services?
And what makes them think that I can bear to survive the next 4-6 weeks before talking therapy really starts working?
It's all I can do sometimes when I'm outside not to just walk into traffic ffs, but they're sitting there in armchairs telling me to be patient. :mad:
[/rant]

Urgh. Well, at least I was feeling something as I typed that, even if it was only anger/indignation. I think I'm partly furious at myself for not being tired, but that, unfortunately, won't help me sleep. One thing that every doctor I've ever seen has agreed on is that I have excellent insight, so why the heck won't they just listen to me this once? :emo:
Original post by Nut.

[rant]
I just can't keep walking into the DoS with the same old problems and the same old depression that just won't **** off. And I'm sick of saying the same things over and over to doctors and nurses and whoever else the crisis team employs.

I don't understand why I'm the only person who seems to think I need a med change. I've been depressed since November, I've got worse since my meds were upped, and my depression has at best been at the same level since mid January.
It's like they're scared to fiddle with my meds because last time they triggered a mixed episode.

It's all "wait until the couselling kicks in", "wait until we have a proper diagnosis". I had a proper dignosis before they started questioning it. Since when do you have to get re-diagnosed just because you move services?
And what makes them think that I can bear to survive the next 4-6 weeks before talking therapy really starts working?
It's all I can do sometimes when I'm outside not to just walk into traffic ffs, but they're sitting there in armchairs telling me to be patient. :mad:
[/rant]

Urgh. Well, at least I was feeling something as I typed that, even if it was only anger/indignation. I think I'm partly furious at myself for not being tired, but that, unfortunately, won't help me sleep. One thing that every doctor I've ever seen has agreed on is that I have excellent insight, so why the heck won't they just listen to me this once? :emo:

I feel your pain with the meds change. I've been on my current combo since September, and I've been on Mirtazapine since April last year and it doesn't work but they won't review it. The only thing they've done is taken me off my mood stabiliser and that seems to have made me worse - great job guys.

Why are they changing your diagnosis? What do they want to change it to? Makes no sense at all! Are you still under the crisis team? I suppose, even though they are ****, they are there if you need the support while the counselling is going on.

At least you have good insight then! But yeah, it's mega frustrating when they don't believe you, after all, you know what is going on best :hugs: Being patient sucks, I totally agree.
Original post by Webberino

Have your first rep :yy:

P.s. Upload / choose an avatar to make it even easier for people who have little effort (like me) to keep track of what you say to us :biggrin:
I'm having too many good days in a row. I'm just waiting for my mood to crash. I got up at 7am for an 11.30 meeting and I did a couple of hours of extra study for a couple of online modules I'm taking.

It's like I just want to absorb all of the knowledge and it just isn't coming to me quick enough.

Original post by rmhumphries
Have your first rep :yy:

P.s. Upload / choose an avatar to make it even easier for people who have little effort (like me) to keep track of what you say to us :biggrin:

But I don't have an avatar and you still love me, right?
:cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I'm having too many good days in a row. I'm just waiting for my mood to crash. I got up at 7am for an 11.30 meeting and I did a couple of hours of extra study for a couple of online modules I'm taking.

It's like I just want to absorb all of the knowledge and it just isn't coming to me quick enough.

But I don't have an avatar and you still love me, right?
:cry2:

Likewise for the top bit!

It's sunny & warm, I'm getting things done and last night I got one of my seemingly rare good nights of sleep. Something's got to go wrong soon right?

And of course we love you :hugs:
Original post by Alofleicester
Likewise for the top bit!

It's sunny & warm, I'm getting things done and last night I got one of my seemingly rare good nights of sleep. Something's got to go wrong soon right?

And of course we love you :hugs:

I slept like a baby last night. It was amazing. I'm enjoying stuff and I just want to go and lie down in the sun somewhere with my laptop to bash out a few bits of coursework. It's like a complete personality transplant.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I slept like a baby last night. It was amazing. I'm enjoying stuff and I just want to go and lie down in the sun somewhere with my laptop to bash out a few bits of coursework. It's like a complete personality transplant.

yay! :crazy:

What's also great is there's no pollen or anything around, so hayfever's not kicked in and I could actually go out and enjoy it being sunny without having to take those horrible otc anti-allergen pills each morning.

Can already see where things are going to go wrong though - room inspection on Thursday, and despite being a bit of a clean freak (I say a bit of, I consider my CD's/books to be unclean if they aren't ordered alphabetically by Artist/author, then chronologically by release within each artist/author), they're gonna find some massive problem. I know it.
Original post by Nut.

[rant]

[/rant]

You have a right to request for a second opinion. Put it in writing that you want a second opinion in regards to med changes and/or diagnosis etc. and hopefully something will happen.

Latest