The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Music 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dirtyoldriver
Nooo, archaeology :smile: mercifully low grades though (for UCL) at ABB so hopefully I can scrape through.

oh right - i need AAA :eek: but good luck! :smile:
Could someone please copy and paste the music and music tech boundries into the thread? I can't see them on my phone :frown:
Reply 402
________________A*A B C D E N U
6MU04 Music 4 50 45 41 36 32 28 24 20 0
6MU05 Music 5 80 64 58 52 46 41 36 31 0
6MU06 Music 6 90 73 66 59 52 45 38 31 0
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 403
I'm peeved off about the boundaries.
Also very irritated about the way my composition was marked -__-
Reply 404
So i only have the UMS for what i got in each section of the exam, anyone know how to convert them to the raw marks so i can find out how much i was of a grade??? Because edexcel seem to only publish raw mark boundaries
PLease help :smile:
Reply 405
Original post by Becky_22
So i only have the UMS for what i got in each section of the exam, anyone know how to convert them to the raw marks so i can find out how much i was of a grade??? Because edexcel seem to only publish raw mark boundaries
PLease help :smile:

I've just found the UM Grade boundaries:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1106%20GCE%20Unit%20UM%20Boundaries.pdf

Hope that this is useful =]

kpatb - My composition was marked low as well. A little disappointed but overall I got an A for music :biggrin: So surprised with unit 6 - got 108/120, better than my unit 3 retake haha

How was everyone's results?
Reply 406
Original post by Cherody

kpatb - My composition was marked low as well. A little disappointed but overall I got an A for music :biggrin: So surprised with unit 6 - got 108/120, better than my unit 3 retake haha

How was everyone's results?

It was really annoying because my composition & controlled assessments were the things that I count count on getting A's - I got a high B.
Also, schools were shut here for about 3 or 4 weeks in total between March and May because of civil problems around the region (I live in the middle east) so everything had to be crammed into 2 weeks of intense work rather than the 14 hours of the composition being spread out -_-

Anyway, we shall see. I've sent my composition for a remark though, so I can at elast try to get it to an A :smile:

Well done at Unit 6!
I'm so happy that I just scraped an A on that :P I was sure I had failed it :P
Original post by kpatb
I'm peeved off about the boundaries.
Also very irritated about the way my composition was marked -__-

You're not the only one - our whole class got an E or U in composition/technical study, including myself. Which I found quite odd because I did Bach Chorale for technical studies and I'd like to think I was good at it. And with composition I worked my socks off to get to a good standard so to get an E was ridiculous...

Whole class is getting it remarked, hopefully it can bump up my overall grade to an A. (Doesn't really matter any more but it would be nice!)
Reply 408
Original post by CrystalNeko
You're not the only one - our whole class got an E or U in composition/technical study, including myself. Which I found quite odd because I did Bach Chorale for technical studies and I'd like to think I was good at it. And with composition I worked my socks off to get to a good standard so to get an E was ridiculous...

Whole class is getting it remarked, hopefully it can bump up my overall grade to an A. (Doesn't really matter any more but it would be nice!)

To be honest, Music, especially at A2, is such a difficult A level that I can't believe they only award 3% of the candidates A*'s or something despite the fact that many candidates work their butts off (as you did!)

I'm in exactly the same position as you - I thought I had done very well on my composition, though understandably, it may not have been to everyone's taste.
Also, Although I agree my chorale wasn't spectacular, I thought it was quite good and didn't have any major mistakes.
Like you, I did the Bach Chorale and I thought I was quite good at it, as I had done a lot of Chorale work for Grade 6 ABRSM theory, but just scraped a low ish grade.

Very annoyed :/ (although it doesn't make a difference and I'm still going to Uni :biggrin: Yay!)
Hope everyone here managed to meet their offers :smile: Did anyone else do 2 compositions and no technical studies?
Original post by Makin' Moosic
Hope everyone here managed to meet their offers :smile: Did anyone else do 2 compositions and no technical studies?

YES! I did two compositions! I also, was gutted with the marks they gave me :/ I worked incredibly hard and only got a D for composition! Bit pissed off. But i'm still going to my first choice uni :biggrin: haha. A in performance saved me! :smile:
Reply 411
I was quite lucky, for my composition (concert study) and technical study (Bach chorale) I got an A, so I am very happy with that.
Don't suppose anyone can help me revise context points for the edexcel applied set works? Literally know everything for instrumental but don't know what to revise for applied

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending