The Student Room Group

AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

So the exam is over, what did everyone think about it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bloody awful. Though by the sounds of it everyone at my college felt the same. That trig identities one was particularly mean :frown:
Reply 2
Complete and utter bull****
An utter nightmare.
Reply 4
horrid.
Reply 5
solidddddddddddddddd
Reply 6
By the sounds of it, it looks like AQA will have to lower the grade boundaries. Which means better grades :wink:
Reply 7
Would like the 'A' grade boundary to be 30/75 :smile:
That was horrible.
Reply 9
I think that's very unlikely lol. But hopefully an A will be around 45 - 50 marks
Reply 10
I know for a fact that I have got 75/75
Reply 11
Quite literally the hardest core 2 paper I have ever seen. How did you solve the trig question? I literally just divided the right hand side by cos2X to get tanX-3, but I'm not sure if that's right. :'( The sector was hard! Made up something, using basic trig - but who knows? So annoyed that AQA has made the core 2 so hard two summer series in a row. :mad:
Reply 12
That paper was solid, what mark do you think it will be lowered to, to get an A? casue im pretty sure their gonna lower the grade boundaries as everyone is finding this paper hard
Was it really that bad?, what about the other questions throughout the paper?
Reply 14
First 6 questions were really easy, last 3 were horrendous managed to leave like 12marks as had no idea :frown: hopfully boundaries are low!
Reply 15
I found it quite hard... didn't manage to fully answer the last Q, but did get x=1/3, and also forgot that x could be + and - root 3 for the trig. identities...
Question 1-4 were fine but after that... oh dear :frown:
What was the trig equation?
Reply 18
left bracket (tan(theta)=1) gives tan(theta)= -1, then solved right hand bracket using sin^2/cos^2=tan^2, giving me tan(theta)= root3 and -root3.
Reply 19
on Q8 i only gave the solutions x=1 and x=root 3 (i forgot about -ve root3). That meant for the next question i only gave 2 answers, when there should have been 3...:frown: Out of the 8 marks (for the two questions a and b) how many marks do you think i will have got?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending