The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 1 January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by raheem94
I will advice you to retake. I am in a similar position as you, i got 98/120 in unit 1 which i am disgusted about. However, i only prepared in the last 2-3 days. Will probably be retaking it in june.

You have dropped 26 marks at unit 1 which isn't good for an A* student. I got an A* in chemistry last year and dropped only 28marks out of 600, and all papers were first attempts. So dropping 22 marks in one paper is extremely disappointing for me.

If you think you can get an A* than repeat it, unit 1 doesn't requires much preparation and getting A* in A2 units and doing poorly at AS doesn't looks good.

Good luck :smile:

Still pretty good though 98 is an A. Dropping 28 marks out of 600 you monster! :eek: Yeah I can get an A next time this paper was just unlucky for me (sounds pathetic but it's true).

Thanks good luck to you too!
Original post by uttamo
Still pretty good though 98 is an A. Dropping 28 marks out of 600 you monster! :eek: Yeah I can get an A next time this paper was just unlucky for me (sounds pathetic but it's true).

Thanks good luck to you too!

Are you aiming for A* or A?
98/120, an A. Happy given that it was the hardest exam I've ever sat.
Reply 243
Are you aiming for A* or A?

A* but I meant A for the paper cos you can only get a max of A.
Original post by uttamo
A* but I meant A for the paper cos you can only get a max of A.

Lets hope both of us get an A* :smile:.
I only got a c, with 80 on the results sheet, so kinda disappointed. Does anyone know what you needed for a B?
Reply 246
Original post by AGrumpyMole
I only got a c, with 80 on the results sheet, so kinda disappointed. Does anyone know what you needed for a B?

Any tips for my resit? :biggrin:

And, I left the question which asked to find the volume (wind farms) and used value from the question to do other ones. And after that, I did that question. Are the questions I'd done further with given value still counted?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 247
Lets hope both of us get an A* :smile:.

Haha yeah thanks you too
Original post by Dog4444

Any tips for my resit? :biggrin:

And, I left the question which asked to find the volume (wind farms) and used value from the question to do other ones. And after that, I did that question. Are the questions I'd done further with given value still counted?

I did the exact same thing, and I got an A, so I suppose yes.
Reply 249
I got unexpected 120 ums!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending