The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by srg101
Yeah i firmed them and i got a letter through the post couple weeks later!

whats ur offer if you don'tmind me asking ?

Ah thanks i've emailed them! It's ABB, what's yours?
Original post by randoms132
Hi, I'm a bit late to this thread...
Has anyone firmed KCL? ^.^

Also, does anyone know any threads where we could possibly ask questions to students who already study this course at KCL!
Many thanks! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes!!!! :smile:
Since exams are going so well(!)..

Don't mean to sound a bit pessimistic, but which universities were at clearing last year? I firmed UCL they want AAA (not gonna get it) and Bath want AAB (possibly), but most likely, I think I will get ABB.. :/
Hi everyone, I'm currently a pharmacy student at Durham University. If you have any questions about studying pharmacy at Durham, or about pharmacy in general, feel free to message me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aladdin818
Since exams are going so well(!)..

Don't mean to sound a bit pessimistic, but which universities were at clearing last year? I firmed UCL they want AAA (not gonna get it) and Bath want AAB (possibly), but most likely, I think I will get ABB.. :/

Fair number of Uni's went into clearing. The 2 uni's you have firmed and assured don't go into clearing as far as I know. I have known Bath to accept ABB down from an offer of AAB....mainly for the reason they don't ever enter clearing and wish to fill the space they have avaliable on the course for the specific year. You should be fine in that sense. With UCL I can't really say what they may do if you get ABB as I have no experience of stories of scenarios like yours from that uni.
Is there any specific university you were eyeing up that you hoped may enter clearing?
I would advise anyone planning to attend Bradford to look elsewhere! The new course does not reward consistency. The first 3 years do not count towards the degree and only the 4th year does.

So theoretically you can scrape 40% in the first 3 years and then manage to get 58% in the 4th year and come out with a Merit (2.1)*or you can get a 1st every year and if some unfortunate issue occurs in your final year the degree that you come out with does not represent your performance in the whole 4 years. *

Also they have a 'No resit' policy in 3rd and 4th year for specific exams, that if you fail a particular exam you will have to resit the whole year without a summer resit. One of my friends failed the only written exam by 1 mark and had passed all other final year modules and exams with a 2.1 or a 1st but still has to resit the whole year because of this policy. Theoretically they could have got 100% in all final year exams but if you dont pass one they make u resit the year and cap the module at 40% to devalue the rest of the results!*

If I was you, aim to attend a better uni like Hudds or Manchester/Aston/Nottingham if you have the grades!*
Hey guys, ive firmed liverpool john moores for pharmacy and have been offered BBA, but i think ive achieved BBB/BBC, will i still be accepted. Whats the lowest you have heard people get into ljmu for pharmacy? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by sachinisgod
I would advise anyone planning to attend Bradford to look elsewhere! The new course does not reward consistency. The first 3 years do not count towards the degree and only the 4th year does.

So theoretically you can scrape 40% in the first 3 years and then manage to get 58% in the 4th year and come out with a Merit (2.1)*or you can get a 1st every year and if some unfortunate issue occurs in your final year the degree that you come out with does not represent your performance in the whole 4 years. *

Also they have a 'No resit' policy in 3rd and 4th year for specific exams, that if you fail a particular exam you will have to resit the whole year without a summer resit. One of my friends failed the only written exam by 1 mark and had passed all other final year modules and exams with a 2.1 or a 1st but still has to resit the whole year because of this policy. Theoretically they could have got 100% in all final year exams but if you dont pass one they make u resit the year and cap the module at 40% to devalue the rest of the results!*

If I was you, aim to attend a better uni like Hudds or Manchester/Aston/Nottingham if you have the grades!*

Wow, never knew that! I had a look around and a source says that Bradford classify your final degree based on your 2nd and 3rd year OR entirely the 4th year. Do you get the option of how you would like them to classify it? or is it 4th year solely used to classify the final degree result?

Seems a bit harsh having to work so hard for so little, with such a large margin for uncertainty.
Original post by Jin3011
Wow, never knew that! I had a look around and a source says that Bradford classify your final degree based on your 2nd and 3rd year OR entirely the 4th year. Do you get the option of how you would like them to classify it? or is it 4th year solely used to classify the final degree result?

Seems a bit harsh having to work so hard for so little, with such a large margin for uncertainty.

Nope its ONLY the 4th year as it is the new TBL based course. so its a do or die situation. Hence no reward for consistency.
Anyone no where to apply for accommodation for university of Bradford is it just on the site ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya!
I'm a pharmacy student going into her third year from the university of portsmouth, will answers any questions!
Wishing you guys good luck as you wait for your exam results!
Hey guys so this has been bothering me for awhile now :frown: I did my leaving certificate a couple of weeks ago ( I live in Ireland so its called the leaving certificate) and the exam didn't go as well as I would have liked it to go :frown: especially for chemistry in fact that was the worst exam. Now I am aware that the pharmacy course consist of a lot of chemistry and you will need to be fairly good at the subject and most university require an A-B grade in chemistry but seeing how that exam went..... I'm predicting myself a C. The university that is my firm choice requires me to get all B's in my subjects ( In Ireland we study six subjects). But I just wanted to know how likely it is than a university will still accept someone with a C in chemistry
Reply 3013
hey there thinking of transferring to Portsmouth for pharmacy and just wanted to know if Portsmouth is a good place to go.
Original post by rikiii
hey there thinking of transferring to Portsmouth for pharmacy and just wanted to know if Portsmouth is a good place to go.

I like portsmouth, I have a lot of help for pharmacy and do feel supported, they do have good resources from pharmacy students and good facilities and are happy to help - that's for the majority of lecturers and staff, however some lecturers just care about mainly about their research, just be persistent to get what you want out of them and truly take your degree in your own hands and make sure you stay on top of everything, a lot of lecturers focus mainly on extra reading and your personal formulary (data bank of drugs they want you to learn and engage with) - do that them, it just helps to prep you and achieve higher marks from my personal experience!
Where are you transferring from the by the way?
How is everyone feeling about results day?
Reply 3016
Hi everyone,

I just got an unconditional offer for Reading unversity of pharmacy, I am a french student so i dont really know what to expect,
how are the schedules of classes, how hard is it to succeed from year to year, how is the rating system organized, how are the studies organized ( internships, holidays, exams etc) ??

thankyou very much to anyone who would take the time to answer me
Original post by Jin3011

Our evidence suggests that students perform better in the final year, so by taking the approach we do means that our students are more likely to achieve a better degree at the end.

We do provide excellent support to our students to ensure they progress and achieve their optimal potential. The vast majority of the final year students are awarded their MPharm degree at first attempt. Those few students who don’t succeed first time are fully supported and given the best opportunity to pass at their 2nd attempt.

96% of our students are satisfied with the quality of our course:

UNISTATS

PAUL
Original post by Sexybadman
Anyone no where to apply for accommodation for university of Bradford is it just on the site ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

Yes you do need to apply online. The link to the application form is on this page:

Accommodation

It is a quite straight- forward process but if you need any help please let me know.

PAUL
OSPAP Sunderland 2016 entrants can join this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3805977

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending