The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7520
Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Saturday's trip to face QPR at Loftus Road.

on Laurent Koscielny…
Normally he will back. He has a test with the team later today. But he had one yesterday and it looks positive. It is 90 per cent yes. So at QPR it should be the same squad.

on Abou Diaby…
There was a little pain in training yesterday so we will not expose him. It is nothing serious, we are just being cautious.

arsenal.com

A 3 match ban is pretty excessive. What the heck?! What did Wenger even do, wanted to have words with the ref after the match??
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheInvincibles14
French NT front four:

..Ben Arfa................Nasri................Ribery......
............................Benzema........................

:coma: :coma:

Valbuena > Ben Arfa

I mean, I would even prefer to have Gourcouff or Menez in my team. Ben Arfa is too selfish, has a very bad shots-to-goal ratio, fades away in games way too easily and fails to make simple passess when under pressure. All he has going for him is his flair for the spectacular and the fancy skills.
Original post by nosaer

A 3 match ban is pretty excessive. What the heck?! What did Wenger even do, wanted to have words with the ref after the match??

UEFA has a thing against him and generally any manager who questions the referee correctly.
UEFA are a joke, everyone knows that.
Reply 7524
Original post by In2deep
UEFA has a thing against him and generally any manager who questions the referee correctly.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/03/wenger-only-banned-despite-uefa-calls-for-beheading/

:rofl:
Original post by In2deep
Valbuena > Ben Arfa

I mean, I would even prefer to have Gourcouff or Menez in my team. Ben Arfa is too selfish, has a very bad shots-to-goal ratio, fades away in games way too easily and fails to make simple passess when under pressure. All he has going for him is his flair for the spectacular and the fancy skills.

There's a reason why Wenger said "Ben Arfa is the best talent we have in France". Have you seen his most recent display? the guy was immense. You should reserve judgement till he gets a run of games (which will probably happen now) and then we'll see how good he really is.
By the way, does Platini hate Wenger? there has to be a reason for him receiving all these harsh punishments.
UEfa/Fifa hate anything to do with the premier league tbh.
lol wtf is going on in dortmund vs stuttgart
Original post by antonfigo

Woke up at 5am this morning, I thought I was too tired for the game so I decided to give it a miss. I ended up messing about for +1hr so I didn't go to sleep and I missed a cracker..

Not a great result for BVB especially when you consider their next three games but at least they got a point :dontknow:
Original post by antonfigo

A non-Premier league game that was entertaining? That's not possible!

Original post by In2deep
Woke up at 5am this morning, I thought I was too tired for the game so I decided to give it a miss. I ended up messing about for +1hr so I didn't go to sleep and I missed a cracker..

Not a great result for BVB especially when you consider their next three games but at least they got a point :dontknow:

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live bro?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7532

:eyeball:
Original post by gunit123
:eyeball:

I believe the mental strength that Gibbs has shown there is admirable.

:tongue:
Reply 7535
Would you guys rather see Gibbs or Santos start tomorrow?

Personally, if he is 100% match fit, then I'd rather see Santos. He's a more potent attacking force and his positioning is (just a little bit) better than Gibbs.
Reply 7536
Original post by J.Star
Would you guys rather see Gibbs or Santos start tomorrow?

Personally, if he is 100% match fit, then I'd rather see Santos. He's a more potent attacking force and his positioning is (just a little bit) better than Gibbs.

Santos, for basically the same reasons. :yep:
Reply 7537
Original post by Abiraleft
Santos, for basically the same reasons. :yep:

Do you think Wenger will start him? He's just come back from injury and especially as the Bac-Kos-Verm-Gibbs back four has been so solid recently.

I reckon he'll probably come on a a sub like he did in the Aston Villa game.
Reply 7538
Original post by J.Star
Do you think Wenger will start him? He's just come back from injury and especially as the Bac-Kos-Verm-Gibbs back four has been so solid recently.

I reckon he'll probably come on a a sub like he did in the Aston Villa game.

Hasn't he been in full training for about two weeks now? If I remember correctly, he was a sub in our last two games. I would think he'd be fit to start by now. Whether Wenger would think starting him would significantly affect our new-found defensive solidity may be a more pertinent question; though I wouldn't really say Gibbs has looked especially important to that solidity in the last couple of games. :dontknow:
Reply 7539
Santos didn't look match fit to me in the Villa game. Wenger will definitely start with Gibbs I reckon.

Latest