The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath applicant stalk 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Distance between the campus and the city looks pretty big, what's it like practicality wise? Also, I've been to Bath a couple of times, it's pretty big too - ever got lost? Because I seriously think I will. :tongue:

I'm the type to frequently get lost, yet I've managed fine in Bath, and so will you.
Distance between campus and city is not given a second thought as I travel by bus and just enjoy the view getting from A to B.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Angelus
I'm the type to frequently get lost, yet I've managed fine in Bath, and so will you.Distance between campus and city is not given a second thought as I travel by bus and just enjoy the view getting from A to B.

Do you get bus passes or any other money saver bus thing? I quite like bus journeys, listening to music in buses gives me a chance to chill out because I'm sad like that :biggrin:

I seem to attract hills as well - what's Bathwick like? I live at the top of quite a beastly hill, and both my firm and insurance appear to have nice hills too :tongue:

Cheers. :smile:
Reply 42
Do you get bus passes or any other money saver bus thing? I quite like bus journeys, listening to music in buses gives me a chance to chill out because I'm sad like that :biggrin:

I seem to attract hills as well - what's Bathwick like? I live at the top of quite a beastly hill, and both my firm and insurance appear to have nice hills too :tongue:

Cheers. :smile:

Bus pass. :yep:

Hills are lovely; Bathwick is lovely. The cream shade of houses, the gorgeous scenery of buildings travelling down. I also enjoy a good workout, so walking up hills does not bother me either.

Oh, I should add that hills were not lovely when snow turned to ice not too long ago! I took baby steps.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah awesome :biggrin:

Not when your way home from school takes about 4 miles and 4 hills and a heavy bag because you have lessons for 5 different modules each day :tongue: I guess Bath's scenery's nicer than mine :tongue: I have no lung capacity for walking :laugh:

Get a tray and sit on it - slide down the hill! Getting up the hill would be a nightmare though, I'd imagine.
Reply 44
I wish when I'm choosing my unis that I could come here it looks lovely
Original post by Aylish
I wish when I'm choosing my unis that I could come here it looks lovely

Why can't you? Yeah, Bath's a nice place and the campus looks good too. I'm there at the moment, freezing whilst I wait for 1pm to arrive.
Reply 46
Original post by Dr. Bassman
What's studying French there like?

French is really good. In the first semester you do an hour of french speaking (seminar), an hour of grammar and writing (seminar). You also get an hour of grammar in a lecture as well as an intro to French culture which is like books and stuff, that was really boring in my opinion but i'm not really a literature kind of person.
This semester it's the same with speaking, writing and grammar but we're doing French history instead which is more interesting.
The lecturers are amazing. Especially if you have Bill Brooks, he's hilarious. As is Steve Wharton.
Original post by Boycie
French is really good. In the first semester you do an hour of french speaking (seminar), an hour of grammar and writing (seminar). You also get an hour of grammar in a lecture as well as an intro to French culture which is like books and stuff, that was really boring in my opinion but i'm not really a literature kind of person.
This semester it's the same with speaking, writing and grammar but we're doing French history instead which is more interesting.
The lecturers are amazing. Especially if you have Bill Brooks, he's hilarious. As is Steve Wharton.

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 48
HEY. I'm doing Sociology and Social policy! What about everyone else? Has everyone firmed Bath?
Original post by ElizM_94
HEY. I'm doing Sociology and Social policy! What about everyone else? Has everyone firmed Bath?

I firmed them today, for MMath Maths (A*AA offer) :biggrin:

What accommodation are you looking at?
Reply 50

I've firmed for Chemistry :smile:

Quick question - the Entry Date says 29th Sept so is that when the actual course starts? I'm a bit confused as to when we actually move in and am trying to plan my summer :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by megan205

Quick question - the Entry Date says 29th Sept so is that when the actual course starts? I'm a bit confused as to when we actually move in and am trying to plan my summer :smile:

Here, I hope this helps you :smile:
http://www.bath.ac.uk/semester/ay-chart-2012-2013.html
Reply 52
Original post by megan205

sorry to be nosey but just saw this! if it said move in date as the 29th i think that's when freshers starts, and then your course will start the following week? so move in date is the 29th if that's what they said and course will start the following week, so we have a week to partyyyyy :smile:!
Reply 53

i've applied to do sociology! looking round the uni again tomorrow but am likely to put it as firm! what accomodation are you applying to/don't you know yet?
Just got my offer for bath uni! accepting my offer for sociology 2012! woop!
Reply 55

Just what I wanted - thanks :smile:
Reply 56
I firmed them today, for MMath Maths (A*AA offer) :biggrin:

What accommodation are you looking at?

ah that's awesome! :smile: Well, I was looking at Woodcourt (I think it's called) or Sals/Mal one! What about youuu? Have you heard anything about applying for accommodation?
Reply 57
Original post by kate_bei
i've applied to do sociology! looking round the uni again tomorrow but am likely to put it as firm! what accomodation are you applying to/don't you know yet?

ah I LOVED it. Uhm I really like Woodcourt so far (think that's what is was called!) Tell me what you think about them! :smile: That's the one I liked when I saw lol
Where are you going from to go to Bath?
ah that's awesome! :smile: Well, I was looking at Woodcourt (I think it's called) or Sals/Mal one! What about youuu? Have you heard anything about applying for accommodation?

Woodland court? Yeah, I loved the look of it, but £140?! <- tactical interrobang

Yeah, I'm thinking Marl/Sols as well. En-suite would be great, my bathroom atm is crap.

Not yet, but I only did the firming yesterday.
Reply 59
Ahh yeah that's the name! I know, quite pricey but I wouldn't mind sols/marls. I duno I wanna be at a sociable one! But DEFO ensuite. I cannot share a bathroom lol I'm a little bit OCD. Plus, I take about an hour in the bathroom in the morning LOL so yaaa

Quick Reply

Latest