The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so fresh
i could have but it would have been pretty useless seeing as i got BBCC for AS ):
but i retook a few modules+courseowork this jan and if all goes well then my AS should be pushed up to AAAC (gunna push the C in physics(dropped) to a B in june)

wbu?
where are you planning on applying?

Ahh nice!!! Oh gosh Physics is so hard I would get like an F if I took it for A level :P

I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge, Durham, Bristol and maybe York or Penisula - not really sure yet - need to go to open days - and if my UMS is low then Oxford instead of Cambridge :P
Original post by Natalie21
Ahh nice!!! Oh gosh Physics is so hard I would get like an F if I took it for A level :P

I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge, Durham, Bristol and maybe York or Penisula - not really sure yet - need to go to open days - and if my UMS is low then Oxford instead of Cambridge :P

cool, Durham and peninsula are 2 of my options also xD
then it would be kings and unsure about the 4th :/
wow wish i got the chance to take geography at the time :O
A-level choices came up so quickly at my school so i had to pick quickly.
I was already set for science and maths so i thought ye might aswell go for physics xd(i did enjoy it alot though)

but i did waste my AS year getting those grades :/ -time to fix it this year!
cool, Durham and peninsula are 2 of my options also xD
then it would be kings and unsure about the 4th :/
wow wish i got the chance to take geography at the time :O
A-level choices came up so quickly at my school so i had to pick quickly.
I was already set for science and maths so i thought ye might aswell go for physics xd(i did enjoy it alot though)

but i did waste my AS year getting those grades :/ -time to fix it this year!

Durham looks amazing but soo far away from me! Still not sure about going to London :/

Geography is soo good - so glad I took it instead of Physics!!

I'm sure you will :biggrin:
Reply 1263
Hey has anyone applied for Nuffield science bursay scheme? :smile:
Original post by Natalie21
Durham looks amazing but soo far away from me! Still not sure about going to London :/

Geography is soo good - so glad I took it instead of Physics!!

I'm sure you will :biggrin:

hopefully!
dont worry young one xD
you dont know how much your mind will change when you get your results in august.
<-From previous experience
hopefully!
dont worry young one xD
you dont know how much your mind will change when you get your results in august.
<-From previous experience

Oh god I'm dreading it - lets hope its changing for good reasons not bad :P !!
Reply 1266
Original post by Pride
I don't think it's worth retaking personally, but what do you think? Do you really like Bristol then?

i am not going to resit it because they have changed the Eng Lang GCSE and i think the deadline to enter for the exam had passed. the reason i wanted to go to Bristol was that it was closer to home! :frown:
Reply 1267
Original post by chiny94
Hey has anyone applied for Nuffield science bursay scheme? :smile:

what is it?
Reply 1268
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
WOO! :woo: Just got a reply form one of the consultants I emailed - might just get my first work exp placement :biggrin:

The consultant emailed me back to say that he has agreed to take me on and directed me to the education department who emailed me the generic application forms etc. Should I email the consultant back to say thank you? I don't want to make him feel as if I'm bothering him?

As you can probably tell, I'm clueless at this.

how did you get the consultants email address? i have no work experience yet for the summer :O need help
Reply 1269
Original post by FuzzBuzz
i am not going to resit it because they have changed the Eng Lang GCSE and i think the deadline to enter for the exam had passed. the reason i wanted to go to Bristol was that it was closer to home! :frown:

ok, so have you been thinking about other places you might apply to?
Ahhh need to find some ECs! Panicking about the "other" side of my application :eek:
Original post by erniiee
Ahhh need to find some ECs! Panicking about the "other" side of my application :eek:

EC?????
i probably know what it is but havent come across EC xd
Reply 1272
EC?????
i probably know what it is but havent come across EC xd

lazy way of saying extra curriculars
Original post by FuzzBuzz
how did you get the consultants email address? i have no work experience yet for the summer :O need help

Some hospitals list their consultants on their website and that's where I found the e-mail address for the consultant I shadowed :smile:
Original post by Pride
lazy way of saying extra curriculars

ahh cool :smile:
what you got in mind?
Reply 1275
ahh cool :smile:
what you got in mind?

what do you mean? which extra curriculars am I thinking about doing?
Original post by Pride
what do you mean? which extra curriculars am I thinking about doing?

yep.
Reply 1277
yep.

umm, well I already volunteer at a red cross charity shop and I work part time on Saturdays. I do some school stuff, hoping to get into one of the peer mentor roles in school too. I won't bother with much else if I'm honest.
Original post by Pride
umm, well I already volunteer at a red cross charity shop and I work part time on Saturdays. I do some school stuff, hoping to get into one of the peer mentor roles in school too. I won't bother with much else if I'm honest.

thats pretty good. Thought about where you are going to apply?
Reply 1279
thats pretty good. Thought about where you are going to apply?

yeah I want to stay in london, 1 bmat uni - probably ucl, definitely kings because that's nearby and I know that place is amazing, that might be my first choice, I'll have to go to some open days before I decide. Then barts and st george's.

what about you? thinking about where you want to apply to yet?

Latest