The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

So Ive applied to Queens Belfast, Bath, East Anglia and Sussex....however this will be the first year sussex is holding a pharmacy course so I'm afraid it wont be great? Thinking of substituting that choice for something else but I'm not too sure....will they give out 'nicer' offers because it's the first year??
Someone please advise me!:smile:
Reply 4261
I currently study biology chemistry and business at a level i achieved BBB at as level i was wondering if i could get into pharmacy with these subjects
Original post by hollygc123
So Ive applied to Queens Belfast, Bath, East Anglia and Sussex....however this will be the first year sussex is holding a pharmacy course so I'm afraid it wont be great? Thinking of substituting that choice for something else but I'm not too sure....will they give out 'nicer' offers because it's the first year??
Someone please advise me!:smile:

in my opinion, it would be better to go to a school of pharmacy that has an already established pharmacy department just because the newer pharmacy schools are still just finding their feet and the more experienced ones may have place to help them improved and make their course more well suited, the new ones first years are kinda like a test run but as long as you're happy with the university and like the city then go for it and make the most out of it! :smile:
Original post by temi.h.o.
in my opinion, it would be better to go to a school of pharmacy that has an already established pharmacy department just because the newer pharmacy schools are still just finding their feet and the more experienced ones may have place to help them improved and make their course more well suited, the new ones first years are kinda like a test run but as long as you're happy with the university and like the city then go for it and make the most out of it! :smile:

Some universities e.g. Bath have changed their programme this year so it could be very knew for the system and lecturers that teach it so it will be up and down in terms of stability and moving forward.
Original post by temi.h.o.

Some of the new schools have very experienced staff who have come from other schools of pharmacy so I'd argue newer schools are often better if anything as their programmes are newer and more innovative, meeting or exceeding the new GPhC education standards.

For an impartial view, take a look at the GPhC accreditation reports on their website: http://www.pharmacyregulation.org/accreditation-and-recognition-reports
Has anyone been to an interview at Aston?
Original post by AH143
I currently study biology chemistry and business at a level i achieved BBB at as level i was wondering if i could get into pharmacy with these subjects

Yes you could with no problem
Reply 4268
Original post by shuaib786
Hi there I'm a officially a 3rd year MPharm student at Aston University, if any1 needs advice or tip etc just feel free to PM me.

Hi I have an interview in a few weeks
Would you please tell me what do they ask
How is the uni, lecturers and campus
How many of the graduate students find relevant job
Thanks
I've only just paid for my DBS check for my offer at DMU, will this mean I wont be accepted on results day?
Original post by LearningGeek
I've only just paid for my DBS check for my offer at DMU, will this mean I wont be accepted on results day?

When did you receive your offer/notification to pay for your DBS? Usually what unis do when they have requirements like that is to check during enrollment that everything has been done. Did it say specifically in your offer that your DBS had to be done before results day? Also, if DMU offers the Pharmacy course through Clearing, the likelihood is that those people may not have had their DBS checks done either, so again, they'd probably verify it when you actually go there to enrol in September :smile:

If in doubt, call them up!
Hi, I am a mum looking through these, My son has been offed Aston ABB or one grade lower if he makes them firm choice, he was desperate to go there as loved the feel of the small campus and close to a city. Now he has been offered Nottingham at AAB, no reductions AAB or nothing. He will struggle to get that but is now thinking is Nottingham a better uni. He's no idea what to do. Aston is a much easier option (it seems).

My concerns are that he likes Aston as it is quiet and the accommodation (halls) are on the doorstep, whereas in Nottingham they are not. But after you leave the halls is the Aston private rents still close? Or are they far away? Also what are the areas like for the private rents? Thanks for any advice
Reply 4272
I have an interview tomorrow st Aston and wondering what kind of questions to expect
Reply 4273
Original post by Krista1977
Hi, I am a mum looking through these, My son has been offed Aston ABB or one grade lower if he makes them firm choice, he was desperate to go there as loved the feel of the small campus and close to a city. Now he has been offered Nottingham at AAB, no reductions AAB or nothing. He will struggle to get that but is now thinking is Nottingham a better uni. He's no idea what to do. Aston is a much easier option (it seems).

My concerns are that he likes Aston as it is quiet and the accommodation (halls) are on the doorstep, whereas in Nottingham they are not. But after you leave the halls is the Aston private rents still close? Or are they far
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AH143

Hi there !
I currently study at LJMU and I achieved C business studies , B biology and B chemistry. So yes I think it is possible to study pharmacy with your subjects :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending