The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Original post by jasqur
I loved st andrews when I visited for the interview, the place is quite unique! Do you think we will hear tomorrow? The wait is unbearable :frown:

From my understanding after talking to admissions last week, all decisions are processed in batches. These DO NOT relate to interview date. Ukcat or other factor, seems to be pure luck which pile you have been put into. Since they reply individually to all aplicant, it seems only fair that they take a bit longer to process, unlike Glasgow who seem to be chancing their arm a bit. No news is good news and we all (who are still awaiting) just need to sit tight till decision day - easier said than done, all my friends believe me to have turned into a 27year old gibbering wreck!
Reply 1481
Original post by gh70
From my understanding after talking to admissions last week, all decisions are processed in batches. These DO NOT relate to interview date. Ukcat or other factor, seems to be pure luck which pile you have been put into. Since they reply individually to all aplicant, it seems only fair that they take a bit longer to process, unlike Glasgow who seem to be chancing their arm a bit. No news is good news and we all (who are still awaiting) just need to sit tight till decision day - easier said than done, all my friends believe me to have turned into a 27year old gibbering wreck!

27? Are you a graduate? (I don't mean to be rude, I'm genuinely interested :smile: )

At least we know that this is the last week of waiting! Good luck to everyone that hasn't heard back yet :smile: Whoever ends up going, I'll see you there! :biggrin:
Reply 1482
Original post by Blobefish
Are you a first time applicant? :biggrin:

Yes, you?
Reply 1483
Original post by gh70

I suppose no news is good news at least for now! haha
Reply 1484
Original post by KCosmo
27? Are you a graduate? (I don't mean to be rude, I'm genuinely interested :smile: )

At least we know that this is the last week of waiting! Good luck to everyone that hasn't heard back yet :smile: Whoever ends up going, I'll see you there! :biggrin:

Haha - yes I'm an old fart graduate (doing my bsc microbiology). Thankfully the waiting has been made easier by the Aberdeen offer I got this morning! I know I'm in so any other offers is a major bonus and will simply make my decision harder!
Original post by jasqur
Yes, you?

Same :biggrin: agg this waiting is killing me, but it will worth it in the end :biggrin: (i hope XD)
just got rejected :frown:
i guess that means a gap year for me
Reply 1487
Original post by tetraaqua

Aw I know how it feels, but tbh a gap year is a blessing in disguise, it gives you a chance to do something that you wouldn't have done otherwise. I only pray that I don't have to take a second one!
Original post by tetraaqua

Sorry to hear you've been rejected but honestly it's not the worst thing that can happen. Enjoy your gap year and come back a stronger applicant next time. Loads of us reapplicants got offers this year.
Reply 1489
CONDITIONAL!!! SO SO EXCITED!!! Need to get a 2:1! UCAS email received at 3:18pm :smile:
Reply 1490
CONDITIONAL!!!!!!!!!! Need to get a 2.1 in my bsc, so chuffing excited!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1491
Conditional :biggrin: Heard about 15 mins ago!
Well done to all those with offers :smile:

Sorry to those who're going to have to take a gap year ): I've now got used to the idea of a year out - hey, if nothing else, it's a break from school work! I've sat back for a week thinking about it, and I'm already starting to see it as a blessing in disguise. Just grab all opportunities that come your way and come back with a stronger application next year.

Gap year power!
Reply 1493
Rejection :frown: I'm obviously gutted, don't know what else I can do as 2nd time applying... I tempted to give them a heartfelt email haha.

Scottish graduate.
Reply 1494
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Well done to all those with offers :smile:
Sorry to those who're going to have to take a gap year ): I've now got used to the idea of a year out - hey, if nothing else, it's a break from school work! I've sat back for a week thinking about it, and I'm already starting to see it as a blessing in disguise. Just grab all opportunities that come your way and come back with a stronger application next year.
Gap year power!

I would reccomend a gap year to anyone, even although im sitting with 3 rejections and awaiting st andews decision, thats still far better than i did last year. I'm already half planning my next year out.
Best advice for the Gap year would be to dinfinetly get a job in some kinda clinical setting, i've done care work for the past 7 months and its been amazing. Find out exactly why you were unsuccessful this time round, be a little pushy if you have to be and apply according to your strengths next time. Have something to look forward to, travelling for example, i'm heading off to austraila/papua new guinea in 2 weeks to help indigeneous tribes ( ahhhhh can't wait !! :biggrin: ). Last but not least have fun ! it is allowed at 18/19 :biggrin:

Just realised you were still waiting on st andrews as well, good luck :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by baztech
Rejection :frown: I'm obviously gutted, don't know what else I can do as 2nd time applying... I tempted to give them a heartfelt email haha.

Scottish graduate.

Sorry to hear you got rejected the whole thing is depressing. Looks like they are making conditional offers now to grads (not good for me :redface:). I'm still waiting to hear
Good luck maybe Glasgow will come through for you:smile:
Reply 1496
Original post by gh70
CONDITIONAL!!!!!!!!!! Need to get a 2.1 in my bsc, so chuffing excited!!!!!!!!!!

wow CONGRATS! :biggrin:
Reply 1497
Original post by baztech

Scottish graduate.

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

Have you heard from anywhere else?
I've already firmed but can a current student please tell me a little more about the third year part to "choose to conduct either a research or library project or special study module"?

Thanks
Reply 1499
How many more offers.. if any are there to go :s-smilie: does anyone know???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending