The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5560
Haha well you are only in Coventry... weather is pretty awful though :frown:
Original post by Bathwiggle

I actually went pillion for the first time since the tt, with someone other than pet

his bike is better than boris's, however the chain needs replacing.

didn't :P it's about 11 miles away

with the amount he eats? it's cheaper for mummy to pay (see earlier spoilt children comments)

:gasp: How traumatised was he after?

That's not hard and you don't say :tongue:

Where'd you sleep then?

Surely children shouldn't be allowed that much independence :dontknow:

Original post by F4LL3N

I rode it briefly, very low !! Didn't affect me as much as I thought it would though, its nice :smile:

There's a reason for that! :tongue: Of course Tabitha is nice. My gear lever is still iffy though, what can I spray at it?
Reply 5562
Original post by Lantana

There's a reason for that! :tongue: Of course Tabitha is nice. My gear lever is still iffy though, what can I spray at it?

Lol is there really? Yeah it is a bit iffy... although I only noticed it in the lower gears? Mmm you could try some WD40, but otherwise might just need adjusting.
Original post by F4LL3N
Haha well you are only in Coventry... weather is pretty awful though :frown:

dry here
Reply 5564
Original post by Boristhethird
dry here

I hope it is tomorrow/Sunday. It has been awful down in London...
Reply 5565
Original post by F4LL3N
That would be ridiculous.... lol :tongue: I'll aim to leave around 8.30, but think we might be going to sort out wiggle's brother first. Will see how I feel lol :biggrin:

The freezer woke me up at 1am :mad:

im an hour away by motorway, but they are silly things.

gonna see how early i can leave and aim for earlier (so when i get lost its not a problem :tongue:)

I've been to Coventry before. I don't remember much about the route though.
Original post by F4LL3N
I hope it is tomorrow/Sunday. It has been awful down in London...

i know, i was delivering pizzas in it :pinch:
raining now though

Original post by Juno

I've been to Coventry before. I don't remember much about the route though.

i cant find a remotly fun one that takes less then 3 hours :frown:

dual carriage ways/motorways it is then.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5567

Uh, there's country roads near my house you can go if that's classed as fun?
Original post by Juno
Uh, there's country roads near my house you can go if that's classed as fun?

yeah, just motorways are boring.
Original post by F4LL3N
Lol is there really? Yeah it is a bit iffy... although I only noticed it in the lower gears? Mmm you could try some WD40, but otherwise might just need adjusting.

Tried that already - it helped and now it's as bad as it was before
After a pretty wet week in london, and watching all my 'wanabe biker' friends suffer. I'm thinking about getting a refund on my CBT.

Just wondering if i was to do my test after jan2013... how many more tests and also how much more money would i have to spend compared to the tradition mod1 + mod2.
Reply 5571
Original post by DWC
Im not experienced with Piaggio but the usual mods apply everywhere i.e exhaust, airbox, drive rollers

Some scooters have a restrictor on the drive pulley that you just take out.

However if its running like a dream maybe just enjoy it :smile:

Ok, this is a bit of a long story. I've had the actual bike since my 16th birthday, i basically used it everyday for college an work. Even after i got a car i still kept it running to save petrol. But, on my way home from work for there is a big hill that i would try to max the bike on everytime. After i removed the restricter (or whatever its called) i would regularly see 45+mph on this big hill. But on one run home i blew the engine. The bike was sat in one of our barns until 2 weeks ago when i decided to get it up and running. I went to a breakers yard and bought another Piaggio Zip of a similar age that i could strip for parts. As one of my brothers works on bikes for a living and we stripped the bike for all its running gear (it had been in a crash and all of the bodywork was ruined, but the running gear was in top nick) and put it into mine. I wanted to get it going for a bit of fun and to save me using the car on short journeys. This time round i thought that i would modify it as much as i could for as little money as i could. It won't matter massively if it blows up again because then i'll scrap it and get a 125.
Original post by M4LLY
Ok, this is a bit of a long story. I've had the actual bike since my 16th birthday, i basically used it everyday for college an work. Even after i got a car i still kept it running to save petrol. But, on my way home from work for there is a big hill that i would try to max the bike on everytime. After i removed the restricter (or whatever its called) i would regularly see 45+mph on this big hill. But on one run home i blew the engine. The bike was sat in one of our barns until 2 weeks ago when i decided to get it up and running. I went to a breakers yard and bought another Piaggio Zip of a similar age that i could strip for parts. As one of my brothers works on bikes for a living and we stripped the bike for all its running gear (it had been in a crash and all of the bodywork was ruined, but the running gear was in top nick) and put it into mine. I wanted to get it going for a bit of fun and to save me using the car on short journeys. This time round i thought that i would modify it as much as i could for as little money as i could. It won't matter massively if it blows up again because then i'll scrap it and get a 125.

Tbh there's barely anything you can do to mod a 50cc bike like that. The engine isn't designed to make any more power and the only things that will make any real difference is like boring it out but then you need to buy new bigger pistons.

Tbh i'd sell it as a working bike and just buy a 125....
im an hour away by motorway, but they are silly things.

gonna see how early i can leave and aim for earlier (so when i get lost its not a problem :tongue:)

lost is fun :biggrin: LO doesn't get lost

Original post by Lantana
:gasp: How traumatised was he after?

That's not hard and you don't say :tongue:

Where'd you sleep then?

Surely children shouldn't be allowed that much independence :dontknow:

Apparently he didn't see what the problem was

got a lift home

whats that :tongue:

pink paint :biggrin:
Reply 5574
Original post by Motorbiker
Tbh there's barely anything you can do to mod a 50cc bike like that. The engine isn't designed to make any more power and the only things that will make any real difference is like boring it out but then you need to buy new bigger pistons.

Ok, i'll consider that.
Original post by Bathwiggle
lost is fun :biggrin: LO doesn't get lost

pink paint :biggrin:

Unlike someone...

You're evil!
Reply 5576
Ugs is fixed now :grin:
Reply 5577
raining now though

Where are you coming from?

I know most/some good roads around Cov, so gimme a start point and a destination and I'll have a think.
Reply 5578
Am on bike holiday. Try not to miss me too much!
Reply 5579
Original post by Motorbiker

After much thought i've decided to give the bike to my brother as a 16th birthday present at the end of next month. I'm considering doing what you said and boring the engine. How much would this cost and would it be legal? Also, although the bike is mechanically sound, most of the panels on the bike are scratched and it looks very scruffy. There is also a small tear on the seat that has some duct tape on. Would it be worth replacing these or would it be better to leave it as it is?

Latest