The Student Room Group

Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Some of the violent scenes in Boardwalk are rad.
Reply 161
Get back from a long day at uni...

... feels good man
Reply 162
I am really liking Homeland
Yeah, it's good.

Kinda thought it might be a little ridiculous and over the top (ala later Californication/Weeds/etc) given that it's by Showtime but so far it's done been srsbsns. Damian Lewis is brotastic.
Reply 164
From the latest episode of The Good Wife:

What's she been in? Mad Men?
Wow, how I wish I could join your group... except, I love the following shows:

Glee
Heroes
How I Met Your Mother, and
Big Bang Theory.

Really? How could you not like those? Perhaps the first two are a matter of taste, but the latters are SO FUNNY!
Original post by ofssinfoxes
Wow, how I wish I could join your group... except, I love the following shows:

Glee
Heroes
How I Met Your Mother, and
Big Bang Theory.

Really? How could you not like those? Perhaps the first two are a matter of taste, but the latters are SO FUNNY!

It is all average-crappy comedy and you might not realise this until you have watched good quality tv, as i used to like some of the above but then realised it's all really generic in truth.

Heroes was good albeit for season 1 but went downhill from there.
Reply 167
Original post by Pheylan
From the latest episode of The Good Wife:

What's she been in? Mad Men?

HELP
Reply 168
Original post by Pheylan
HELP

mad men, she's in season 4 i think. don goes on a few dates with her, and betty sees them in a restaurant together and gets drunk... she was pretty annoying.

nowt more annoying than seeing a face and not being able to place it!
Reply 169
Original post by popple7
nowt more annoying than seeing a face and not being able to place it!

Definitely. Thanks :h:
Original post by Gob Bluth
It is all average-crappy comedy and you might not realise this until you have watched good quality tv, as i used to like some of the above but then realised it's all really generic in truth.

Heroes was good albeit for season 1 but went downhill from there.

Lol, I never get people who think like that. I watch(ed): Chuck; Gilmore Girls; How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men yet I can appreciate all those shows on the good shows tv list. It's not like they somehow magically cancel each other out.

---

Oh yeah, tommrow's gonna have some good shows (Good wife + Homeland).

Pheylan, you ever heard of 'person of interest'? It came out this year. Good show.
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Lol, I never get people who think like that. I watch(ed): Chuck; Gilmore Girls; How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men yet I can appreciate all those shows on the good shows tv list. It's not like they somehow magically cancel each other out.

---

Oh yeah, tommrow's gonna have some good shows (Good wife + Homeland).

Pheylan, you ever heard of 'person of interest'? It came out this year. Good show.

2 and a half men is possibly the worst written show ever. Lacks any intelligence. Big bang theory and Himym aren't awful but they show average writing. Just one of those thinhs you watch and laugh only a few times in an ep
Reply 172
Anyone disappointed with Dexter so far?
Reply 173
Sons of Anarchy: any good?
Reply 174
Found out one of my tutors watches Breaking Bad. Thinking of drawing this at the end of my next bit of homework:

I want it as a poster.
Reply 177
Just finished watching all 6 seasons The Sopranos. James Gandolfini and Edie Falco :adore:
Has anyone been watching Homeland? I just discovered it today (I was browsing the Showtime site) and have gone and watched the first episode and Damian Lewis is just :sogood: :lol:

I have to admit that Showtime seem to have home run after home run with the shows that they put out... and unlike HBO they have a habit of keeping the shows going and not killing them off in their prime (HBO's Deadwood comes to mind :rant:).

If anyone is looking for good TV, just go with a Showtime Original Series :colone:
Reply 179
Original post by tehFrance
I have to admit that Showtime seem to have home run after home run with the shows that they put out

Disagree. But yeah, we like Homeland ITT

Quick Reply

Latest