The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2012 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mega Nerd
Yep, I did :biggrin: I have it as my firm choice :biggrin: how about you?

YSJ are my firm!! :biggrin:
Original post by thompsonic7
I've firmed YSJ for 3-7 and I know a few people on TSR have firmed it for 5-11.

I have firmed for 5-11 :biggrin: Can't wait!
Original post by laurabadleg
I have firmed for 5-11 :biggrin: Can't wait!

Woo :smile: We should have our own YSJ Primary Ed thread on here, there are so many of us!
For those with MMU interviews - did you have to accept the invitation on UCAS first before getting more info on the interview day?
Just got a conditional offer from York St John for the 5-11 course! Now I just have to decide between Gloucestershire and York...
Original post by laurabadleg
YSJ are my firm!! :biggrin:

I'm doing 3-7 :smile: do you know what accommodation you want yet? I have no idea! Haha.

x
I have just accepted MMU as my CF on UCAS and now I need to sort out my accommodation,
I am doing a Primary Education course on the Didsbury Campus but i do not want to stay in the Broomhurst halls, i dont fancy being catered for or sharing bathrooms,
I have being told that the next closest halls would be in all saints as the bus stops are close and they are regular but i havent seen any of them and i dont know which is the best to go for?
Is anybody else going to the didsbury campus but not stopping at broomhurst. I am starting to panic now and dont know if i have made a mistake putting MMU as my CF as i dont know if the accommodation is going to be good for me!
HELP PLEASE!
Just firmed YSJ!
Reply 1488
Original post by fishp00
some courses are still recruiting for BA Primary-Huddersfield do as they have been given extra numbers for getting an Outstanding in all aspects in their Ofsted... Good luck

Hi, can I just ask how you know that about huddersfield? I've looked on their website but can't see anything. Do they have extra spaces for this year? Do you know their numbers now?
Thanks
Hi, sorry for the late reply....
Yeah I had to order mine off Amazon! Yeah that would be fine I should think, and I think it might be an idea to actually have the translation there with you if that's what you're going to do?
As long as you can explain what you would do with it and how it would be effective you'll be okay :smile:

Original post by ashbashboyd
I don't have any books in french, however I was already considering bringing in a normal story book, however choosing a fairly basic one and explaining how i could then adapt it to a french lesson? Do you think that would be okay?

Many Thanks x
Sorrrrry I didn't see this!
Its really nice, I think it's just right because its not massive and its got a good mix between old and modern. The town itself is really historic and old and aspects of that you can see in the Uni but then parts of the Uni and accomodation are brand new. Worth an application :smile:

Original post by --Lauren
Well done on getting your offer!! What is Winchester like? ? xx
Reply 1491
What happens if you dont get any offers from the universities?
I got rejected from 3 of them out of 5, i have an interview at MMU soon and i havent heard from winchester at all and I'm starting to freak out as I really wanted to get a placement from Gloucestershire :frown:
Do you go on clearing if you dont get any offers or wait another year?!
Reply 1492
Original post by laurenmartin92
Sorrrrry I didn't see this!
Its really nice, I think it's just right because its not massive and its got a good mix between old and modern. The town itself is really historic and old and aspects of that you can see in the Uni but then parts of the Uni and accomodation are brand new. Worth an application :smile:

ahh sounds lovely!! have put an application in but haven't heard back yet...! x
Has anyone put MMU, Crewe as their firm choice? :smile:
Original post by jicjax
What happens if you dont get any offers from the universities?

Do you go on clearing if you dont get any offers or wait another year?!

Don't panic just yet - no news is good news!

Just in case, as someone who has been through Clearing, I would recommend have a think about it all first, and all the options that would be available to you. Talk to your teachers about what to do if you don't get in, definitely. They will be there to support you when your grades come through as well.

I had offers, but missed out on grades. This is going to sound arrogant and I don't mean it to, but wasn't expecting to not get in! I had no preparation and panicked, so accepted a few places through Clearing. However, you only get so long to firmly accept a Clearing place - depending on the uni it could be as little as 48 hours. So I rushed my decision. Bad idea. I went to a uni through Clearing for a year and didn't like it, so dropped out, had a year out and now I'm at a uni I love :-)

I will say, though, a lot people go through Clearing and love where they end up, I was just unlucky. Maybe accept some Clearing places if it comes to that, and think before accepting any. You can always turn them down and have a gap year. Just think about what you would like to do - work, travel, go through Clearing - talk to people, be prepared and don't rush any decisions.

Besides, I'm sure you'll get an offer from MMU or Winchester soon :-) Good luck!
And I'm sorry for rambling on!
i hope everyone has got offers from where they want to go :biggrin: its coming round fast! xxx
Roehampton interview

Has anyone been? What's it like?! (also, anyone going there soon?)

Got mine coming up, so nervous :s-smilie:

What's the Roehampton teaching task like?
Original post by JessicaBAtkinson
Aww yay no nottingham is great though!! :smile: My name is jess :smile: which accomodation do you think you're going to stay in??

yeah just firmed NTU! :smile: i'm hannah :P thinking about new halls! wbu?
Reply 1498
Hiya

I've just firmed Greenwich, is anyone else going there?
I also got offers from Roehampton and MMU so if anyone wants help with interviews etc more than happy to help out.

Good luck everyone :smile:
Ive just firmed Chester for Bed primary education is anyone else going there next year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest