The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
Original post by Dalimyr
Patience, young padawan. Like I said to someone earlier in the PC Gaming society, we're pretty sure there's a Steam sale coming, but unless they're planning on having it at the same time as the Dawn of War weekend sale is on, it'll be Monday evening at the earliest that the sale goes live.

That's what I'm waiting for. And the funds to clear. :wink:
There's a new Indie Royale bundle:

Indie Royale is back with a bumper Summer Bundle, featuring eight - yes, eight - brilliant indie games, from largescale RTS 'Harvest - Massive Encounter' through critically acclaimed point 'n click adventure 'The Journey Down - Chapter One' and beyond!

This major bundle is headed up by a first-ever bundle inclusion for Oxeye's largescale RTS 'Harvest - Massive Encounter', co-created by current Minecraft lead coder Jens Bergensten (Windows, Mac and Linux on Steam, Desura and DRM-free). Also featured is SkyGoblin's critically acclaimed point 'n click adventure 'The Journey Down - Chapter One' (Windows, Mac and Linux on Desura and DRM-free).

Elsewhere, we're debuting a triumphant return for Croteam's 'long-lost' FPS 'Serious Sam II' (Windows on Steam), a trilogy of top Japanese shmups in the form of 'Gundemonium Recollection', 'GundeadliGne', 'Hitogata Happa' (Windows on Steam, Desura and DRM-Free), the frantic fighting-shooter 'Acceleration of Suguri-X Edition' (Windows on Desura and DRM-Free) plus PixelJam's enhanced indie classic 'Dino Run SE' (Windows, Mac and Linux on Desura and DRM-Free) and another chance for all buyers to get in on the Steam Beta of action strategy F2P hit AirMech, with another bundle-exclusive bonus in-game item! There's something for everyone in this bundle, with 'PixelJams Volume 1' electronic music album for those who pay $8 or more.

Also don't forget that Indie Royale has recently launched its Collection feature. This is a page where Indie Royale purchasers can earn loyalty rewards, manage keys for already-purchased bundles, and add already-completed bundles to their Wishlist for possible bundle reappearances!

More information on the Summer Bundle's games and bonuses is available at our official blog or via our Facebook and Twitter pages. And a final reminder - the more buyers, the more the price will increase, unless kind buyers drop the price, so grab the bundle now while the price is still low!

Thanks again!
Scott, John, Simon, Bethany and Max
Desura & IndieGames.com
Steam, Y U NO HAVE SUMMER SALE!?
Original post by hassi94
Steam, Y U NO HAVE SUMMER SALE!?
To save me from spending money when I can't afford to? :ninja:
Original post by Dalimyr

This. A thousand times this.
Original post by Dalimyr

So spend the money on a new gaming pc instead....

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/vz2d5/build_help_need_to_choose_a_monitor/ :ninja:
Original post by Magnum Opus
Jesus Christ, ouch. When it comes time for me to replace my current PC (which I have said before could well be happening sometime this year), I don't plan on spending even half that. That is just insane.

Apparently some devs have blabbed and Steam Summer Sale will be starting on July 12th. And someone posted http://i.imgur.com/grNYK.png in a thread about it on the Steam forums :rofl:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dalimyr
Jesus Christ, ouch. When it comes time for me to replace my current PC (which I have said before could well be happening sometime this year), I don't plan on spending even half that. That is just insane.

I'm building myself a new rig within the next month and will be spending around that amount :tongue:

It's an obsession I swear :sad:
I think I might wait until the sales to pickup Torchlight then...
If that leak is true then my already stretched bank balance is safe. Apart from possibly the Square Hit and Anno 2070 packs.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I won't be touching an Anno 2070 pack if it's still only 50% off. Hoping for a better discount on Jagged Alliance too. Looks like I won't be getting any of the indie bundles either - I've got at least three of the five games in everyone of those packs (though I'm missing at least one from every one too :p:)

I shouldn't be spending too much, but ultimately it'll come down to the daily deals.
And so it begins...
What's everyone going to buy?

I'm going to get Grimrock and Magicka.

Also any suggestions? I know Shogun 2 is down to £7.
Reply 2174
Just seen that the sale is on, and i've only grabbed terrarria (£1.49 is cheap as dirt) so far, but i'll likely end up spending a hundred quid or so. Waiting for stuff like Saint's Row 3 and Skyrim to go on daily deal offers before I spend on them, but it's safe to say i'll be watching the store very closely throughout the whole sale period!

Also I think (please correct me if i'm wrong) Shogun 2 on Amazon can be activated through steam, and that's been at £7 and dropping for a while now, so if it's worth it to you it might be cheaper there sooner than later.
"The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later." :biggrin:
Reply 2176
Yeah i'm getting the same error, i'm being persistent though! :biggrin:
Reply 2177
I can't access it either. Anyone know if GTA IV is on sale?

EDIT: It is :biggrin: Anyone know if it'll get even cheaper?
Reply 2178
Original post by Darkphilosopher
"The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later." :biggrin:

I wonder why... :awesome:.
Reply 2179
There are flash sales too so keep your eyes out for those deals!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Quick Reply

Latest