so what i wrote is it correct?

i dont know, i hope it is....i hope mines correct too....lol
yep, chem 6 next week as well!

all chem, bio and core math A2, plus mechanics and stat 1 :smile:

Original post by iesians
next week i have chem and phy unit6

and them all chem phy and bio unit 5 in june ...:smile: wbu
Reply 302
Guys have you started revising maths at all ? How and when are you planning on ?
Reply 303
Original post by laugh123
Guys have you started revising maths at all ? How and when are you planning on ?

maths ? i think you are on the wrong thread :smile:
Reply 304
is there any thread of A2 physics unit 6 which is next week ..........?!?!??!?!
Reply 305
Original post by iesians
is there any thread of A2 physics unit 6 which is next week ..........?!?!??!?!

I did a thread, called A2 Physics Unit 6 ~ 21st May 2012. Check it out. Ahaha. No one replied yett. But iesians please reply. I need yyaa :biggrin:
for question 1 i wrote that we will do random sampling and count the initial numbers of both the weeds and crops.then i leave for 24 hours and come back and count the final number of crops and weeds. i said to control temperature and ph. i said to control ph by measuring the ph in each quadrat and then choosing quadrats where the soil ph is the same.

in number 2 i did a scatter graph.

in number 3 i did the antibiotic experiment but i used different concentrations of ethanol instead.in 3e i said it is hard to control all variables and that temperature might fluctuate and that its hard to measure the diameter of the clear zones..

what does everybody think?? :smile:
Reply 307
Original post by d_94
I did a thread, called A2 Physics Unit 6 ~ 21st May 2012. Check it out. Ahaha. No one replied yett. But iesians please reply. I need yyaa :biggrin:

i love ya ! you know that ..:biggrin::wink:
Reply 308
Original post by Kate Beckett
for question 1 i wrote that we will do random sampling and count the initial numbers of both the weeds and crops.then i leave for 24 hours and come back and count the final number of crops and weeds. i said to control temperature and ph. i said to control ph by measuring the ph in each quadrat and then choosing quadrats where the soil ph is the same.

in number 2 i did a scatter graph.

in number 3 i did the antibiotic experiment but i used different concentrations of ethanol instead.in 3e i said it is hard to control all variables and that temperature might fluctuate and that its hard to measure the diameter of the clear zones..

what does everybody think?? :smile:

hmmm for question 1 i wrtoe ill examine them for 1 week !! wouldnt weed killer take time to kill them lol

and for Q 2 and Q3 i wrtoe same as you :smile:
Reply 309
Hey , for question 1 i mentioned taking both samples of the plants and taking explants and growing them in a solution containing the actual weedkiller and seeing any apparent morphological features is that good ?
Reply 310
Original post by pandaz
definitely Spearman Rank Correlation and scatter graphs all the way through, cz we were dealing with correlations between a dependent and independent variable!

You can use a Scatter Graph or a Bar Chart, Bar Charts can be used for correlations also. And whether it was Spearman's Rank or T-test makes no difference in the answer to that question as the ways of accepting/rejecting null hypothesis for both are the same.
Reply 311
Original post by Otlichno
You can use a Scatter Graph or a Bar Chart, Bar Charts can be used for correlations also. And whether it was Spearman's Rank or T-test makes no difference in the answer to that question as the ways of accepting/rejecting null hypothesis for both are the same.

LOL I'll be praying you're right :tongue:
Original post by iesians
i know it depends on water potential ! lets hope water rushes in and breaks the damn cell ! GOSH im pissed from edexcel :tongue:

That question was from IGCSE. The weedkillers cause the weeds to use up all their stored food resources. Thus food resources become exhausted and the weeds die.
Reply 313
Original post by deathb4dishonour
That question was from IGCSE. The weedkillers cause the weeds to use up all their stored food resources. Thus food resources become exhausted and the weeds die.

thats the remotest thing anyone could have ever thought of ! EDEXCEL sux
(edited 11 years ago)
when was that IGCSE?

GAHHHHHHH i wrote that because IAA makes the weeds grow so much they need a lot of minerals which they cant get enough from the soil..is that equivalent?

Original post by deathb4dishonour
i cant even answer an IGCSE question :biggrin:

Original post by iesians
thats the remotest thing anyone could have ever thought of ! EDEXCEL sux
Reply 316
There wasn't such thing in IGCSE when i did it 2 years ago.
I gave an explanation that it inhibits enzymes for growth and therefore the plants can't develop normally and dies.
Reply 317
Original post by Theodoros
There wasn't such thing in IGCSE when i did it 2 years ago.
I gave an explanation that it inhibits enzymes for growth and therefore the plants can't develop normally and dies.

No. There was in the ig's :/
Reply 318
HOLY MACARONI!. IGCSE?! :eek:
Btw you guys, for question 1, I know a couple of my mates who talked about taking a sample and then putting them in agar with the weedkillers on discs.
Could that be a possibility???? Did anyone else talk about that??
I personally don't think that's right, but if the weekiller does kill the leaves, then it would leave a clear zone?
And has anyone asked their biology teacher yet?? I do homeschooling so I have no one to ask sadly! :frown:

There goes Queen Mary university ! :s-smilie:
Reply 319
Original post by laugh123
Hey , for question 1 i mentioned taking both samples of the plants and taking explants and growing them in a solution containing the actual weedkiller and seeing any apparent morphological features is that good ?

Hmmm, a couple of my mates said something similar. But instead of growing them in solution, they used agar plates. Got no idea if thats right though mate !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending