The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jaseho98
Hello guys! Seeing that there is a thread for 2015, guessing it's time for a new thread for 2016 entries!

Let's discuss university choices and courses:~) X

I changed my options last week! I'm now applying to Neuropsychology at UCLAN! I'm really excited! Accommodation and student finance are sorted!
Original post by jaseho98
Exactly the same choices! Firmed UCL and insured Durham!!

Sorry, I was quoting you, but I messed up the formatting! I'm still deciding between KCL and Edinburgh for insurance. I have until June 8th... or something like that.

But I still hope to see you at UCL!
Gotten offers from Cardiff, Leeds, and Essex. If anyone could tell me how it's like to be studying in either of those 3 places, pls let me know!
Firmed University of Liverpool for psychology :smile: any one else?
Reply 864
I'm going to be studying Psychology at University of Westminster... anyone else?
Hi, i am thinking Bristol and Durham one of them as my firm choice, my insurance choice is Exeter. I want to go to Bristol but the offer is bit high for me. And Durham has a very good reputation and i can meet the offer but i dun like location...
Can someone pls give advise :smile:
Hi. I am interested in studying Psychology at Warwick. The course does not require any specific A Levels as long as you meet the science and maths GCSE requirements (which I do). The course asks for A level results of AAB and predictions of ABB or above. I am aware however that preference will be given to students from a scientific background. Do I stand a chance of being accepted with predicted A2 grades of AAB in English Literature, Classical Civilisation and Politics?I also will have an AS level in RS and reasonable GCSE results, 7 A*/As and 3Bs. Psychology GCSE and A Level weren't offered at my school so I am doing the GCSE independently this years alongside my A2s.
Reply 867
I swear Durham and Bristol want the same grades?
Original post by kiera28
Hi. I am interested in studying Psychology at Warwick. The course does not require any specific A Levels as long as you meet the science and maths GCSE requirements (which I do). The course asks for A level results of AAB and predictions of ABB or above. I am aware however that preference will be given to students from a scientific background. Do I stand a chance of being accepted with predicted A2 grades of AAB in English Literature, Classical Civilisation and Politics?I also will have an AS level in RS and reasonable GCSE results, 7 A*/As and 3Bs. Psychology GCSE and A Level weren't offered at my school so I am doing the GCSE independently this years alongside my A2s.

I think as long as you do some reading around the neuroscience side of psychology and can talk about this in your personal statement to demonstrate you will be able to understand the scientific aspects of the course you'll be fine. There will plenty of other people who don't do sciences! If you can in some way link the subjects you do to psychology in some way your PS as well this will help.
Reply 869
Hey guys

I'd really appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes completing a research study on the experience of the drive for muscularity as part of my MSc Psychology dissertation. This will be considered in terms of self-perception, comparisons of actual and ideal body image, and dietary and exercising habits.You will be asked to complete a series of self-report questionnaires with regards to these factors, this should take ~10minutes. The survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/K5RFTWLThank you! :colondollar:
Hi! I'm an international student deciding between Manchester or Birmingham for BSc Psychology -- Does anyone have insights on which uni has a better reputation and psychology course? Any advice is highly appreciated! Thanks so much :smile: :smile: :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sidbholat
Anyone going to Uni of Birmingham studying psychology in September 😊

I am too, :L
Hi all!

If you've applied to study Psychology at Anglia Ruskin, we have one of our current students available to answer any questions you may have. You can find the thread here.

:smile:
I'm doing Psychology at UEA starting this September. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, Anyone has any experience studying a Conversion Masters Program in Psycology? Specially distance learning and/or part time? I am working at the moment and I want to know if the content of education is high enough and how hard it is to do full time while working? I am looking into Manchester Metropolean Uni as well as Birmingham City Uni. None of which have high ranks though. Thanks for your advice in advance

Quick Reply

Latest