The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I enjoyed this so I thought I'd share it...

It's been emotional, and it's not over yet...
(edited 12 years ago)
If you guys get Johnson, I'd think you'd let go of Ba possibly. He doesn't look happy at the moment. Are you guys playing 4-3-3 at the moment? I'm surprised he isn't getting any goals, I'd assumed you would've stuck with the 4-4-2.

Imagine a front three of: Johnson---- Cisse ----- HBA

Would be amazing. Does Cabaye play box to box or in the hole? You may want to get the opposite so you have the perfect 4-3-3 midfield as Tiote is a great defensive midfielder.
Reply 3802
Original post by Darth Vader 7
If you guys get Johnson, I'd think you'd let go of Ba possibly. He doesn't look happy at the moment. Are you guys playing 4-3-3 at the moment? I'm surprised he isn't getting any goals, I'd assumed you would've stuck with the 4-4-2.

Imagine a front three of: Johnson---- Cisse ----- HBA

Would be amazing. Does Cabaye play box to box or in the hole? You may want to get the opposite so you have the perfect 4-3-3 midfield as Tiote is a great defensive midfielder.

Ba has been on the left hand side of a 3 man strikeforce. Which has been doing well. Also i think he's carrying an injury. Needs resting for a couple of games imo.

Cabaye is a box to box midfielder. Tiote is the holding one. Guthrie has done well this season but Jonas Guiterrez has played in here brilliantly for a winger. I'm happy with him there. We've got to keep him in the starting 11 because he's such a workhorse.

Infact if Steven Taylor was fit and in for Williamson, I can't think of a single player i'd drop at the minute.
Reply 3803
As a City fan, I wouldn't hesistate in selling AJ for £10 million, he has been awful for ages apart from the WBA match when he actually seemed like he cared and put a shift in.

He never seems to be able to beat his fullback and too often cuts inside to try and curl one in. Granted he does have a wicked left foot one him but it narrows our play and defenders know what to expect.
Reply 3804
£25m for Ben Arfa lol no chance, he could go for £12m max..

The only reason he ended up on the toon was his attitude, but it's clear the lad has matured. He is too good for Newcastle, same talent as Nasri, Benzema & Menez, deserves to be at a better club. I'm sure if he kicks up a fuss in the summer, his agent makes up a few stories and a few big clubs come knocking he will be off.

Hatem is miles ahead of Feo and he would work harder at a better, bigger club, come on Arsene sign him up!
You think we could only get £12 million for a player with 3 years left on his contract and who has played brilliant football for the last few months? To another team in the Premier League as well?

We only got him so cheap because he was unhappy and he had a year left on his contract. No way are we selling any of our big players for cheap because they all have long contracts.
Reply 3806
Newcastle are punching above their weight with Ben Arfa, all he has to do is sulk and demand a move to a champions league club. You only got him because the top clubs felt his attitude was poor, but he has shown maturity at Newcastle. He is ready to represent Les Bleus again and play for a top club (Arsenal)
Original post by Dioufy

The only reason he ended up on the toon was his attitude, but it's clear the lad has matured. He is too good for Newcastle, same talent as Nasri, Benzema & Menez, deserves to be at a better club. I'm sure if he kicks up a fuss in the summer, his agent makes up a few stories and a few big clubs come knocking he will be off.

Hatem is miles ahead of Feo and he would work harder at a better, bigger club, come on Arsene sign him up!

Wenger won't sign him up. Simple. He doesn't even want him. We have enough wingers especially with Podolski coming in.
Reply 3808
Original post by Dioufy
Newcastle are punching above their weight with Ben Arfa, all he has to do is sulk and demand a move to a champions league club. You only got him because the top clubs felt his attitude was poor, but he has shown maturity at Newcastle. He is ready to represent Les Bleus again and play for a top club (Arsenal)

That's one of the funniest posts I've ever read - well done. I only read the last three words though...
Original post by Dioufy

You can't say he has matured, and then suggest he should sulk to engineer a move away from his current club.
Reply 3810
Original post by Dioufy

If anything Ben Arfa was always rated as the most gifted of the 87 generation, he's not exactly fulfilled that potential but he's got the perfect platform to do so now at Newcastle. The run he's on now is the first time he's ever started 6 consecutive games. He's happy, working hard, getting games and playing well there's absolutely no reason why he'd move let alone to Arsenal.
Original post by TheGrandmaster
I enjoyed this so I thought I'd share it...

It's been emotional, and it's not over yet...

ahah. Nice. I love the song choice. "It's always darkest before the dawn," sums up the last few years perfectly really. :tongue:

I'm sure we're the only club in the country who could ever be relegated and then qualify for the Champions League 3 years later. :lol:
Reply 3812
@Darth Vader, We have Feo who wants to be a striker, Yoa Kouassi Gervinho who goes to africa next year & Oxo who is better in CM. I wouldn't say we have "enough wingers", nothing on the level of Hatem, Wenger is a massive fan of the boy so you never know.

@MrPhil, Are we not a big club in England? champions league football on the spin since 98/99 season, always in the top 4, not a top club in england? you sure pal?

@Abbadon27, Many top players try and engineer moves to better clubs or to increase their pay, don't think maturity comes into the equation..

Anyway I don't want to make the Newcastle thread about Arsenal, you guys have had a great season, I have enjoyed watching Tiote, Cabeye, Colo, Ben Arfa, Ba & Cisse and would like to see the geordie circus grace europe again. I fondly remember Ginola against Fenesvaros, Tino against Barcelona, Bellamy & Shearer in the champions league and your waifer cup exit under Souness lool
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Stu Laverty
Lifelong toon fan too, but he'd probably demand ridiculous wages.

Where'd you hear he was up for sale?

SSN mate.
Reply 3814
Original post by Dioufy

Will you just **** off you scrote.

You've got Gervinho... :lol:

Oh wait, he's ****e.
Reply 3815
Not going to lie, I rate Adam Johnson very highly indeed.
Criminally underrated and one of the best English wingers at the moment although that admittedly isn't worth that much anymore. :teehee:

I would be like...

With the trio of Johnson, HBA and Cisse...
Reply 3816
Harry Redknapp talking about our players again... :facepalm2:

Apparently he had the chance to sign Ben Arfa, but he wouldn't have got in the team or something or whatever yawn blah blah blah.

Droopy-face needs to be learn to be quiet, especially with his team crumbling.
Reply 3817
It's a nothing quote:

""The boy at Newcastle's a good player as well, he's a talent, Ben Arfa. He's similar, another good little dribbler.

"We probably could have had him as well, but you can't take everyone can you?""

We probably could have had him that doesn't even indicate Tottenham even attempted to sign him.
Reply 3818
Original post by Dioufy

Why an earth would we sell one of our best players for £12m? Are you actually that ****ing stupid?

Newcastle have a chance of qualifying for the champions league. Why would he bother to 'kick up a fuss' to engineer a move to Arsenal who are only a few points better off.

Mike Ashley will not sell a top player unless it's for stupid money. Hence why HBA, Colla, Tiote and Krul are tied down to long term contracts.

Plus HBA is loving the Toon. He has said numerous times that he's delighted living up here and obviously the french contingent help,

£12m. hahahahahahahahahahaha. Your a funny guy!
Reply 3819
Just my opinion, as someone mentioned Hatem was regarded as the most talented from the 87 French bunch, he is better than Newcastle and with the agent and player gunning for a move I believe £12m could do it.

I genuinely believe you guys have one more season with Tiote, Cabeye & Hatem before the big clubs come calling. I think you will qualify for the Europa League, playing on Thurs-Sun will hamper your league progress next season and you will finish outside the European places, end up trophy less and at least two out of those three will depart.

Latest