The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joverbena
Thankyou! I've sent the email to confirm my attendance and asked for the reading list, hoping they have it in a document to email me rather than posting.. if I get it I'll paste it for you. Best of luck to you and everybody else whose applied to Brighton .. So for me that's 2 interviews (brighton + wimbledon) and 1 rejection(CSM) so far, just got chelsea and goldsmiths to get back.

Was your interview for painting?!
Ahhh ignore that sorry! Didn't read your other post
Original post by Soares
Especially when you know some people have already had replies :frown:

I know!

I heard back from Slade days ago, which I know others are yet to hear from. But I really just want to know the situation with the others.

CSM interviews are only in a weeks time.. So it would be nice if they let us know soon!
Original post by apretentiousartist
I know!

I heard back from Slade days ago, which I know others are yet to hear from. But I really just want to know the situation with the others.

CSM interviews are only in a weeks time.. So it would be nice if they let us know soon!

Sorry to pry but for Slade was it an e-mail and was it an interview?
I know!

Did you get an interview??
I know!

Congratulations! Did you apply for the BA or BFA?

Still waiting for Slade. :colonhash:
Reply 646
I know!

So, did you hear back from Slade positive or negatory? You don't say.

For the person who posted about Falmouth the other day: I did apply there too, but don't expect anything newswise for a while ( they say late March), but in all honesty, with my other offers, it's probably a no from me. It does seem a bit harsh to upload portfolio in December and then hear nothing for 3 months.

Like they are waiting for the people with no offers............yet.
Reply 647
Original post by doodlekin
So, did you hear back from Slade positive or negatory? You don't say.

For the person who posted about Falmouth the other day: I did apply there too, but don't expect anything newswise for a while ( they say late March), but in all honesty, with my other offers, it's probably a no from me. It does seem a bit harsh to upload portfolio in December and then hear nothing for 3 months.

Like they are waiting for the people with no offers............yet.

where are your other offers doodlekin
Just curious, for those who have applied for art colleges in London do you live near, I dont unfortunately which makes this waiting really rubbish as I have to think about train tickets and such
Original post by OliviaBambrough
Just curious, for those who have applied for art colleges in London do you live near, I dont unfortunately which makes this waiting really rubbish as I have to think about train tickets and such

yes i do
the only one i need to worry about is brighton
Original post by OliviaBambrough

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm in Kingston so yeah, only about 20-30 minutes away from London.
I've heard back negatively from Goldsmiths, yet they seem to still be emailing me about studying there in 2012, very odd ha. I received the rejection email on Friday.

But I have an interview for the Slade, I received the email Thursday afternoon and I also have an interview for CSM and I received the email Wednesday morning.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hardlifeartstudent
I've heard back negatively from Goldsmiths, yet they seem to still be emailing me about studying there in 2012, very odd ha. I received the rejection email on Friday.

But I have an interview for the Slade, I received the email Thursday afternoon and I also have an interview for CSM and I received the email Wednesday morning.

So much congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about Goldsmiths; always strange to me that someone qualified for one course does not seem to quality for even interview for another course. :/ It's really a confounding lottery.

Do you have any online portfolio to have a look at? :tongue:
Reply 653
Hi!

I've applied at Falmouth, Plymouth and Brighton for 3D design courses and Bristol for drawing and applied arts. So far I've got interviews for all except Brighton, who I'm still waiting to hear from.(they asked for an online portfolio. Don't know if that's good or not! ^^:wink:

The only thing is, I don't have a foundation course. I'm 19 in April (college screwed me over with my art course so I had to re-take the year.) so I'd have to pay for my foundation course. My learning coach advised me to just apply straight to uni, and that's what I'm doing.

I'm just a little worried. What's the chances of me getting in without a foundation course? Or am I just panicking for no reason? I've got good grades, I've already completed my History and English Lit A levels and got Bs and I'm predicted an A in my Art A Level, so I don't know if that helps.

(Also partly, I really really want to get away from home as soon as possible, so uni looked pretty darn nice.)

I think I just need some advice. :frown:

I've also got my interview at Plymouth on Wednesday! Eeek! Any tips? :/

Thank you! <33
Original post by Princeling
So much congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about Goldsmiths; always strange to me that someone qualified for one course does not seem to quality for even interview for another course. :/ It's really a confounding lottery.

Do you have any online portfolio to have a look at? :tongue:

I have no idea whether this is true, but my tutors used to say that if you applied for 2 or 3 London art courses and got an interview for one, the chances were you wouldn't get interviews for the others - apparently they work together or something?
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
I have no idea whether this is true, but my tutors used to say that if you applied for 2 or 3 London art courses and got an interview for one, the chances were you wouldn't get interviews for the others - apparently they work together or something?

that is weiiiiiird
i doubt UAL works in the same way, maybe slade and goldsmiths..
Original post by Ham_Sandwich

Wow, what?! o_O I've never heard this information anywhere. Art universities don't work together, they COMPETE against each other, haha. This would be incredibly unfair in any case, but I'm pretty sure it's not true as I have interviews for both Goldsmiths and Chelsea. :redface: It's just that the different unis have different outlooks - Goldsmiths tends to look for a certain type of student and Chelsea's much more open in that sense, etc. :smile:
Wow, what?! o_O I've never heard this information anywhere. Art universities don't work together, they COMPETE against each other, haha. This would be incredibly unfair in any case, but I'm pretty sure it's not true as I have interviews for both Goldsmiths and Chelsea. :redface: It's just that the different unis have different outlooks - Goldsmiths tends to look for a certain type of student and Chelsea's much more open in that sense, etc. :smile:

Yeah I think it's weird too (and I did wonder if they were trying to cheer up the people who got Slade rejections) but they told us over and over again throughout the year :confused:

I REALLLYYY need to ring up Chelsea, i've only recieved an email telling me they were reviewing my application and that was yonks ago, hope they havent forgotton about me ! booo :frown:
Firstly- Well Done everyone on offers!!
Has anyone heard of anybody with a rejection from Slade? I'm worried now that they've sent out all the interview letters... :frown: Ahhhh!!! My emails are going to be updated every minute tomorrow!!!

Quick Reply

Latest