The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by sparkywrex
guys can i have some feedback on this.... out of all the people that have received offers HAVE YOU ALL GOT MATHS AT C GRADE AT GCSE LEVEL?

thanks

No, I don't and have 2 offers. Got a D :-( But do have key skills numeracy, which was loads easier and took quarter of the time, but they accept that in place of maths!
Reply 1701
I dont i have the level 2 which is much easier, however i have an offer from hallam who only accept gcse c so im retaking it this summer ....The joys :frown: P.s anybody know when bradford may be likely to give offers out because im very impatient and the wait is killing me !!! (interview was march 19th) i loved it there so an offer would make me extremely happy :smile:
Reply 1702
Original post by 94_Hannah_94
iv just got my offer from Man Met :smile: x

Well done :biggrin: will you be firming the choice then? x
Reply 1703
Original post by willg
I dont i have the level 2 which is much easier, however i have an offer from hallam who only accept gcse c so im retaking it this summer ....The joys :frown: P.s anybody know when bradford may be likely to give offers out because im very impatient and the wait is killing me !!! (interview was march 19th) i loved it there so an offer would make me extremely happy :smile:

Oh I was wondering how you'd got on! I was there yesterday and they said all offers are by the end of march- Thats only in three days! However, they did also say the tutor is away for two weeks so any interviews since she went off might be made after Easter? So it would probably depend whether you had your interview before she went off or not?
Reply 1704
Oh right i see well the admissions tutor was there for the interview so hopefully i will find out this week :smile: how did you get on ?
Reply 1705
Original post by willg
Oh right i see well the admissions tutor was there for the interview so hopefully i will find out this week :smile: how did you get on ?

Went ok (I hope) Will let you know if i hear. But there were lots on my interview from the Foundation Year, so who knows?
Original post by Alixy
Well done :biggrin: will you be firming the choice then? x

Thanks :smile: n yerr i will just got to make sure that i get the grades :smile: which is your first choice ? x
just got an offer from Salford ... for sports rehabilitation! Erm, no thanks, If I was interested in that I'd have applied for it! Worse than a rejection that, 'we dont want you for physio, why not do this course you have absolutely no interest in instead since we cant fill the places from people actually interested in it!'

Only UCLan to wait for now, please be an offer!
(edited 12 years ago)
Im having the hardest time choosing between MMU and Sheffield Hallam (if i get a offer from hallam fingers crossed!) as my first and insurance choices does anyone know how they compare with pratical experience and which courses produce the better physio's? :smile:
Reply 1709
Original post by pashoxphysio
hi
yeah i have an offer from them.
received it on feb 10th.

congratulations! i'm patiently waiting still!
Original post by mskxo
congratulations! i'm patiently waiting still!

while i was there they said that all decisions would be made by end of march, so im sure youl hear soon :biggrin: hopefully :biggrin:
would u be firming?
Reply 1711
Original post by pashoxphysio
while i was there they said that all decisions would be made by end of march, so im sure youl hear soon :biggrin: hopefully :biggrin:
would u be firming?

i'll be firming man met but i'm not sure whether it'll be huddersfield or uclan (providing i get an offer) for my insurance! what about yourself?
Reply 1712
Original post by MissLightyear
just got an offer from Salford ... for sports rehabilitation! Erm, no thanks, If I was interested in that I'd have applied for it! Worse than a rejection that, 'we dont want you for physio, why not do this course you have absolutely no interest in instead since we cant fill the places from people actually interested in it!'

Only UCLan to wait for now, please be an offer!

How Bizarre! Though I met a few on my interview at Huddersfield who had the same from York!
Original post by MrsH23
How Bizarre! Though I met a few on my interview at Huddersfield who had the same from York!

I dont get why they think I'd want to do that, they even asked me about my sporting background in my interview and I made it perfectly clear that sport is a hobby and because I do so much coaching/playing etc I wouldnt want a career withing sports as it would get too boring and I like variety. Weird!
Reply 1714
anyone firming bradford?
really liked the health building and the people within physiotherapy, but its the place and the rest of the uni..

anyone else have anything to say about bradford?
i think my personal statement may have been flawed, strange as it was read through by a tutor who said its fine
Original post by jack9
anyone firming bradford?
really liked the health building and the people within physiotherapy, but its the place and the rest of the uni..

I've the same dilemma with Bradford, love the facilities for our course, they aeon really friendly too, but the place is grim and a bit of a dump (and this is coming from someone who lives in the northwest)

It will probably end up as my insurance tbh.
Reply 1717
Original post by jack9
anyone firming bradford?

I'm the same with Bradford, the buildngs were nice and the course and placements better for me, but where it is is really rough, I have been attending the college next door and large groups hang around outside, it can be quite intimidating tbh just walking from bus stop, not sure i'd want 3 years of that! The large groups of asian teenagers can be awful, (I am not racist by the way, at least 70% of Bradford college students are asian, or so it seems) and the lads that hang around outside just spit everywhere, its not pleasant. But I have to commute as I have a child and its the nearest uni, although I don't live in Bradford (Though my sister lives on the outskirts and some parts are lovely!)
I would feel extremely uncomfortable about being in the town centre on a night-time, so there would go any uni social life! But the course is ideal. So not sure what i'd do if I get an offer, firming Huddersfield, think Brad would probably be my insurance.
Original post by jack9
anyone firming bradford?

I've firmed Bradford as I came to the decision that I wouldn't actually be at the uni for that long - maybe first year, but then you've got placements and the uni year is only 6 months long or so....personal preference I think :smile:
Reply 1719
has anyone done the hpat test for uni of ulster? have any of you got offers or will you just get a decision when you get your test results? i haven't heard anything from ucas :frown: starting to worry now!!!

Quick Reply

Latest