The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Birdman (8/10)

My preconceptions of the film and my understanding of its premise made me think this would be a parody of Keaton's life (famous for playing a superhero in the late 80s/90s and then time's passed him by and his career's faded). After watching this I did notice the similarities and Keaton's performance was incredible and worthy of his Oscar nomination..
I'm not a huge fan of tracking shots (only when they're executed well like in Spectre) but they were used effectively here albeit overused. It was good to have an original screenplay win Best Picture at the Oscars as well rather than the over saturation of biopics and 'based on true events' films. This wasn't a happy film by any means but it was definitely very good! :smile:
Jungle Book, LOVED IT :congrats:
Now You See Me 2 - 6.5/10
This movie was a mess. Not as good as the first one.
Original post by muf_mur
Now You See Me 2 - 6.5/10
This movie was a mess. Not as good as the first one.

Good, no need to waste money on it then. I had a feeling it would be poor.
Star wars the phantom menace.
7/10 it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
The fast and the furious, the first part of the series fast and furious.*

It was okay, has some nice action scenes and some highlights. The other parts of this are better. 6,5/10 *
Original post by catman99
Star wars the phantom menace.
7/10 it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Only bits I liked when I was younger were the podrace and the lightsaber duel, last watched it a couple of years ago and still feel the same.The rest of it isn't worth watching, overuse of green screen, very poor dialogue, and Jar Jar Binks :wink:

A Bug's Life (8/10) - saw this for the first time in years and years (the only Pixar my nephew hadn't seen) and I enjoyed it as did my nephew. Like any of the early Pixar films the dialogue is sharp, the animation is great (considering the number of characters there were to animate and the year it was made) and it leaves several key messages (e.g. the importance of standing up for yourself). It worked best as a stand-alone film as well so hopefully Disney don't make a sequel.
رابح فوق صفيح ساخن
Starring Adel Imam. Quality movie had me in stitches throughout

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know I'm late to the party with this one but I just watched Star Wars force awakens finally, thought it was decent but can see why some of the people who grew up with the franchise wouldn't like it but I guess it's a money maker and been bought by Disney to market to a new generation now. Next on my list is straight out of Compton and suicide squad
The Karate Kid (1984) - 8/10
Despicable Me 8
Despicable Me 2 7
Minions 6

Getting worse :frown:

Frozen ground with Nicolas Cage about a serial killer in Alaska- true life. about a 6.5

The Trust- Nicolas cage again- corrupt cops robbery. better than expected. Considering budget then it was a 7.5. Better than I expected.
Some old but over the weekend...

The Change Up, don't like these sort of films generally and...this wasn't any better really. I'll give it a 6/10 so overall positive review for a small scene which was....good.

V/H/S....Liked it. Glad to hear the first tape is being made into a feature film as it was my favorite one.
Suicide Squad - 6.5/10
I decided to watch it despite not being a big fan of films like this. Was an average film which was carried by its decent start, delving into character backstory. Plot was suspect at times.

The Purge: Election Year - 6/10

Mechanic: Resurrection - 6.5/10

Lights out - 6/10
Standard jump scare horror
Star Trek Beyond - 8/10

The Nice Guys - 7/10
Thor 2 loved it. 8/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jason Bourne - 7/10

Definitely better than The Bourne Legacy (Although i do like the Aaron Cross character and wouldn't be against him appearing in future movies. It was more the case of the story/direction/cinematography that felt off and not Bourne-like).

The Greengrass touch was felt throughout the movie, but it was slightly underwhelming and didn't quiet build up the tension that the others had going. Seemed to focus too much on the action for me.

Now You See Me 2 - 6/10

I enjoyed the first one even if you had to suspend belief a few times, so suspending belief through this one was quite easy to do. Don't think a sequel was necessary though.
(edited 7 years ago)
The Brothers Grimsby - 5/10
****ing gross
Jurassic World - 9/10 Awesome movie
Calender Girls - 8/10 Good watch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fight Club

Really want a pair of nunchucks now
Independence Day: Resurgence- 3/10

Holy balls this is a bad movie.

Quick Reply

Latest