The Student Room Group

Bulgarian Society

Scroll to see replies

Wow this has failed.
Reply 81
but why? there are too many bulgarian students in the UK that I know ..
Reply 82
I'm BULGARIAN <3 Yayy, a Bulgarian society!
Reply 83
Anyone here? :smile:
Reply 84
^ Да !
Zdrasti! =)
Reply 86
How are everyone doing ? Where are you applying, what offers have you got so far etc ?!
Doing great, no offers so far, I feel like I've already been rejected by all. :biggrin: What about you?
Reply 88
One offer, from Hull ... I've sent my application on 6th December, then there was winter holidays, so it was a wait. Fortunately there's no rejections so far ^^ !

But the offer I was given from Hull is kind of high for me - 5,70 on the Diploma ... Where are you from, if it doesn't bother you, and where are you applying ?!
I'm from Varna. How about you?
And I'm waiting for decision from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Warwick and Nottingham. I also expect very high conditions, which demotivates me further besides the lack of offers so far (no rejects yet though). =)
Where did you apply to (and what for)? Congrats on your Hull offer by the way. =)
Reply 90
Thanks ; ) ! I applied mostly for Law with language - Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Hull and Dundee.

Edinburgh and Aberdeen - very high risk
About Strathclyde, obviously it's a good uni and not that easy to get into but I couldn't find any Bulgarians who have applied there previous years. So it was a shot in the dark.
I've put Dundee because I hope for lower conditions about the Diploma so I could insurance them.
Obviously I'm on the right track with Hull and it turned out to be wise choice.

Btw, I'm from BS.
I know someone from Strath and they think it's a really nice place, they're not with Law though. I've heard that Strath have the same conditions as Aberdeen and Edinburgh for Law, but honestly I don't know what to expect this year (since probably more people are applying for Scotland).
Good luck with your choices =). Which one would you like most?
I have my fingers crossed for Edinburgh, but from what I've read, they aren't very keen on accepting Bulgarians anymore :biggrin: .
Nice to hear from someone in a neighbour city. =)

/Някаква причина ли има да не използваме български? :rolleyes: /
Reply 92
Hi guys! :smile: I've also applied for Strathclyde and Aberdeen, not Law though.
Good luck with your applications! Hope our waiting will be worth it!! :smile:

Oh, I'm also from BS..where are you studying? :biggrin:
Reply 93
Zdraveite :biggrin:
I'm glad we have a society.

I'm getting so nervous. I sent off my application on 24th of October and have only two offers so far. Well, it's good I don't have rejections but I'm going insane. I want answers, now!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cvety
Zdraveite :biggrin:
I'm glad we have a society.

I'm getting so nervous. I sent off my application on 24th of October and have only two offers so far. Well, it's good I don't have rejections but I'm going insane. I want answers, now!

Where did you apply to?
Reply 95
Original post by Land of Nod
Where did you apply to?

York, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. (for Genetics)
I have offers from Liverpool which wants Diploma of 5.25 and Glasgow - 5.60. Liverpool's condition is pretty low so I think it'll be my insurance in case York or Edinburgh offer me a place :biggrin:

Do you have any idea when we should apply for a fee loan? Some people say that we can apply as soon as we choose our firm and insurance but other's opinion is that we apply when the offer changes to unconditional which means around the beginning of July.
Original post by cvety

Do you have any idea when we should apply for a fee loan? Some people say that we can apply as soon as we choose our firm and insurance but other's opinion is that we apply when the offer changes to unconditional which means around the beginning of July.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/StudentsFromOtherEUCountries/DG_10035219

It's stated here that we should apply from April 2012 till May 2013. =) If you get any new information about the loans, please share, because that's all I know.
Good luck with the offers! =) (All Bulgarians are waiting for Edinburgh :biggrin: )
Reply 97
Original post by Land of Nod
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/StudentsFromOtherEUCountries/DG_10035219

It's stated here that we should apply from April 2012 till May 2013. =) If you get any new information about the loans, please share, because that's all I know.
Good luck with the offers! =) (All Bulgarians are waiting for Edinburgh :biggrin: )

Actually, I prefer York. I'm in love with this place. I wish I could attend an open day.

Just out of curiosity, what are your predicted grades? And what have you choosen for your second Matriculation exam?
Reply 98
My first choice is Edinburgh too, although Strathclyde wouldn't be bad either.

Cvety, I'm really jealous for that low offer : P !

Btw, all my classmates (me and three others) are choosing English for matura. So everyone are like "you're first foreign language is French and you're choosing English oO (romance languages school).

The rest of my friends (from different schools) who are applying are choosing the subject their schools is proficient at (математическа гимназия - математика, руска - руски). I guess we're some kind of exception xD !
Reply 99
Tоку-що проверих правилата. беше ми се забило в главата, че когато се използва чужд език трябва да се дава превод, а аз го намирам за дразнещо (да превеждам на английски, това което съм казал на български). та, оказа се, че това правило не важи за този форум, така че, скъпи сънародници, ако искате можем да продължим на родния ни език : ) ?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending