The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37512321']I decided to drink alcohol instead of eat dinner....not a good idea. But the boy is too tired to go get dinner somewhere...

EDIT: why am I expecting him to translate 'no, I'm fine' into 'actually, I haven't eaten properly since before midday, so I'm starving'. Hunger vs: desire to be thin

Hope you're feeling better this morning :hugs:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37512321']
EDIT: why am I expecting him to translate 'no, I'm fine' into 'actually, I haven't eaten properly since before midday, so I'm starving'. Hunger vs: desire to be thin

:hugs: I'm fighting the same thing at the moment because I know the last time i got down to my ideal weight was in Italy when i barely ate for days on end for the best part of 6 months :s-smilie: its not healthy and i know that, but it doesnt seem to stop me wanting to do it again to myself :s-smilie: message me on here or fb if you want to chat :hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jellybean91
:hugs: I'm fighting the same thing at the moment because I know the last time i got down to my ideal weight was in Italy when i barely ate for days on end for the best part of 6 months :s-smilie: its not healthy and i know that, but it doesnt seem to stop me wanting to do it again to myself :s-smilie: message me on here or fb if you want to chat :hugs:

I'm also at the same point. I just have no willpower, had tea here last night and then went out to a friend's and had some pizza, garlic bread, onion rings and chocolate fudge cake. Feel totally disgusted with myself and find it really hard to exercise on my own. I'm trying to find classes to go to but can't seem to find anything affordable at a time I can go. I know it's all my fault but urgh.
Original post by hbandtr4eva
I'm also at the same point. I just have no willpower, had tea here last night and then went out to a friend's and had some pizza, garlic bread, onion rings and chocolate fudge cake. Feel totally disgusted with myself and find it really hard to exercise on my own. I'm trying to find classes to go to but can't seem to find anything affordable at a time I can go. I know it's all my fault but urgh.

:hugs: Do you want to start doing some running together? I'm just getting myself so down i find myself gorging on chocolate just because its there! and then on the other side of it, sometimes i catch myself purposely not eating and realise i'm heading back to where i was in Italy!
I managed to stop the chocolate and sweets by not allowing myself to eat them. Trouble is, I replaced them with other foods.
It is all a question of willpower and I'm not so great at it. I think I eat most when I'm unhappy and at the moment that's down to the LDR. Since starting my relationship with Ben I've put on about a stone and a half. Not blaiming him, just the situation.

Love to all and support!
Thanks guys :hugs:

Feeling better this morning (apart from a foul hangover, which the boy is curing by feeding me hot Doritos and Pepsi Max). Ended up crying when we got in last night - don't really know why, think it was a release of all the pent up stress of the last two weeks. I think the housemate-door situation was the final straw (although the alcohol probably didn't help :tongue:)

Food stuff - I'm a massive comfort eater, and really struggle to keep a healthy relationship with food. Sometimes I'm fine, then other times I either want to eat everything or nothing at all.

Oh, also found our last night thar Benji's friend (the one I don't like and who has made me cry) isn't going to Brighton uni in September anymore - he's going to De Montfort. So he an I will be in the same city. Although he has started being nicer to me recently, so maybe it won't be too bad...
Hi guys...don't know why but I'm just feeling really dissatisfied with everything at the moment :/ No idea why. Just want a little romance, a little sparkle, and instead I've been cleaning the kitchen and my room. :colonhash: Sometimes wish the boyfriend was the type of person who liked sending me little things in the post or leaving me a cute FB message or something... I'm not really complaining seriously about him, but when he did his Abitur I sent him a homemade exam kit, when he got into Warwick I sent him a little chocolate saying "congratulations", for Easter I sent him a Milkybar egg, and I also pay attention to the little things like Valentine's Day (yeah I didn't get anything for that). I don't want to sound ungrateful but even the smallest thing would mean a lot, you know?
Oh my god i think i might be dying of heat :s-smilie: its a good job i leave in 12 days because i'm not sure how many more sleepless nights and days cowering in the flat i can take :s-smilie: and why OH WHY are the spanish still walking around in jeans and coats???? MADNESS! ITS 36 DEGREES FOR GODS SAKE!!! /rant :smile: i know i shouldnt be complaining about heat, but honestly, this is just too much!

Such a Lady - I think i'd be a bit annoyed too, it probably wouldn't matter so much if you lived down the road, but its the little things in LDR that show someones thinking about you that always mean the most :smile:

Such a Lady - I think i'd be a bit annoyed too, it probably wouldn't matter so much if you lived down the road, but its the little things in LDR that show someones thinking about you that always mean the most :smile:

Yeah... :/

I mean, Skyping's still fun and everything but lately he's become really lax in emails, like he'll promise to write to me in the morning and then it'll be the afternoon and I'll be the one sending the first message, and that's happened quite often lately where he'll actually promise and then it's like 2pm and nothing. He's the kind of person who never promises anything unless he means it. And it's always me sending the first message, regardless of what time either of us wakes up. Nothing from him since we came off Skype six hours ago. Why does it always have to be me?

Edit: Just got a message saying "Are you still alive? :tongue:" Right...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7549
Hi! *waves* I've pretty much been asleep the entire time since I got back to the boy's after my exam on Friday. It went well, although you never can really tell with oral exams. I guess they have to sound interested to encourage you, but there were no major disasters. An they didn't ask me that many questions in the discussion bit so that's usually an indicator that it's gone well - if the presentation was rubbish, for example, they ask you more questions in the general discussion session to give you the chance to salvage your mark.

Had a pretty tense afternoon being forced to watch the football. Almost gutted that City won... what is happening to me?!
Original post by such_a_lady
Yeah... :/

I mean, Skyping's still fun and everything but lately he's become really lax in emails, like he'll promise to write to me in the morning and then it'll be the afternoon and I'll be the one sending the first message, and that's happened quite often lately where he'll actually promise and then it's like 2pm and nothing. He's the kind of person who never promises anything unless he means it. And it's always me sending the first message, regardless of what time either of us wakes up. Nothing from him since we came off Skype six hours ago. Why does it always have to be me?

Edit: Just got a message saying "Are you still alive? :tongue:" Right...

:hugs: that sounds so frustrating! I had that with my ex and it did my head in!! Have you spoken to him about it? He probably doesn't even realise how important it is to you!
Hi all! Apologies I've been MIA, had my sister down this weekend and also been manic at work lately. Add to that organising moving house and I've not had time to breathe eek!
(edited 11 years ago)
Urghhh I'm getting annoyed now! Since that business with the boy being told i'd been cheating on him, I blocked my ex (because I just cant be sure it wasnt him, although i dont think it was) and I've had 3 emails from him in that time telling me just how unnecessary it was to do that and why can't I be civil with him because he didn't ask for any of this either.... grrrr :angry:
Reply 7553
Urghhh I'm getting annoyed now! Since that business with the boy being told i'd been cheating on him, I blocked my ex (because I just cant be sure it wasnt him, although i dont think it was) and I've had 3 emails from him in that time telling me just how unnecessary it was to do that and why can't I be civil with him because he didn't ask for any of this either.... grrrr :angry:

Your ex is a fruit loop, anyway (if it's the one you broke up with most recently), so I have no idea why he'd possibly think you'd want to be friends with him in any case. :s-smilie:
Original post by jeh_jeh
Your ex is a fruit loop, anyway (if it's the one you broke up with most recently), so I have no idea why he'd possibly think you'd want to be friends with him in any case. :s-smilie:

I dont know either.. he says he doesnt want it to be awkward when we run into each other... I plan on making no effort whatsoever to be in the same room as his for the foreseeable future! but i've not replied to a single email, hes doing it again where I dont say a single word to him and he just bombards me with messages!! just GIVE UP ALREADY :grumble:
Reply 7555
I dont know either.. he says he doesnt want it to be awkward when we run into each other... I plan on making no effort whatsoever to be in the same room as his for the foreseeable future! but i've not replied to a single email, hes doing it again where I dont say a single word to him and he just bombards me with messages!! just GIVE UP ALREADY :grumble:

There's a difference, though, between it not being awkward and suddenly being best buddies. And by putting you in this position, he's only making it worse, anyway! Idiot.
Original post by jeh_jeh
There's a difference, though, between it not being awkward and suddenly being best buddies. And by putting you in this position, he's only making it worse, anyway! Idiot.

Yeh exactly, he doesn't quite seem to grasp that the more he messages me the worse he makes it for himself and me! Some men can really be clueless!! Ok i'm calm now :smile:
Reply 7557
Hi guys

Where does the weekend go? Literally I swear a blink ago it was Friday.

Been baking this weekend a little bit. Made cheese scones and a chocolate tart - Heston's recipe.

Soo much marking to do but thankfully all done.

Will found out yesterday that he got accepted to a PhD conference/school thing in New York so all in all is going to be away for 3 weeks this summer - has a week in Cambridge and then New York is two weeks and he is going straight from one to the other. Very proud and excited for him but equally going to miss him.

I know 3 weeks really isn't much but now that we have been living together for 10 months it seems it.

On the plus side we go to Morocco for 10 days like 4 days after he gets back which should make up for it.

Original post by jeh_jeh

I agree with Jess, ignore the idiot, you don't owe him anything.

*yawn* Sat on the train at B'ham New Street, just waiting to leave so that I can tuck into my dinner. So glad I only have to do this journey a maximum of twice more. I just want to be gone now, but won't get in until at least 11.

Jess - I sometimes wonder whether you and I have ever passed on train to and from New Street

Had a lovely day with the boy - he was very sympathetic about my hangover, ans spent the day feeding me tasty food and looking after me :love: although hangover meant that it was definitely a cuddly day rather than a sexy one. 12 days til I see him again, by which point I'll have finished my degree (*fingers crossed*) which is quite scary. Can't believe we've made it all the way through my time at uni, especially when I was so unsure about starting anything in the first place

What a nutter. You ask me, he still likes you...

On the topic of annoying people. Ben's got a friend he games with pretty much every day. (He knows him off here actually, me too.) When Ben and I first go together it was joked by him that "they, his gamer friends, had Ben first. I took it lightly and went along with the joke. What's really frustrating is that now every time I make a Facebook status about enjoying a day out with Ben or the like, this guy has to make a comment about "when do we get him back/can we have him back now? It started off as a joke but now it's beginning to piss me off because that's all he ever says to me. Added to which he probably gets more time with Ben than I do.

I think underneath it all he's not even joking any more. Akjsdkjasdasdjbka.

Latest